1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

My 69-f100 Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 06:14 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrob69f100
Jeff i changed the oil and filter just a month or so ago so i might add a little sea foam to it and see if it helps out. You think i should just suck some up throught the pcv?

Thed im From High Point but stay near Greensboro now.
It's not a full quart. I think you can put it in as it is.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:05 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AstroTurf carpeting. I love it. Ya I can see the rat rod aspect of this build already.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:06 PM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gangstakr
I'm speechless. Don't put a cup holder in your cab, someone might try to play through.

It doesn't look bad though, what are the plans for the seat?

Old 08-25-2014, 11:32 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by arctic y block
AstroTurf carpeting. I love it. Ya I can see the rat rod aspect of this build already.
Maybe some animals will tag it as there's and dump a load on it.

So better keep the windows closed when your not in it..

Just when, I never thought anyone would ever do it, it has now been done grass turf floor covering. Interesting

I'm almost speechless
Orich

Old 08-26-2014, 04:47 AM
williamwilliam
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Umm

Old 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Jrob69f100
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arctic y block
and im just getting started!! fuzzy pink dice next ..........j/k.

Originally Posted by orich
Maybe some animals will tag it as there's and dump a load on it.

So better keep the windows closed when your not in it..

Just when, I never thought anyone would ever do it, it has now been done grass turf floor covering. Interesting

I'm almost speechless
Orich
Yea i hope no woodland creatures dump in it ill keep the windows up lol. Yeah i havent seen anyone eles do it yet so im trying to be original. Who knows might even start a trend. Just wait till you see what im going to do with the bed of the truck.

Originally Posted by blue04.5

It doesn't look bad though, what are the plans for the seat?
Thanks my friend does floors, carpert, tile work for a living so his the one that helped me. i have the original seat in it, but it does have a tear in it so i think i might just shove a small pillow in there or something of that nature and sew it up as best i can.( i saw a really nice red seat at the junk yard but i dont think it would flow with my truck)

Old 08-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Jrob69f100
Senior User
it would be cool to redo the seat and put some shaggy carpet that people would put in their vans in the 70's but im not sure on that yet.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:13 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
I've come across two unusual vehicles at the wrecking yard. Both Chevy vans. One was for a grass turf company, the outside of the van was done with turf. The other van was done like Dumb and Dumber's van, it was for a dog grooming company. I did have pictures I'll see if I can find them.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:14 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by gangstakr
I've come across two unusual vehicles at the wrecking yard. Both Chevy vans. One was for a grass turf company, the outside of the van was done with turf. The other van was done like Dumb and Dumber's van, it was for a dog grooming company. I did have pictures I'll see if I can find them.
Ha, I saw an old caddy at PnP where someone had used what looked like a hot glue gun too attach penny's all over from the side trim moulding up to the roof top.
Then one day saw this on road looked like an old Buick where someone had glued all kinds of little crap like baby shoes, beads, small plastic toys, and toy little army soldiers, along with some plastic flowers. Wondered how or if they got any tickets driving that one ugly vehicle around being a distraction to other drivers..
Orich

Old 09-09-2014, 10:49 AM
Jrob69f100
Senior User
Well the truck now has insurance and a license plate on it. Took it for its first real drive to my friends house about 30 mins away. Delivered his motor back to him since it was just sitten around here. The truck still has the hesiation around 2k to 3k rpms which is a guess since i dont have a tach for that. But once it gets over that its making good power and goes through second and third fine but once i stop accelerating in third it has a shutter to it. I can also hear the driveshift up front has a slight noise nothing really loud so gonna check the u-bolt and all that. But man do i love driving this thing no power brakes no power steering 3 on the tree. Quite a difference then my 01 cobra LOL. Its awesome i love the feel of old cars and trucks. I just think to myself how much history this thing has. I wonder what all it has done in its life not knowing the previous owner guess i will just keep wondering. So i guess im gonna add some more sea foam and keep driving it some and see if it gets any better if not ill be tearing it down to the heads here soon. Feels good to get another one of this trucks back on the road

Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 PM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check your fuel system front to back and inside out for trash. Good update.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:40 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrob69f100
Well the truck now has insurance and a license plate on it. Took it for its first real drive to my friends house about 30 mins away. Delivered his motor back to him since it was just sitten around here. The truck still has the hesiation around 2k to 3k rpms which is a guess since i dont have a tach for that. But once it gets over that its making good power and goes through second and third fine but once i stop accelerating in third it has a shutter to it. I can also hear the driveshift up front has a slight noise nothing really loud so gonna check the u-bolt and all that. But man do i love driving this thing no power brakes no power steering 3 on the tree. Quite a difference then my 01 cobra LOL. Its awesome i love the feel of old cars and trucks. I just think to myself how much history this thing has. I wonder what all it has done in its life not knowing the previous owner guess i will just keep wondering. So i guess im gonna add some more sea foam and keep driving it some and see if it gets any better if not ill be tearing it down to the heads here soon. Feels good to get another one of this trucks back on the road
Check for worn out Dizzy and Timing Chain. With a dwell meter on it when Reving the engine the dwell should not change any more than 2 degrees. With a timing light on it check the timing mark at idle and around 1500 RPM. If the timing mark bounces around the chain is shot.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:49 AM
Rasputin53
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How did you rebuild the carb? Did you use a dip, a spray or the (never worked for me) Pine-Sol bath? Your hesitation could be a vacuum leak or a clogged transition circuit in the carb, or even some weirdness in whatever that EGR looking thing is on the back of the manifold. Is that a California truck? Is it a later motor?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:49 AM
orich
Lead Driver
I missed seeing that, I'd pull that crap off as that's mostly the problem.

May be not working at all and fouled up with carbon, If not needed, I'd remove it not needed.
orich

Old 09-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Jrob69f100
Senior User
First off sorry i dont check the forum as much unless i have an update to add.

Originally Posted by blue04.5
Check your fuel system front to back and inside out for trash. Good update.
I have but i will do it again.

Originally Posted by JEFFFAFA
Check for worn out Dizzy and Timing Chain. With a dwell meter on it when Reving the engine the dwell should not change any more than 2 degrees. With a timing light on it check the timing mark at idle and around 1500 RPM. If the timing mark bounces around the chain is shot.
Dizzy is new and we set the timing when we put it on and its idles great! i will ask my step dad about the timing chain. I really think the problem is in the combustion.

Originally Posted by Rasputin53
How did you rebuild the carb? Did you use a dip, a spray or the (never worked for me) Pine-Sol bath? Your hesitation could be a vacuum leak or a clogged transition circuit in the carb, or even some weirdness in whatever that EGR looking thing is on the back of the manifold. Is that a California truck? Is it a later motor?
I put the carb in a parts cleaner over night then scrub the living crap out of it before the rebulid. I will check on the EGR. Its not a california truck that i know of. And yes the motor is from a later bronco i do belive but not 100% sure.

Originally Posted by orich
I missed seeing that, I'd pull that crap off as that's mostly the problem.

May be not working at all and fouled up with carbon, If not needed, I'd remove it not needed.
orich
I will check but i really feel that the problem is in the combustion as it did back fire every once in awhile when i was driving it and that comes from the exhaust valve right. So ill check the EGR and see but i think im going to have save up the $800 or so and go through it and build it. Guess we will see when we break it down to the heads updates will come soon i hope im ready to start cruzing in this thing!

Quick Reply: My 69-f100 Ranger