6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Shop near Charles Town WV (DC Metro area) to work on my 6.0?

Old 10-07-2014, 10:50 AM
Iaff113
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you go to the local chapter and ask the question or see if anyone would help you?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:29 PM
KIDkiser
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My mechanic about 2 hours awAy from charleston will pull the cab and replace the headgaskets for around $1600 of course if you want it studded and heads milled that would be extra.hes the only one I'll trust to work on my truck.hes very knowledgable about 6.0

Old 10-08-2014, 10:46 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by KIDkiser
My mechanic about 2 hours awAy from charleston will pull the cab and replace the headgaskets for around $1600 of course if you want it studded and heads milled that would be extra.hes the only one I'll trust to work on my truck.hes very knowledgable about 6.0
Anyone who would change gaskets on a 6.0 without checking the heads and probably without studding while they were off is maybe someone I'd have to question.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:47 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Iaff113
Did you go to the local chapter and ask the question or see if anyone would help you?
I don't want someone to help me. I want it done by a professional with a warranty. And if you read the thread you would see this issue has already been addressed and the wv chapter isn't super useful for me because of my geographical location, not to mention the regional forums don't receive much traffic.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:55 AM
78fordman
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hasteranger

Anyone who would change gaskets on a 6.0 without checking the heads and probably without studding while they were off is maybe someone I'd have to question.
Milling and checking the heads are 2 different things.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Iaff113
Laughing Gas
We'll from this entire thread it looks like you are trying to find a perfect mechanic which isn't out their unless you drive to Anthony, either throw out some cash or stop going off reviews. When I choose shops I drive right down their and talk to them face to face. Haven't had a bad experience yet. Your truck will sit forever at this rate

Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 981 Posts
Did you ever call Pasadena Diesel? Home - Pasadena Diesel Repair

Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
We'll from this entire thread it looks like you are trying to find a perfect mechanic which isn't out their unless you drive to Anthony, either throw out some cash or stop going off reviews. When I choose shops I drive right down their and talk to them face to face. Haven't had a bad experience yet. Your truck will sit forever at this rate
You realize the shops we are talking about are anywhere from 90 minutes to 5 hours away from me, and my truck is not healthy? Just driving around to meet everyone isn't going to help me at all. And if I need help with my truck after the repair, someone who won't answer phones or return calls is not who I wanna do business with so it's just as well to find that out up front. Not to mention most of these shops have several week lead times. I will need to plan with my wife ahead of time to drop my truck off so she can come with me to drive me home since most shops take several days to do a head job.

I don't think I'm asking for too much. I don't have $6 grand to spend on it and everyone seems to agree that's too high. So why should I spend more than the entire community thinks is reasonable for the job? At the same time, this is my excursion. It hauls my family on vacation, I tow with it loaded pretty heavy, and I want to do the job right, once, and not have to worry about it again. It's not unreasonable to want a written warranty and someone to answer your phone or at least return a call when you're trying to get 4 or 5 grand out of them for a major repair.

I'm not demanding perfection just basic competency. I've run a business before and I answer my phone, I return calls, i give customers price quotes, and I stand behind my work. That's not so much to ask of other businesses.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Did you ever call Pasadena Diesel? Home - Pasadena Diesel Repair
Another nonreader here.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:42 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 78fordman
Milling and checking the heads are 2 different things.
Yeah but it seems like there are still mechanics who think you can check these heads with a straight edge and a feeler gauge. If you don't have a machine shop in house, the heads have to be sent off to have them checked anyway otherwise you're just asking for a repeat. Like I said if someone told me it was optional or extra to have then sent off on a 6.0 it would raise questions.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Iaff113
Laughing Gas
If I was in your shoes I would do the work my self because you can obviously not be satisfied

Old 10-09-2014, 11:47 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by KIDkiser
What his name and number and where is he? I'm willing to give him a call if he is someone near me. Charleston is 5.5 hours away from me but if he is 2 hours from you maybe he is closer to me.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:50 AM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
If I was in your shoes I would do the work my self because you can obviously not be satisfied
You haven't posted a single useful thing in this thread despite commenting a half dozen times besides plug xlr8 which at the moment have a terrible reputation. If you work for them let me know as I'd be interested in hearing their side of the story if they want to add me as a customer. If you're just trolling then please move on. I don't need the irritation I just need my truck fixed. Again I'm not asking too much.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Iaff113
Laughing Gas
It's funny because you haven't taken a single persons advice that has posted, you just come up with a reason to continue to ask the same question. If I did work for any shop you are most likely the customer I wouldn't want. Have a fun endless search for a shop.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:08 PM
hasteranger
Lead Driver
It's funny because you haven't taken a single persons advice that has posted, you just come up with a reason to continue to ask the same question. If I did work for any shop you are most likely the customer I wouldn't want. Have a fun endless search for a shop.
You clearly aren't paying attention. I've taken just about every suggestion made. And I did check with my local chapter before I even posted this like I told you a billion posts ago. You seem to be affiliated with xlr8 and so I haven't taken your suggestion because there are too many negative reviews of them. I wish that wasn't the case because they are pretty close but if that's the way they treat customers then I'm not interested. And going on forums without being a sponsor to promote your shop is pretty lame too. Like I said, you're not helping. Just trolling. And I'm not sure why. If you don't have something helpful just close the tab and move on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shop near Charles Town WV (DC Metro area) to work on my 6.0?