6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Garage door opener

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 08:22 PM
mmm635
Senior User
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I guess I am lucky. Mine works on two doors at different houses.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:40 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I am lucky that mine works on my 10 year old opener, but I would be royally pissed if it didn't.

A 65,000k should work as perceived. A universal opener that isn't universal doesn't seem very useful...especially since the option by itself is more money than a new garage door opener.

Old 05-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before we moved, my opener worked at the old house, but I can't get it to work on any of the garage doors at the new house.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:19 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Agreed, it's the car2u Leer setup that is giving people trouble. My openers are too new and require a module. My mom's are too old so I would need a module. Crazy. Homelink works with all openers and every other vehicle uses homelink. Not sure what Ford's deal is with Leer but wish it wasn't. So, now next to my fancy built in buttons, I have a standard clip on remote that came with the opener that works fine.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:13 AM
98woody
Tuned
Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Agreed, it's the car2u Leer setup that is giving people trouble. My openers are too new and require a module. My mom's are too old so I would need a module. Crazy. Homelink works with all openers and every other vehicle uses homelink. Not sure what Ford's deal is with Leer but wish it wasn't. So, now next to my fancy built in buttons, I have a standard clip on remote that came with the opener that works fine.
Thats not mentioned in.the brochure so ill take a free module or a refund

Old 06-01-2014, 10:34 AM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by 98woody
Thats not mentioned in.the brochure so ill take a free module or a refund

RIGHT! If I knew then what I know now I never would have ordered it. I would have just added homelink later or used the remote that came with the opener.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:30 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine work on the garage doors, but I can't get it to program for the gate on the driveway entry.

Sat at that driveway gate one day and tried and tried and tried until I ran out of beer. By that point I also had to leave the truck and walk to the house, I was afraid to drive.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:51 AM
boatflounder
Senior User
Originally Posted by F stock owner
Do you have a steel insulated door? I don't think the signal strength is as strong as handheld transmitter. As I said in an earlier post, I had to get a converter to get the visor unit to work. But even so, my old handheld unit will open the door from half a block away. with my steel door, the has to be at the end of the driveway to open the and maybe 50-75 feet further away to close it. There is a slight distance differential with the handheld as but from much farther away. I believe the steel door has a slight blocking effect.

I always back in too. Have you tried pulling straight in to see if that makes a difference? Pulling straight in will get the transmitter closer to the house by a few feet.
---

2012 F-350 Lariat CC FX4 LB
not sure about insulated but it is a windstorm door so may be heavier, think it did open when I forgot something the other day and pulled in but like I say it works sometimes backed in so not sure if it was that or just the turn for it to work.

Old 06-03-2014, 02:08 PM
DFWCabinetman
Freshman User
Originally Posted by T diesel
Mine worked with the lift master, but I can't get it to work with my new overhead door model. I've pretty much given up.
I had the same problem. You can't use the programming instructions in the owners manual to program an Overhead door open. Go to the overhead door website and use their programming instructions. I did that and my visor remote works with both of my Overhead door openers now. The range still stinks, but at least it works.

Here is a link to the page you need:

http://www.overheaddoor.com/garage-d...HD-openers.pdf

Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM
RedHorse1
Senior User
Mine works but I have to get the truck real close to the door, like it has a weak signal. The Bride's car a '13 Exploder can activate the opener from the far end of the driveway.

Old 06-03-2014, 05:46 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by DFWCabinetman
I had the same problem. You can't use the programming instructions in the owners manual to program an Overhead door open. Go to the overhead door website and use their programming instructions. I did that and my visor remote works with both of my Overhead door openers now. The range still stinks, but at least it works.

It will work with some of the medium age ones but the new ones and the old ones won't without a module.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:51 AM
goatram
Mountain Pass

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got a call from the dealer today. Supposedly there is a fix for the radio issue that was released this week. My truck is scheduled for Thursday to be have new software installed to fix the radio not playing music unless you turn it off then back on when a phone is paired into the system. Will report back if it fixes the issue or not.

Old 06-04-2014, 03:13 AM
desertnomad
Senior User
I gave up long ago. Will open next door neighbor garage overhead but refuses to work for mine. WTF over!!?

Old 06-04-2014, 05:36 AM
T diesel
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DFWCabinetman

THANK YOU!

Old 06-04-2014, 08:29 AM
DFWCabinetman
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
It will work with some of the medium age ones but the new ones and the old ones won't without a module.
My house was built last year so my openers are newer models. I couldn't get the Car2u buttons to work following the instructions in the Ford manual, but I was able to use the instructions provided by Overhead door to make it all work.

Quick Reply: Garage door opener