Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > User Gallery & Picture Display Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2014, 09:20 AM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

ArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputation
Outlaw and JimG's pictures are fine.
Maybe it's only supporters who attach pictures directly into posts?

Chris,
It happens to me all the time with Gary and Bill's pic's.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/donjamer/FTE%20Pics/blumax500-1-1.jpgFTE Fraternity of Blue Max
Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 AM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
ctubutis ctubutis ctubutis
The Image Resizer merely changes the final, rendered image size on people's browsers, it doesn't permanently reduce quality and shrink the file size.

There are online picture resizers available (check google) if you want to upload smaller pictures (which a lot of us here would thank you for ).

Jim - Don't know what to tell ya other than: "Did you enter the maximum X and Y sizes you want into the boxes, then place the mouse pointer over the grey Save Changes button and press and release the left mouse button once?" Kidding aside, some people need significant hand holding to correctly use computers.

What are the X and Y sizes defaulting to when you first access that page? I'm sorry, I don't have the time right now to go look up which images you are referring to and figure out if they're attachments or sourced via IMG tags or whatever, maybe Joseph or somebody can investigate for ya....
Old 06-03-2014, 09:49 AM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

ArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputation
Yes, I put maximum image sizes and saved the changes.
I may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but I have some understanding.

Who knows???
It's not the end of the world.
I just wait for another page in the thread and go back to reading posts.
(but it does hinder my enjoyment minutiae and microanalyses)
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/donjamer/FTE%20Pics/blumax500-1-1.jpgFTE Fraternity of Blue Max
Old 06-03-2014, 10:03 AM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk View Post
Yes, I put maximum image sizes and saved the changes.
I may not be the sharpest tack in the box, but I have some understanding.

Who knows???
It's not the end of the world.
I just wait for another page in the thread and go back to reading posts.
(but it does hinder my enjoyment minutiae and microanalyses)
Heh.

Hey, can you give us some URLs of posts with pictures you're having problems with we can use as examples to go investigate some more?
Old 06-03-2014, 10:29 AM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

Okay, Bill's pic's are too big.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...l#post11162930
The text of all posts on that page will run off into oblivion, if people don't hit the return key.
I know that for some, posting from your phone makes for one huge block of text.
Not that I want to get into netiquette.
But even a long sentence a dozen posts away will have me scrolling side to side.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:39 AM

Yeah, I know exactly whatchya mean about needing to scroll back and forth, I come here from my laptop early weekday mornings and sometimes need to do that.

OK, Bill's posts are attachments, I'm not sure if the Image Resizer thing works on those or not.

Here is one of his pictures embedded here using IMG tags, tell us how this works for you:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:40 AM

I just changed my settings to 800 x 600, the embedded images are shrunk but the attachments aren't
Old 06-03-2014, 10:42 AM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

See?
That is fine!
the same pic in your post #66 takes up about 3/4 the width of the page.
It must be just pic's directly imbedded into posts.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 AM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

Now I know...
Old 06-03-2014, 10:47 AM

We'll see what Jose has to say....
Old 06-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Internet Brands

IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.
Uhhhm.

Weirdly enough, even though Bill's pics are enormous--they fall under the attachment manager's file-size limit.

But it is broken. They should be resized regardless. I'll inform upstairs to address it.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:55 PM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

I'm talking about the psychical width of the image on the page, not file size.
I have set 'height' to 0.
I don't care how tall it is.
I'm scrolling down the page anyhow...

Like I said, I'll deal with it, but the page is much easier for me if I can read through posts.
I wonder if there is some way for me to set type at 100CPL, regardless of images on the page?
Old 06-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Internet Brands

IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk View Post
I'm talking about the psychical width of the image on the page, not file size.
I have set 'height' to 0.
I don't care how tall it is.
I'm scrolling down the page anyhow...

Like I said, I'll deal with it, but the page is much easier for me if I can read through posts.
I wonder if there is some way for me to set type at 100CPL, regardless of images on the page?

Yes, it needs to resize the image size, not the file size.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Saweeeeeeeeeet!
Old 06-04-2014, 07:01 PM
Elder User

nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.nojoke327 has a good reputation on FTE.
Click the image to open in full size.

Works for me

2008 reg cab F350-----sold

US Navy Seabee 07-13. BU2. NMCB 27/22
OEF 09-10 Afghanistan.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > User Gallery & Picture Display Help