Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

SUMMER CHAT 2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 12:50 AM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I read it almost everyday, I just have been busy as heck, 4 kids and a job will do that for ya...
I hit 39 at the end of last month and have decided that I am going to work on loosing some weight, I hit 270 and it scared the heck out of me. I changed my eating and lost down to 253 with in a week... I then went on vacation for a week... only gained a single pound, I have been getting back on the diet this week and have not decided what gym to join. I have a goal of being 200lbs or under by my 40th b day...

I found out after I got back that my medical insurance is going up over 5grand next year.... for the first year I have been seriously thinking about NOT having insurance....
So yes, I have a lot to think about lately.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Howdy az gang. Sorry been busy working on the expedition trying to figure out what is wrong. That and working on the 07 Harley doing regular maintenance that is much needed.
Trav

Old 08-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
don't worry about it Craig... you are doing a fine job here.

Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2014, 12:31 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Afternoon Craig, Bill, Dean, Trav, Ray and Amy

-The Great

Old 08-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Az_Ray
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been really busy with work and practice for the NTDC.

Hope everyone is doing good.

I'm in Pittsburgh for the 6 days....I'm at the NTDC(national truck driving championships) wish me luck....think I'm going to need it, a lot of good drivers here.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:14 AM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Well......... where to start, I just got back from vacation, found out the insurance was going up talked to the office about it and possibly revisiting my pay to off set the increased premiums....... fast forward to today.... they just fired me.
Hell of a way to start off my 12th year with the company, I guess they found some one that they think can do my job for less money then me. Which is sad and a huge mistake since I know the guy that they hired is not even half the service tech I was. He might have the same certifications as I do, but when you bounce from company to company, (5 in the last 2 years that I know of) there is a reason you get let go.

This is the first job I have EVER been fired from.... and I have been working since I was 9 or 10, sure it was with family back then, but still from, 14 on I had a job. They did give me a severance package, and are paying me through the end of the month and also for my 2 weeks vacation I had left, but it still stings.

I am glad I bought my scissor lift , and trailer last year, the old company paid it all off for me, renting it out from me, and the rental business has just picked up, so it will be nice to have the extra money coming in while I am out of work.... I kind of have to laugh saying that, since when I told my friends in the industry quite a few of them all said come work for me, can you start tomorrow? I am holding out for a job with QT, I have felt the need to apply there, and almost went to work for them a few years back, but the company I was with stepped up and gave me more money to stay. Now I wish I had gone to them back then, oh well. I guess I have time to work on my truck, and repaint the house, and kiss my wife not that I didn't do plenty of the latter before...
Everything happens for a reason i guess....

Old 08-12-2014, 09:43 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Howdy az gang. Donn I hope you get the job you want.
Trav

Old 08-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good Morning Everyone...

Good Luck with the job hunt Donn. i have 2 job interviews today starting at 1 pm. we will discuss pay, but it's a very short term job, paint a bathroom and kitchen. the other for some exterior trim painting, off to collect final pmt on a job finished back the first week of june. in a way i hate not having a long term job outlook but i love being my own boss

Old 08-12-2014, 10:40 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,692 Likes on 1,134 Posts
slow times are bad when self employed for sure! I always keep a cushion fund to get through them. the only slow time I like is December, I just hunt when business is slow.

Old 08-12-2014, 04:22 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Good Afternoon Everyone.
Donn sorry to hear your job deal. Don't they have to have a reason to fire you? I know they don't to lay you off, but to fire you?
I keep trying to get fired from my job but my wife is too kind.

Good Luck Ray.

Old 08-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Laid off, fired, or to use thier word, terminated.... It all means the same to me at the end of the day... they gave me a severance package... paid me through the end of the month, and for my vacation i had still due. I have prospects, i have heard that QT is fully staffed, so that is a dead end at this point. I could be at Circle K in 2 weeks if i am willing to take a huge cut in pay, but with 4 kids to feed and things being tight as it was, i dont see that being a real option. I am going to interview for it, and see what i can negotiate. It would put me home every night and i would be local, so i can see my family.... i can make more elsewhere, but at what cost..
I think between the rental of the equipment picking up, and the job at circle k i will make about the same.

I will be selling off my F450 once i get it running and cleaned out... i really dont want to, but i don't need 3 diesels to feed, and the 450 is the most hungry one to feed... hell of a service truck though

Old 08-12-2014, 07:37 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Donn, Yea I understand putting it that way. Did they give you a reason? just curious. I have been out of the work force for so many years I don't know how these companies work anymore. I spent the last 12 years of working for myself. That what happens when you find you can't put up working for others. But with 4 kids that is most likely not where you will head for now.
What is your trade?
Best wishes on your new adventure, I'm sure something will open up for you.

Old 08-12-2014, 09:27 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey AZ FTE'rs

Been awhile since I posted around here. I'm not about to read 14,000 pages to get caught up, so I figured I'd just say HELLO!

I recently swapped new gears in my 7.3 to 4.30's. Wow.....I should've done this a LONG time ago! I am running 37" tires nowadays, and the factory 3.73 gears made it pretty much a pig when towing. Now it purrs it's way up any hill, with lower temps, and much less effort. All the truck does these days is tow the boat, or Toy Hauler from home to the lake or camp. I flipped over the 200k mark last year too, still love my truck

Hope all are doing well ~ Travis

Old 08-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Well committed a Ford Sin today!

Our beloved 97 Ford expedition 4x4 4.6L 4R70W that was burning oil and giving us problems that we couldn't seem to find out got taken up to phoenix running like crap and traded in on a 2004 GMC Envoy 4x4 5.3L SLT with every single option available. She has a few dings and scratches but nothing the backroads won't end up causing anyways. Nice part is it is Summit White which is the color of the 02 F250 and my favorite color.

Forgot which one it was that use to own an Envoy but hope I can get some good miles out of this truck. Boy oh boy the neighbor is going to be happy!
Trav

Old 08-12-2014, 09:48 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Good to hear from you Travis.
I have been spending a lot of time at our place. Got all our trees trimmed & the slash cleaned up. Hope to start building by next year.

Quick Reply: SUMMER CHAT 2014