6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

a DIESEL can do THAT !!!???

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:38 PM
relayman53
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a DIESEL can do THAT !!!???

Just got my F250 6.0 back from Diesel Dynamics. Had arp studs installed, egr delete, stc & dummy plugs mod. Blue spring mod,, new oil cooler, 4"exhaust all the way back ( muffler only). SCT tuner. Drove it home on performance tune ( which is really not why i did all the mods. Wanted better towing power and a more dependable vehicle ) stayed with stock air filter. I didnt realize fully what this beast will do !!!! GOOD GRIEF !!! you floor it and it takss off !!!! Very impressive. I will put it to tow mode for my 36' 5th wheel pulls. But i sure do like the responsiveness of the performance tune. ( kid in me i guess. Well.. at 60 I now drive a FROCKET !! ( Ford rocket !!) Im still grinnin !

Old 05-02-2014, 09:17 PM
IABill
More Turbo
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

IIRC it's called Perma-grin!

Enjoy!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:27 AM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
They just don't make them like they used to, eh?!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:50 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
As you've just learned, the 6.0 is no joke...

It is a powerful monster built by Ford and International. You think you like the canned SCT tunes?

Wait till you try some custom tunes...

Matt at Gearhead
Chris of Truck Source Diesel
Eric of Innovative Diesel

Will write some tunes that put the fear of God in you. If it's not already there, lol!

Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
I can light up the tires with the SRL tune from Matt.
The 8K tow tune will do it also.

Sean

Old 05-03-2014, 11:51 AM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
If you haven't already, you should consider adding an EGT probe/gauge and make sure you have a set up to monitor some of the other vitals on your Monster! (SGII, DashBoss, Torque Pro, etc.)

Enjoy the ride

Old 05-03-2014, 12:06 PM
relayman53
Freshman User
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
If you haven't already, you should consider adding an EGT probe/gauge and make sure you have a set up to monitor some of the other vitals on your Monster! (SGII, DashBoss, Torque Pro, etc.)

Enjoy the ride
Thank you ! K did add a pyrometer and a gauge ti monitor the EGT. I guess the EGT wont really soikw until im pulling. Ill be on tow tune then. Thanks !!

Old 05-03-2014, 12:46 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 410 Likes on 272 Posts
That's great -- combined with your free(er) flowing exhaust and you should be good to go. My retired bud and his wife tow a 32' (or maybe it's 34'?) Alpinelite 5er all over the country. His '04 is pretty stock other than some minor bullet proofing -- he's run his rig across some CAT scales and said he's right at the max capacity (he's an SRW 4x4 Scab). Anyway he's had to back out of it due to EGTs on some hard climbs but being we're in CA he's also stuck with the kitty in the exhaust...

I don't know much about the SCT's, but some of them allow you to watch live data off your truck, right? (like FICM, ECT/EOT, etc..). My eyes are getting bad enough I need to step up to a tablet to run Torque on -- I can't see things on my little razr screen!

Happy trails...

Old 05-03-2014, 12:54 PM
relayman53
Freshman User
Originally Posted by diesel_dan
That's great -- combined with your free(er) flowing exhaust and you should be good to go. My retired bud and his wife tow a 32' (or maybe it's 34'?) Alpinelite 5er all over the country. His '04 is pretty stock other than some minor bullet proofing -- he's run his rig across some CAT scales and said he's right at the max capacity (he's an SRW 4x4 Scab). Anyway he's had to back out of it due to EGTs on some hard climbs but being we're in CA he's also stuck with the kitty in the exhaust...

I don't know much about the SCT's, but some of them allow you to watch live data off your truck, right? (like FICM, ECT/EOT, etc..). My eyes are getting bad enough I need to step up to a tablet to run Torque on -- I can't see things on my little razr screen!

Happy trails...
I hear you Dan. Im typing this on my razor and half the time my spelling is thumb-ed up. It felt pretty weird spending all that cash on a perfectly good running vehicle with no issues.....but its a good feeling to know the weak points are done. ( plus itl peel yer eye lids back when ya stand on it !!

Old 05-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
I can light up the tires with the SRL tune from Matt.
The 8K tow tune will do it also.
Sean

Yep bought the tunes from Matt and the SRL is an absolute beast! I was fooling around with the kids in the EX one day and did a roll on as I was in a turn. Left rubber on the road for a good 25 yards!

Old 05-03-2014, 01:07 PM
relayman53
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman
Yep bought the tunes from Matt and the SRL is an absolute beast! I was fooling around with the kids in the EX one day and did a roll on as I was in a turn. Left rubber on the road for a good 25 yards!
Are the tunes you bought THAT much better than the ones that come with the sct tuner ?

Old 05-04-2014, 10:06 PM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by relayman53
Are the tunes you bought THAT much better than the ones that come with the sct tuner ?
The tunes are a total tune package. That means they are programmed to your truck.

My experience so far is that the issue with the canned tunes are gone.

When using the cruise control with the canned tunes I experienced hard disengagement when turning it off or tapping the brakes.

The transmission shifts were way to harsh for my liking.

The canned tunes seemed a bit harsh to my liking.

The custom tunes fixed the first 2 items and seem smoother then the canned.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:46 PM
relayman53
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Restlesswildman
The tunes are a total tune package. That means they are programmed to your truck.

My experience so far is that the issue with the canned tunes are gone.

When using the cruise control with the canned tunes I experienced hard disengagement when turning it off or tapping the brakes.

The transmission shifts were way to harsh for my liking.

The canned tunes seemed a bit harsh to my liking.

The custom tunes fixed the first 2 items and seem smoother then the canned.
I noticed the "harsh" disconnect from cruise control also.