427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
Good to hear Nick.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear Clay is taking care of you on the ring. Of course, there was never a doubt in my mind that he would. As soon as I can scrape up the money, I'm gonna order a kit from him for the engine I tore down a few weeks ago. I wonder if Clay sells sleeves?? I'll have to text one of the guys at RRE and tell them to ask him!

Old 07-20-2014, 12:04 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Glad to hear Clay is taking care of you on the ring. Of course, there was never a doubt in my mind that he would. As soon as I can scrape up the money, I'm gonna order a kit from him for the engine I tore down a few weeks ago. I wonder if Clay sells sleeves?? I'll have to text one of the guys at RRE and tell them to ask him!
I had no doubt either. I was just hoping to get it together this weekend.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:54 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
I had no doubt either. I was just hoping to get it together this weekend.
I know what you mean. I hate when something like that holds up the whole project. I've run into that many times. I guess I'm getting a little more patient in my old age though.....well, not according to my wife, but I think I am

Old 07-21-2014, 01:18 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Held up seems to be part of my name lol

Old 07-21-2014, 06:32 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 394 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
I went down there but it looked like they had turned in for the night.
Every sleve I ever bought came from the machine shop installing said sleve.

One ring? Dang it...talk about a dime holding up a dollar.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:19 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Haha. Tell me about it. Oh well. I was hoping to fire it by the end of the month but I'm not so sure now. On the other hand my dad came out this weekend so maybe things worked out for the better. If I had all the pieces I probably wouldn't have spent much time with him

Old 07-30-2014, 06:29 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
A little shipment update.
I ordered gauges and a pod a little over 2 weeks ago and got a order shipped notice. I also just found out that the order just made it to usps with the ring today. Looks like I won't get it till next week. Christmas is coming

Old 07-30-2014, 07:43 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
Hate waiting on parts!

Old 08-11-2014, 06:17 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
I haven't been around the site to much lately. Mostly because I was still waiting on parts from the middle of last month and the piston ring as well. The reminder of the fact that they haven't arrived aggravated me. I have checked around a bit though. I just got a message from the post office. I can pick it up tonight. Yay. It should contain the gauges and the ring. Yay. I have made a little progress non the less on the truck though. I tunnelled the firewall and I am pretty sure it will be enough. The sd downpipe does a lot lower along the side of the trans than the 3" obs pipe. I cut the end off of a air chisel and welded a 1/2" piece of 1" round to it to stretch the firewall back enough to get through. I think it will work but I won't know till I put the heads on and figure out exactly how it runs. I also started on the e fuel but didn't get to far. I've got the brackets made up just have to mount them plumb and wire. I have a t-500 in the works but still need a turbo. Oh and while I was painting my exhaust manifolds I noticed a crack in the passenger side. Good thing I have a spare. Now I just have to get it off the head.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:40 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to hear you're making progress again Nick. And good luck with those exhaust manifold bolts!

Old 08-12-2014, 06:17 AM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like we're going parallel on our rebuild projects, Nick. let me know if any pictures from my end can help and i'll do the same the other way!

...and i can surely sympathize with your shipping slowness compaints! it'll be 2 weeks tomorrow waiting for my valve springs and other stuff :-(

Old 08-12-2014, 11:23 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Parallel. Maybe. I'm quite a bit behind though. My motor is still on the stand missing 2 pistons and the heads. Soon I hope. Although I just found out that my hired hand on the farm is going to be gone for the next week so I don't know how much time I will get.

Old 08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
I continued reassembly of the motor again. For some reason I am sure I take a bunch of pics but they don't seem to be on my phone. Idk. Pistons are all in and the bottom end is gauged and torqued

Sure looks sexy with the studs all sticking out

I also got the heads on and torqued as well but can't find the pics. Tonight I will get the rear cover and seal on and hopefully the front as well. Then the valve train and accesories

Old 08-14-2014, 03:36 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man! you're catching up to me, Nick and i didn't take the heads, covers or bottom end off/apart!

looking good!

i'm doing valve springs right now (half done last night, hopefully finishing up tonight). hit me up if you need to - or did you get your valves and springs done already, off the block. seems it'd be much easier that way. took me a while on the first cylinder, but i'm moving pretty good now.

Quick Reply: My first rebuild