1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:05 PM
mdrozell55f100
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi......I am a new member today. I am a retired individual who
has acquired a 55 F100 which was owned by an uncle and I
have just gotten it out of a barn after 33 years in that spot.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, sounds like a great start! Welcome to the forum, lots of very smart, knowledgable, and experienced help here. And everybody is going to be asking for pictures right away. If you can't figure out how to post them here maybe a Photobucket account will help and provide a link to it here.
What are you planning for it?

Old 05-22-2014, 01:47 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome home, We have great members, with mechanics, body men, painters, engineers, electricians, and everything in between, oh yeah there's also plenty of guys like me that don't have any skill and just want to learn. Love to see your truck now, and watch as you bring it back to life.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:00 PM
mdrozell55f100
New User
Thanks for the welcome guys! I am glad to have found the site. Right now I am trying to just get it in a safe and operable condition, so that I might enjoy driving it a bit. I will determine how far I will restore things on it as I get better acquainted with its condition and my resources.

I will try to post some pictures sometime in the near future. It does have all the dings in fenders etc. that got there with his 18 or 19 years of use. Obviously there is much more rusted out than I'd like, but we'll just have to see where that goes. My uncle died of cancer at the age of 47 in 1980. A neighbor-friend acquired the truck from my aunt and put it in a shed in 1981. The neighbor's middle-age son says he had never seen the truck out of the spot it was stored.
I got it out last summer and acquire it back from them. As it turns out, the title was never changed so the chain of title continues from my Aunt to me.

I have posted a couple of issues I may need some input on so I am hoping to learn from some creative and knowledgeable people.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:34 PM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 845 Likes on 764 Posts
Welcome to the site. Glad you can keep the truck in the family

Old 05-22-2014, 03:50 PM
fking1
Elder User
Welcome.
You can get most any info about the 55 on this Forum.
I restored my 55 to original about 10 yrs ago.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Welcome! You'll find this place to be a great truck site but also a good people site. Glad you got the truck and found us.

Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM
abeagle
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome. I am retired and have a stock 55 F100 as well and plan on keeping it a stock driver. I like using it as a truck as work needs to be done and it has some related history to our family as well. It is great you are keeping your truck in your family. Good luck on getting it road worthy.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:01 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Could we see some pictures? Here is how.

But I got ta say becoming a supporter is the fastest and easiest way to post pics right from
your whatever pad/cell thing or home computer.
Few of us look in the users Gallery or album as you can see by your recent visitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76f350spercamprspeal

Welcome to FTE, Best Damn Forum EVER!
------------------------
Here's How to Post Pictures:
1. Login to FTE.
2.Click User CP (In the Top Left Hand Corner)
3.(On the Left, There will be a list, The 5th Option Down, will say "Pictures & Albums) Click That.
4.Then, Click Add Album, Enter a title, and description, if ya want to.
5. Click Upload Pictures, Then click Browse, Locate the Files of your truck. (You can add 3 files at a time)
5. Click Upload.
6. Add a description to the individual pictures, then click save.
7. Add more files if ya want.
8. Click The Picture you want to post, it will give you two codes at the bottom, Right Click The Second one (It say's BB Code, Then Say's [IMG]http:blahblahblah...[/IMG])
Then, Once that is highlighted, Right Click, Then Copy, Then Paste it into your post.
You can add up to 30 Images in one FTE Post.
If, Ya need any help, Don't hesitate to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_dan

You can also go to the "Garage" tab and start an album right here on FTE. After you post pictures to an album, we can look in your album, but you'll also be able to "insert a picture" by pasting in a link to the picture in your album.

It seems awkward, but whenever you "insert a picture" to one of these threads, the forum is looking for the picture somewhere on the web (which is always available) rather than from somewhere on your hard drive (which isn't always available).

Quote:
Originally Posted By Jolly Roger Joe

Welcome to FTE!

Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and sign up for a free account. Then create an album for your truck. Upload any pics you want to post on FTE to that album. Have this album open on your computer when you want to post pics on FTE.

While you're making a post on FTE, select the pic you want to post from your Photobucket album. When the large version of the pic is open, right mouse click on it and select "View Image Info". The image info will be highlighted and will look something like this:
The best photos and videos | Photobucket

Copy that highlighted info (right click / copy).

When you have the spot in your post where you want the pic to be placed, select the "Insert Image" icon at the top of the post (looks like a mountain) and paste (right click / paste) the image info you copied in the highlighted box (just shows "http://" when it opens).

Your pic will be placed in the post.

Hope that helps.

Here's a tutorial Bob put together: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/67...-pictures.html Bob's link is not working. Can someone in the know tell me why?

How to upload pictures to the FTE Forums. - YouTube. Thanks Sam Rusty_Old_F250. Best we can find is that this video was done by Gundown64