I am ready to flush the coolant system on my 94 F350 and want to review the steps. The yellow heater hose in the picture below runs from the water pump to the heater. The red hose runs from the heater to the head and the radiator. I was going to
1. disconnect the heater hose from the radiator and drain it.
2. disconnect the heater hose from the water pump and drain the remainder of the heater core.
3. remove the block plugs and drain.
4. flush the radiator by running water in from the fill cap and out the heater hose connection.
5. flush the heater core with the hose to the block clamped.
6. clamp the heater to radiator hose and flush the passenger side block.
7. replace the passenger side block plug with anti-seize and flush the driver side block.
8. replace the driver side block plug with anti-seize and flush the water pump.
9. reconnect the hoses and fill with Prestone Flush (Sodium Citrate)
10. drive for 3 days and repeat the flushing.
11. If the water temps remain elevated at highway speeds, replace thermostat with Motorcraft E5TZ-8575-C thermostat.
12. refill with Fleet Charger and distilled water.
13. replace the radiator cap.