Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gggood Mmorning ARkansas!

Hot and humid here......high of 96 today

Old 06-21-2014, 06:15 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Finally had a few minutes to check out the truck, it's driveable, but barely. The engine has a definite cackle, probably one weak injector and I think the ICP sensor is bad. Hooked up a gauge to the Hipo rail and a fuel pressure gauge. Fuel pressure is around 40 psi, Hipop was all over the gauge, it would hold at 1Kpsi and run real rough then jump to 1500 and smooth out. After a few seconds it would fall back and RPMs would drop again. Unplugged the ICP sensor and it jumps to 1500 and holds steady. Of course this turns on the CEL. Driveability is sorta hindered by the fact that the shift **** is missing from the handle, so the OD wires are just hanging there. Hope the shift handle from my 94 will fit.
There's a major dent in the RR fender, not sure my bodyworking skills are up to repairing that one, we'll just have to see.
On an up note, it does have a B&W turnover ball in the bed a receiver hitch with 3-way ball on the back and the A/C works.
Oh yeah, the WTS light stays on for aprox 2-3 seconds, so I figure glow plug replacement is a given too.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:40 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Company coming in from out of town, pork loin on the grill, scalloped potatoes and my famous beans on the stove, life is good in the river bottoms.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:15 AM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ford idi diesel super nice update

Anybody seen this? Makes me want it, but I have to get rid of my PSD first (and keep a bunch of the parts I have on it like my wheels and tires and whatnot).

Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by lindstromjd
Ford idi diesel super nice update

Anybody seen this? Makes me want it, but I have to get rid of my PSD first (and keep a bunch of the parts I have on it like my wheels and tires and whatnot).
Nice looking rig, hmmm...... I happen to have a 7.3 IDI

Nah! Better not.... I have too many projects going now to buy another.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:45 AM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been wanting to go back with an IDI for a while now. Mainly because this PSD is getting me into too much trouble with all the money and upgrades I put into it. Don't ever tell your wife you're "fixing" a "perfectly good truck". She'll get pissed at you.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:38 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by lindstromjd
Don't ever tell your wife you're "fixing" a "perfectly good truck". She'll get pissed at you.
Glad I don't have that problem, my wife has no idea what I do with my money. :-) My main problem is spending all I can make trying to complete the deck and remodel on this house. I guess someday it'll be worth it. ;-)

Old 06-23-2014, 10:09 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
I put all my play money last year into remodeling our screen porch into a sun room. Windows, siding, tounge and groove for the interior, heating and cooling, but it's all done now(except for the fancy front door my better half wants).
It was worth it.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:16 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Well since I now own a PSD and have a customer with two more of them I decided that I could justify the order of the AE scantool. Just placed my order from Riffraff Diesel. Lot of $$$ for a new toy, but I think it will pay for its self quickly. Have other customers with late model Dodge/Cummins, so I'm sure that upgrade will likely come next.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:38 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Well since I now own a PSD and have a customer with two more of them I decided that I could justify the order of the AE scantool. Just placed my order from Riffraff Diesel. Lot of $$$ for a new toy, but I think it will pay for its self quickly. Have other customers with late model Dodge/Cummins, so I'm sure that upgrade will likely come next.
They're powerful tools for sure.. I planned to eventually get one too, now you can teach me how to use it when i get it

Old 06-25-2014, 09:27 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evening gentlemen. Just got back from a trip to Casper, WY. In hindsight we should have drove all the way. Did have a EcoBoost powered Escape for a rental while we were up there. Quite impressed with the power and some what fuel economy of that little SUV. Never did figure out if it had the 1.6L or 2.0L version; but it didn't have any trouble keeping up with traffic and getting high 20's/low 30's for fuel economy.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Holy SMOKES! First he buys a PSD, then he's buying the latest & greatest in the support/tools for a PSD. Has it suddenly cooled off, or is it just me?
Originally Posted by tojoski
I planned to eventually get one too, now you can teach me how to use it when i get it
You would have thought Dave would have given you one for Christmas already. The only problem I have with my AE is it won't talk to someone's "slightly modified" 6.0L that was at a recent GTG. Once you understand how to navigate through AE, it's a very powerful tool indeed.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:33 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
They're powerful tools for sure.. I planned to eventually get one too, now you can teach me how to use it when i get it
Not me. I downloaded torque pro onto my little next book 8. As soon as my adapter gets here I'll see if its worth the $4.95 I spent on it.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:56 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cookie88
Not me. I downloaded torque pro onto my little next book 8. As soon as my adapter gets here I'll see if its worth the $4.95 I spent on it.
Can you see Ford specific functions and test? I know, for $4.95 it's worth the gamble...just curious if someone else has been granted a license by Ford to access that kind of information. It has always been my understanding AE and Ford's IDS are the only two systems that will do contribution tests for the PSD platform.

Old 06-25-2014, 10:14 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Can you see Ford specific functions and test? I know, for $4.95 it's worth the gamble...just curious if someone else has been granted a license by Ford to access that kind of information. It has always been my understanding AE and Ford's IDS are the only two systems that will do contribution tests for the PSD platform.
Don't know yet. Still waiting on my data link adapter. I read somewhere it can buzz test, but most of the functions aren't available until I get it connected to the truck.

Old 06-28-2014, 08:09 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by cookie88
Don't know yet. Still waiting on my data link adapter. I read somewhere it can buzz test, but most of the functions aren't available until I get it connected to the truck.
Well share what you find out, if you would please. It would be interesting to know what's out there as far as options. I really need to update my AE so it can talk to the little blue car (wife's chariot). Nothing is wrong with it yet, but I'm sure the day is coming.

Quick Reply: June chat thread!