Mississippi Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Scndsin

May's Magnificent Mullberry Mayhem Muckabout Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 07:10 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 759 Likes on 541 Posts
May's Magnificent Mullberry Mayhem Muckabout Thread

So I managed to check out the damage on the 2 streets south of us as well as the College Street neighborhood off down town. Lots of damage to houses from trees falling. Really BIG trees. Particularly 2 homes that were for sale.

We only lost a 40 ft section out of a sweetgum that missed my shop. Unfortunately the weatherhead mast from my service drop to the house is bent from a flying limb and draping the wire on our metal roof. Requiring a disconnect to repair. Thing is, I can get it disconnected fairly easily for the 2-3 hour repair time... but it may take 2-3 DAYS to schedule a re-connect.

We lost power from the whole storm for a bout a half hour. That's a helluva note.

In the end though, the good thing is that locally, old Brandon got off relatively easy. At least there aren't homes that are nothing but piles of rubble or bare slabs & bodies in trees. For that I'm extremely grateful. There are plenty of homeless folk on the edge of Pearl who aren't so lucky.

Oh, and what the #@&% is up with FORTY-THREE DEGREES temperature on the FIRST DAY OF MAY????

Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ Glad to hear you came out unscathed as it were. And the current temp, Global Warming rearing it's ugly head again. If the "Global Warming" doesn't soon abate, we'll all freeze to death!

Old 05-02-2014, 01:14 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Afternoon David, Mitch, Bill and Gator

-The Great

Old 05-02-2014, 01:16 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
I have a question.... does insurance cover trees? Let me elaborate.... say your Sweetgum... how old was it? 30-40 years old? People always talk about the damage a tree does... but what about the actual tree? How many years will it take to grow another shade tree? How will it affect your property value? I think there should be some kind of restitution for your fallen tree!!!!

-THe Great

Old 05-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

This 1 & 7/8 acre yard took a hit from a tornado in Nov 92 & cleaned out nearly 30 pines, many sheared of 30-40 ft above ground, the tops and parts scattered about. Some over 4 ft across & one I know 5. St Farm used to cover removal, although we gave a way most as pulpwood. Now St Farm only covers removal if actually on the house. I understand that some folk do make claims on trees, but I think you have to pay extra for coverage & spell it out in the policy.

That old sweetgum was the site of my first treehouse when I was 6 & it was about a foot across then, foot & half now 50 years later. Crooked & hollow, no great loss.

Some of the oaks through town that survived 92', Camille & Katrina (both eyes passed within 10 miles of here at cat 1 status) just didn't make it this time.

Old 05-04-2014, 08:33 AM
clout
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major changes in my life now. My wife died in March. I did not feel comfortable driving HER minivan, as my daily driver. I traded it for an 06 FORD Ranger. So now I am a 2 Ford Truck owner. I am computer dumb so I don't Know how to post pictures or anything like that. Shorebird, If you would send me a PM, maybe you could help me out with that. The Ranger is some different than the 77 F150. It has all kinds of fancy gadjets, Like AC, Automatic Transmission, Radio that works etc.
Hope to see Y'all at Crusin The Coast again this year. Chip

Old 05-04-2014, 09:17 AM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Chip >> Sorry for your loss. I'm looking forward to CTC. If I can help in anyway, I'm on the Coast everyday. RIG >> What up DAWG. Stacy .. Hows it going up north. OUR LEADER & Thomas >> Soup is ready.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by gatormccluskey
Chip >> Sorry for your loss. I'm looking forward to CTC. If I can help in anyway, I'm on the Coast everyday. RIG >> What up DAWG. Stacy .. Hows it going up north. OUR LEADER & Thomas >> Soup is ready.
Chillin like a Villian! Trying to get this well cleaned out so's I can get back on terra firma!

Old 05-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Chip, my deepest sympathies. Nothing to say except good that you can look forward.

Hey everybody...

Steve, was gonna' try & catch up wid you... but I've LOST my da.. PHONE.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:15 PM
oldfordcoupe
More Turbo
steve all is well now that the temp. started up 88 today sun good till at least next friday wife has not had to go to here mothers in a while so i trying to get a few things done around the house. you'll stay safe

Old 05-04-2014, 05:35 PM
f1504x4driver
Proud Pirate
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your wife Chip! I have not been on in a while as my laptop took a dump. Work has kept me very busy so have not had much free time. Am now getting ready for the F100 Nationals in Pigeon Forge later this month. David and I are going to enjoy the show and as my wife likes to say, do some shopping.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by f1504x4driver
...now getting ready for the F100 Nationals in Pigeon Forge later this month. David and I are going to enjoy the show and as my wife likes to say, do some shopping.
I need a road trip...

If I can only get all my crap done before we leave.

Power to be shut off this AM... 2 hour repair... Praying I can get the power turned back on today & not 2 days from now.

Did find my phone which teleported itself into a flowerbed from inside house.

Y'all have a good one.

Old 05-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Power restored. So nice to be back from 19th century...

Old 05-08-2014, 07:27 AM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

News Item:

Police are looking for man seen leaving Forest General Hospital carrying cable cutters after freak elevator free-fall incident...

Old 05-08-2014, 03:44 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
AFternoon David, Thomas, Mitch and Chip

-The Great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: May's Magnificent Mullberry Mayhem Muckabout Thread