Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > User Gallery & Picture Display Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Posting Guru

Y2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud of
WHY did FTE remove access to albums from profile?

Up until today, access to our albums was conveniently situated on the right hand side of our profile page. Those links are now suddenly gone.

I went to the sticky thread at the top of this forum, and learned how to access the albums via the left hand column under User CP, but the arrangement and display of pictures is decidedly less convenient.

For example, putting images into posts, which is the main reason for having the album, is now more cumbersome than it used to be as of yesterday, because the UBB image code option is gone.

What happened? Why the change?
Old 05-17-2014, 09:53 AM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
I will find out, I know we always do something for a reason.....honest
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 05-17-2014, 10:05 AM
Post Fiend

2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation
I noticed that as well.........?
Old 05-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Posting Guru

Y2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndStroke View Post
I noticed that as well.........?
Well, until your's and Tugly's post this morning, I thought it was only my account. For a second there I even wondered if the folks at Ford walked Tim at IB down a dark alley, twisted his wrists and said "if you don't stop members from posting pics of our publically published specifications when those specs contradict what our "2015 Team" has stated in their thread, we're going to start pulling our ads..."

Thanks for confirming that isn't just my unreasonable expectations, or my minimally enabled computer settings.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Diesel Junkie

FORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud of
noticed this also along with the garage went missing.this is not cool.
♠ Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F450) XLT 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 5:13, Dually, 16' Dump & Auto Crane ♠
♠ Chip Truck: '93 F250HD XLT 4x4 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 3.55, Dually, 9' Dump, & Plow ♠

Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Post Fiend

2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation2ndStroke has a superb reputation
I for sure liked the old way....
Old 05-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Posting Guru

Garage is gone too?

I still haven't figured out the difference between "Gallery" and "Pictures" and "Album" under the drop down menus of User CP. But the "Garage"... that was different. That was clearly discernible as a distinct type of database where users would log their modifications / improvements / repairs, and could accompany that log with images. If this Garage is indeed gone, then that would eviscerate one of the features that made FTE unique among a vast field of similar Ford truck forums.

But getting back to images... I've created two galleries, but this website says I haven't created any galleries yet. Ok, so I guess they are called "albums"? Then what is the difference between a "gallery" and an "album". These recent changes have made what was already confusing into something confounding.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Internet Brands

IB Jose has a very good reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a very good reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hi folks.

We rolled out a new gallery and somewhere along the way somebody dropped the ball and forgot about the profile links.

We're aware of the issue, we're upset about the issue, and we're working on getting that back in there ASAP.

ib automotive
Old 05-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Posting Guru

Whoa... judging by IB Jose's signature pic, they've got the entire NASA team (what's left of it anyway) working on it!
Old 05-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Internet Brands

IB Jose has a very good reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a very good reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
Whoa... judging by IB Jose's signature pic, they've got the entire NASA team (what's left of it anyway) working on it!

They were NASA's backup's to the minor league's bench

Actually they're pilots of the U2 Spy Plane: A Photo of the Most Elite Pilots on Earth Looking Incredibly Badass

ib automotive
Old 05-21-2014, 04:08 PM
Site Administrator

IB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputationIB Tim has a superb reputation
We have a number of sites down.....hang in there we will get it worked out
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

When you are down...look up...get up...and don't ever give up....
Old 05-21-2014, 07:16 PM
Posting Guru

gatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud ofgatorfor88 has much to be proud of
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
The sky is falling!
78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 358, Edelbrock performer 400 and Holley 600 carb, Erson cam. Ugly, but DAMN FORD TOUGH Speak softly and carry a large caliber. Bring them home NOW! Get out and vote or kwitchyerbitchin.
Allen
Old 05-23-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Cool

Pasting my post from another thread:

OK mods... this totally blows. Back in the good ol' days, I could click on a photo in my album, copy the code, return to the post, then paste.

Now... I have to click the photo, click to enlarge, right-click, click properties, copy the address, return to the post, click "insert photo", then paste like before. If the photo is not large enough to "enlarge", then I cannot get the code to copy... at all... anywhere... in any click. Unless I overlooked something, if I have a small image in my album (like my AE PID list) - it's now top secret (for my eyes only).

I want that ability to copy the image location and paste it in a post... or maybe I can just stick with sign language. Oh shoot... I need to post images for sign language.

Well... I hope everybody likes to read lengthy descriptions to create a mental image - unless their eyes are good enough to read the thumbnail I can post.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:41 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Movement

OK... the new Insert Image feature addresses the problems I mentioned in the previous post... and it does it quite nicely. It's not very intuitive, but reading every button on the pages will get you there. I now need to organize my albums better, because I don't have a grid to select from... just a toilet paper tube view of a line of images.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:58 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Mo betta

I see the Albums are now in my profile again... in case you thought I wasn't watching. Thank you IB... things are improving. The Insert Image feature is still unstable on IE, but I can work with it... like I do with everything else in IE.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:58 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > User Gallery & Picture Display Help