6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Torque Pro users: NEW Gauges!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 07:30 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
Torque Pro users: NEW Gauges!

Figured I'd just start another thread, since this is more than just the Sync subject I had the other thread on.

They work! both the calculated Delta Temp "gauge" for oil vs. coolant temp and the Cam to Crank Sync. work! On top of that I found (maybe most of you already know this), is just delete the old Boost gauge and rename the "Ford Specific Boost" that is now in our Ford Extended PID set, which shows up with a gauge name of MAP, to "Boost" and use it instead. Some folks will be fine with the name MAP, to each their own, but the new one doesn't do the weird Boost to Vacuum back to Boost flip flop under full boost like the other one does.

Here ya' go:
Cam to Crank Sync:

You need to Start at the top level of the main screen and go to menu and pick Settings. From there you go to Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Hit Menu again here and then Add custom PID.

PID is: 2209cd
Long Name: Cam vs Crank Sync (pick your own if you don't like that)
Short Name: Sync
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 1.0
Scale Factor: x1
Unit Type: Sync
Equation: {A:1}
OBD Header: 7E0 (that's a zero)

That's it. Once you have added it you can go add it to your real-time display screens, logging, whatever. I chose the gauge that is On/Off (near the bottom of the list). Once Torque is connected to your ODBII device and you turn to KOEO, the dash mark in the gauge will turn to "Off" (and the gauge color red). Once you start cranking it should go to "ON" and turn green (or you've found your no-start problem ). It's always green and ON when running (as we all hope).

Now, I have yet to find or hear from someone that is able to see both Cam/Crank and have a separate FICM Sync (they all seem to be using the same PID, which means it's the same thing they are looking at). If someone can help on the FICM Sync, that would be super...

Calculated Oil Temp to Coolant Temp Delta:
Follow the above directions to the Add a Custom PID point, then:

Leave ODBII PID blank
Long Name: Delta Temp (or whatever floats your boat)
Short Name: C/O Delta (or O/C Delta, what you want to see in the gauge)
Minimum: 0.0
Maximum: 30.0
Scale factor: x1
Unit Type Deg F
Equation: (([221310]*1.8)+32)-(([05]*1.8)+32) NOTE: This is now the CORRECTED formula
leave the rest blank, select OK and choose the gauge type you want from one of your real time screens. You can log this, display it, alarm on it or you name it. It will be negative when oil temp is less than coolant and then positive when oil temp is greater than coolant (normal). Super easy to glance at and see what the delta is w/o taking attention off the road

Enjoy....

Oh yes: full disclosure: I just found these elsewhere and tested them -- I'm not smart enough to come up with this stuff on my own

Last edited by diesel_dan; 05-21-2014 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Correct formula
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-18-2014, 08:24 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll be damn....I emailed the developer a couple months ago about adding a "delta" gauge....he listened. Too cool.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Something isn't right..my eot is 107.5 ect is 104 and I'm showing a delta of -43

I've doubled checked the formula, it's as Dan has written... can someone else see if it works?

Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2014, 09:14 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Money! I found it - typo it is, and thanks for catching it... Here's the right equation (was missing a digit...)

(([221310]*1.8)+32)-(([05]*1.8)+32)

Let me know if that works for ya'...

Last edited by diesel_dan; 05-18-2014 at 09:18 PM. Reason: mistake
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-18-2014, 09:22 PM
cope1972
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Money-Pit
Something isn't right..my eot is 107.5 ect is 104 and I'm showing a delta of -43

I've doubled checked the formula, it's as Dan has written... can someone else see if it works?
How did you get yr icp and ipr gauge come up? I haven't been able to get it on mine...

Old 05-18-2014, 09:25 PM
lupuseven
YouTube Certified Mech
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Subscribed you awesome thank you.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using IB AutoGroup

Old 05-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Thanks buddy! It works now.

( you also snuck that second to last character (2) in there)

Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2014, 09:26 PM
lupuseven
YouTube Certified Mech
Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Figured I'd just start another thread, since this is more than just the Sync subject I had the other thread on.

They work! both the calculated Delta Temp "gauge" for oil vs. coolant temp and the Cam to Crank Sync. work! On top of that I found (maybe most of you already know this), is just delete the old Boost gauge and rename the "Ford Specific Boost" that is now in our Ford Extended PID set, which shows up with a gauge name of MAP, to "Boost" and use it instead. Some folks will be fine with the name MAP, to each their own, but the new one doesn't do the weird Boost to Vacuum back to Boost flip flop under full boost like the other one does.

Here ya' go:
Cam to Crank Sync:

You need to Start at the top level of the main screen and go to menu and pick Settings. From there you go to Manage extra PIDs/Sensors. Hit Menu again here and then Add custom PID.

PID is: 2209cd
Long Name: Cam vs Crank Sync (pick your own if you don't like that)
Short Name: Sync
Minimum Value: 0
Maximum Value: 1.0
Scale Factor: x1
Unit Type: Sync
Equation: {A:1}
OBD Header: 7E0 (that's a zero)

That's it. Once you have added it you can go add it to your real-time display screens, logging, whatever. I chose the gauge that is On/Off (near the bottom of the list). Once Torque is connected to your ODBII device and you turn to KOEO, the dash mark in the gauge will turn to "Off" (and the gauge color red). Once you start cranking it should go to "ON" and turn green (or you've found your no-start problem ). It's always green and ON when running (as we all hope).

Now, I have yet to find or hear from someone that is able to see both Cam/Crank and have a separate FICM Sync (they all seem to be using the same PID, which means it's the same thing they are looking at). If someone can help on the FICM Sync, that would be super...

Calculated Oil Temp to Coolant Temp Delta:
Follow the above directions to the Add a Custom PID point, then:

Leave ODBII PID blank
Long Name: Delta Temp (or whatever floats your boat)
Short Name: C/O Delta (or O/C Delta, what you want to see in the gauge)
Minimum: 0.0
Maximum: 30.0
Unit Type Deg F
Equation: (([22130]*1.8)+32)-(([05]*1.8)+3)
leave the rest blank, select OK and choose the gauge type you want from one of your real time screens. You can log this, display it, alarm on it or you name it. It will be negative when oil temp is less than coolant and then positive when oil temp is greater than coolant (normal). Super easy to glance at and see what the delta is w/o taking attention off the road

Enjoy....

Oh yes: full disclosure: I just found these elsewhere and tested them -- I'm not smart enough to come up with this stuff on my own
I'll rep ya big time when I get home next week. This is awesome thanks for sharing it with the rest of us.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using IB AutoGroup

Old 05-18-2014, 09:29 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by cope1972
How did you get yr icp and ipr gauge come up? I haven't been able to get it on mine...
Icp was originally called HPOP, I just changed the title. Ipr was probably the same deal although I can't remember what it was.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:46 AM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
I know Money -- I'm sneaky that way -- after a couple of G&Ts and coming off a road trip

But, being in Kalifornicanation, I could not post a screen shot like yours that showed just a few degrees difference between IA2 and Intake temp....

cuz, as stooopid as they are, the CARB folks love to fine (or is that find?) us...

Mine has to be like a bazillion degrees different or it throws codes and shoots flares out the back and lights up the mandatory "I am trying to get my truck to run right without your gawd awful emissions crap" neon lights flashing on all 4 sides....

But I digress....

Old 05-19-2014, 02:25 AM
cope1972
Senior User
Is there an equation or pid for hpop? I know when you select either icp or ipr I can't remember which one but it will come up as hpop. I'm trying to see if can have a gauge for all 3 hpop, ipr & icp.

Old 05-19-2014, 01:06 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by cope1972
Is there an equation or pid for hpop? I know when you select either icp or ipr I can't remember which one but it will come up as hpop. I'm trying to see if can have a gauge for all 3 hpop, ipr & icp.
I'll try to answer what I think you are looking for:
yes: ICP (long name= Injection Control Pressure) has a short name of HPOP and reads in PSI (PID = 221446)

IPR (long name = Injector Pressure Regulator Duty Cycle), has Short name of IPR
and reads in % (PID = 221434)

ICP Voltage (that's the long name) is PID 2216ad, units are Volts. I think the 1st two are in the standard set of Ford Extended PIDs for the 6.0, this last one may be by now, but here's the rest:

Short Name: ICP V
Minimum Value: 0.0
Maximum Value: 5.0
Unit Type: Volts
Equation: (((A*256)+B)*(72/10000))/100
ODB Header: Auto

Hope that's what you were looking for...

Old 05-19-2014, 01:47 PM
cope1972
Senior User
Exactly what I was looking for thank you!

Old 05-19-2014, 03:11 PM
flainn
Posting Guru
Can you explain why these syncs are important to monitor?

Old 05-19-2014, 04:48 PM
cope1972
Senior User
Originally Posted by flainn
Can you explain why these syncs are important to monitor?
In my recent experience i did hpop, icp, ipr d-plugs & stand pipe install and my truck wouldnt start i believe if i'm correct if your ficm is not synced it can also cause a no start issue.

Quick Reply: Torque Pro users: NEW Gauges!