Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2015 F150 Discuss the 2015 Ford F150 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2014, 06:00 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
A riveting article for you...

Rivets May Determine Success of 2015 Ford F-150 - PickupTrucks.com News

Comments?
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-01-2014, 06:19 AM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
Ford is taking a huge risk on this new truck. The F-150 is their best seller. It is the best selling vehicle in the world. It has been the best selling vehicle for a few decades.

Generally, when something new is introduced into the vehicle line, it is done in stages. A new body, but keep the same basic frame, suspension and drive train. A new drive train, but same body/suspension.....

Suddenly, here comes a game changer. New revolutionary body, new engine, new transmission, new frame, new suspension. I hope Ford proves all of the naysayers wrong. They are basically betting the company on this new truck.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Senior User

GuyGene is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Eh, I ain't worried about this rivet stuff. My '50s era aluminum boat, man, that thing has taken a beating in lakes, swamps, rivers, and salt water! Nary a problem. Rivets still tight as Dick's hat band.

'02 Supercrew, 5.4 Two WD
Old 05-04-2014, 12:45 AM
Elder User

CuNmUdF250 has a good reputation on FTE.CuNmUdF250 has a good reputation on FTE.
I just can`t believe they`re "gambling", I`m sure they have it figured out.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:25 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuNmUdF250 View Post
I just can`t believe they`re "gambling", I`m sure they have it figured out.
Ford isn't gambling at all. The media is playing like a fiddle.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
Every new model is a "gamble". To me, this isn't as risky as the "gamble" they made on the ecoboost, and that's turning out great for them. Sales are strong, consumer sentiment is strong.

Making no significant changes to a truck for too long is a much bigger gamble in my mind. This is the most competitive segment in the auto industry, standing still is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 05-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Senior User

GuyGene is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yep, I say in a couple years, GM, Ram will be trying to make aluminum bodies.

'02 Supercrew, 5.4 Two WD
Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyGene View Post
Yep, I say in a couple years, GM, Ram will be trying to make aluminum bodies.
GM and Ram are already lighter than the f-150 by nearly the same amount of weight that Ford removing from the truck. Ford is smart because the frame is still strong on the 2015's and the use of aluminum will be our future anyway.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 05-05-2014, 06:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2015 F150