1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Do you get replies to your email to Midfifty

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:26 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you get replies to your email to Midfifty

I am curious about this as it is the second time I have had problems with no response. Perhaps 6 months ago I sent an email with several questions about products I needed, and no response. Ultimately I did not order the stuff I wanted. Either Thursday or friday last week I put in an order, and got a response with freight charges, $1000 all up. I replied to that email with several questions I wanted clarified about what I was ordering. It is now I imagine late Monday in USA and no response. It just seems to me that if you don't answer these emails each day, do they get forgotten because of the new ones.

Just being grumpy I suppose but I finally got myself back to working on these problem areas and no response, it's discouraging. I have had 2 previous orders from them, no questions, just put in the order and they arrived in Australia about a week later. Just can't seem to get reply to questions.

Maybe I am being unfair and it did not get there for some reason, or I am just impatient.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:38 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
To day is a national holiday . They would be closed . If you sent your email Friday , they could have left for the long holiday weekend with out getting to it . Address it to Jesse , She has been great help to me .

Old 05-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Thanks for the info, have to be more patient, I think it was Jesse I replied to.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:16 PM
ulev1st
Senior User
I usually have to send 2 to get a response... but Jesse is real good about getting back to you...

Old 05-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Don, I was thinking about sending another email, but thought no I will wait. It is funny if we don't get a response to our emails straight away we wonder what is wrong. I don't know how we survived with snail mail. (And that comes from a 25 year Australia Post worker, telegram boy, postman, mail driver)

Old 05-27-2014, 08:22 AM
nassi
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Aus56
Don, I was thinking about sending another email, but thought no I will wait. It is funny if we don't get a response to our emails straight away we wonder what is wrong. I don't know how we survived with snail mail. (And that comes from a 25 year Australia Post worker, telegram boy, postman, mail driver)
Absolutely nothing wrong with Australia Post, IMO they have always been outstanding.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:49 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Good to hear from you Nassi, yeah I reckon they do pretty good too. I left about 22 years ago to try other things, but had a lot of good times there, they do a great job.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
I believe that Jesse has taken over for Sy. I spoke with Johanna 2 weeks ago when I placed an order and she said that Dianne and a few others were out of town. Personally I have found that a phone call is much better than an email...more costly but more productive. Many times when I have a complex issue I will call first and alert them to the fact that I will be following up with an email. This technique is especially helpful when I need to have them look at some photos. Midfifty is a great bunch of folks who love our trucks and work hard to provide the highest quaility parts for them. I think that they suffer a bit from growing pains but their heart is in the right place.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:33 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
I believe that Jesse has taken over for Sy. I spoke with Johanna 2 weeks ago when I placed an order and she said that Dianne and a few others were out of town. .
Two weeks ago they were wrapping up from the Supernationals.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:15 PM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 858 Likes on 457 Posts
I don't know how they set the filters on their email, but our system automatically blocks off-continent emails.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Originally Posted by CharlieLed
I believe that Jesse has taken over for Sy. I spoke with Johanna 2 weeks ago when I placed an order and she said that Dianne and a few others were out of town. Personally I have found that a phone call is much better than an email...more costly but more productive. Many times when I have a complex issue I will call first and alert them to the fact that I will be following up with an email. This technique is especially helpful when I need to have them look at some photos. Midfifty is a great bunch of folks who love our trucks and work hard to provide the highest quaility parts for them. I think that they suffer a bit from growing pains but their heart is in the right place.
I have phoned midfifty twice in the past, with not great results. I speak English, but as I found on my 2 holidays in the USA, communication could be a problem because of my Australian accent. I spoke to several people at midfifty and wasn't real sure my message had completely got through. Another problem with phone calls is timing, to call now I am at work and can't do it.

Originally Posted by EffieTrucker
I don't know how they set the filters on their email, but our system automatically blocks off-continent emails.
I would think if they blocked non USA emails they would be missing a huge potential slice of the market.

Edit: I have sent another email, no response yet.
Edit again, just got a reply to my second email, patience is indeed a virtue.

Old 11-20-2021, 07:21 AM
Larson51F1
New User
I was just there in September while visiting California. Great people to work with in person-I was the only customer. Horrible web site....needs list of help.