Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 PM
Freshman User

CrpssFire is starting off with a positive reputation.
Drone noise

2014 F250 6.2 and I put on the Bullydog intake setup. Love the looks of it and the added rumble but on slow acceleration it makes a pretty drastic drone. Im guessing removing the old intake with all its resonators on it is causing this. Anyone else experiencing this and figured out any solutions? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:43 AM
Junior User

GSSF17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the same experience when I put on the K and N system (I use an AEM dry filter by the way). I put a cheap throttle body spacer on and it fixed the drone sound. I was experiencing it on acceleration just like you. Just my 2 cents. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck
Old 05-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSF17 View Post
I had the same experience when I put on the K and N system (I use an AEM dry filter by the way). I put a cheap throttle body spacer on and it fixed the drone sound. I was experiencing it on acceleration just like you. Just my 2 cents. Hope you get it figured out. Good luck

Can you go into more detail about what you did with the spacer. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Junior User

I installed the Volant throttle body spacer. Prior to that, with the K and N intake, I had an annoying whistle and "hum" (which is synonymous with "drone" here) under accelleration. Installed the TB spacer and the whistle/hum went away. TB spacer cost like 34 bucks. Heck, for that $$$, I think it is worth the gamble to try for you. Can't hurt......
Old 05-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSSF17 View Post
I installed the Volant throttle body spacer. Prior to that, with the K and N intake, I had an annoying whistle and "hum" (which is synonymous with "drone" here) under accelleration. Installed the TB spacer and the whistle/hum went away. TB spacer cost like 34 bucks. Heck, for that $$$, I think it is worth the gamble to try for you. Can't hurt......
Went to Volant website and they just list one of a 2011 Raptor w/6.2. Nothing else listed for a 6.2. I would think it would be the same but can never tell with engineers. Is this what you used? Thanks.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Junior User

Sorry for the delay. I believe I got mine from summit.

here is the link, and if you scroll down it shows fitment.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vn.../applications/
Old 05-31-2014, 01:04 PM