Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

June chat thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 04:22 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
HELP!!!!! Get me outta this place! I could not stand to live in the big city. :-(

Old 06-13-2014, 04:16 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Friday the 13th and a full moon tonight...what's the worse that coule happen? Packing garlic and a tazer in the grip just in case things get a little native tonight.
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
HELP!!!!! Get me outta this place! I could not stand to live in the big city. :-(
Are you kidding? Big city is just awesome...especially when jackwagon in a lifted mall-crawer dragging a bass boat tries to take the front of your truck off because he has NO CLUE how to drag a trailer.

Old 06-13-2014, 05:36 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
Friday the 13th and a full moon tonight...what's the worse that coule happen? Packing garlic and a tazer in the grip just in case things get a little native tonight.Are you kidding?.
We're headed the beach later to check out the full moon. Maybe the crazies will head in the other direction. :-)

Old 06-13-2014, 10:02 PM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I learned the story about that C-130 while I was in basic loadmaster school here at LRAFB. It's quite interesting, and the thing was soooo grossly over-loaded that it took every inch of a 10,000 feet runway to get it airborne.

Speaking of deals on trucks... there's a '96 PSD on craigslist that "doesn't run" because the guy is "dumb on diesels". I laughed when I read it and thought to myself, "I bet $50 that it's fuse #22 or low oil. Lol. Someone should save it from the guy. It's a crew cab 2wd and he's only asking $1500 for it.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:43 AM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's an interesting bird for sure. When it got here in 89 it was all green, then it was painted gray when the fleet switched. They only put it back to the Vietnam era camo a few years ago.

Old 06-14-2014, 12:30 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Not exactly where I want to be during vacation. Sitting in waiting room of Goodyear Tire. We hit something in the road Wed night and blew a tire and damaged the wheel. Gonna try and straighten the mag wheel enough to hold a spare tire, sorta have my doubts.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So how nice is it to spend the day before Father's Day riding the classic Harley to the show on Petit Jean? Saw a guy who used to work for me, a future customer who I hadn't been able to reach, and best of all a car we built take yet another trophy.
Lots of cool stuff in the swap meet, too.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Happy Father's day to all the dads (and grandfather's). I'd like to think I'm getting to spend today the way I'd like...but work called my wife away, so I'm having to work on chores. Oh well, any day away from salt mine is a great day.
Not exactly where I want to be during vacation. Sitting in waiting room of Goodyear Tire. We hit something in the road Wed night and blew a tire and damaged the wheel.
That stinks Jeff. Hopefully you can convince the rim to do your wishes.
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
So how nice is it to spend the day before Father's Day riding the classic Harley to the show on Petit Jean? Saw a guy who used to work for me, a future customer who I hadn't been able to reach, and best of all a car we built take yet another trophy.
Lots of cool stuff in the swap meet, too.
Sounds like a great day there Wally. I bet nothing brings pride to re-builder/restoration shop like having one of your cars take another trophy.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:47 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by zhilton
That stinks Jeff. Hopefully you can convince the rim to do your wishes.
No go, headed home tomorrow with a new tire on the ground and a bent wheel in the back. :-(

Old 06-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Yeah, well I ended up spending about 6 hours at the shop doing a Rhino lining job on Sunday to pay for my day of fun Saturday.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:49 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Yeah, well I ended up spending about 6 hours at the shop doing a Rhino lining job on Sunday to pay for my day of fun Saturday.
Although I am self employed and at most times have enough work to go at it 7 days a week, I just refuse to work Sundays.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:58 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Although I am self employed and at most times have enough work to go at it 7 days a week, I just refuse to work Sundays.
Did you make it back ok jeff? Hope you had a good time.

I wound up not going to the car show, just had too much going on.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:43 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by tojoski
Did you make it back ok jeff? Hope you had a good time.
Almost home! Had a great time and ate way too much good food.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Jeff, the original plan was my wife was supposed to work Sat, so I was going to do the job then.
Come Friday night I was told that she had to work Sunday instead of Saturday, so we decided to play Saturday and work Sunday.
I don't work on weekends unless my wife has to work too. Part of a deal I made her when I took over this shop.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:12 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
I don't work on weekends unless my wife has to work too. Part of a deal I made her when I took over this shop.
I used to do a lot of Sat work before I got remarried, but since she has only weekends off we try to spend them together.
I made myself a promise many years ago, Sundays are mine. :-)

Quick Reply: June chat thread!