Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Paint & Bodywork SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Senior User

GaMachinist is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hood nose rust repair help

I've searched through and can't find any threads on this so I'm asking.
I have a '79 f150 and the hood has the rust line on the front nose of the hood in several places. I haven't been able to find a truly rust free hood in my searches through the jy, and I'm not willing to pay $300 for a new reproduction hood. I have more time then money so I'm willing to try and repair one first, if I can't repair it then I'll consider it.

I have welding experience, but not body working experience. I have two hoods, so I figured this wood be as good a place to start learning as any.

I have to retrieve my spare hood from storage, my dad's barn, before I can post any pics.

Has anyone removed the inner cage from a hood before? From the looks of all the hoods I've looked at that water holds in the area under the decals and rusts from the inside out so I'd like to remove it and treat the underside of the hood well.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2014, 07:32 PM
Senior User

Xauterus is starting off with a positive reputation.
A guy in the 73-79 section did it to his hood. Pulled the frame out, fixed it and put it back together. I want to do the same as I cannot find a rust free bonnet here and the repro ones are wrong fit.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Senior User

GaMachinist is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any idea the post, or was it part of a build?
Old 06-22-2014, 01:38 AM
Senior User

Xauterus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow that was a hard thread to find.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...acement-2.html

He does the roof replacement then the Hood repair later in the thread. I am definitely doing the same thing as I cant find a decent one in Australia.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:38 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork