Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2014, 09:02 PM
tractorman

tractormanbill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.tractormanbill is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Re-wiring with EZ wire kit on my 52

Using a 21 circuit EZ wiring kit and I am in the finishing stages of re-wiring my 52 complete with AC with trinary switch, electric fan & relay, electric fuel pump radio, turn signals, etc.
I am keeping the 6 volt dash gages with a voltage converter.

I didn't like the rear wiring running on the floor so I came out the firewall, down and inside the frame to get to the rear.

I am pretty good at automotive electrical and wiring but would never have finished a re-wire without the kit with all the additional items that were original on the truck.

It is a little daunting when you first start but by taking the sections and going one wire at a time it will come around.

Their tech help could not be better. When you call you talk to the man that makes the units and he knows every wire, it's color and where it goes off of the top of his head.

Will keep you informed.
TractormanBill
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
I use the same harness in my truck. I installed it several years ago and haven't had any issues with it at all.

The biggest tip I can make is to not cut any wire or make any termination until you are absolutely satisfied with the routing of it. On my truck I ended up routing the wires several different ways until I was satisfied with the layout (I'm glad I didn't make the final cuts/terminations until the very end)

Good luck, you'll be on the road in no time at all
Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Elder User

smallello has a very good reputation on FTE.smallello has a very good reputation on FTE.smallello has a very good reputation on FTE.
I used the same one on my truck.

I took my time with it, didn't rush any part of it and it went pretty smooth.

I am very happy with it overall.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:09 AM
New User

geoffthepilot is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did the same to my truck. only I used the cheaper off brand. saved a few dollars. total mistake. it was such a head ache. It worked out in the end but took way more time than it could have. I recommend to all that are doing this to not cheap out on the wiring kit.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Posting Guru

49willard has a very good reputation on FTE.49willard has a very good reputation on FTE.49willard has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bill,
I had a similar experience with EZ wiring in my 49. I also kept the stock gauges. I chose to hide a lot of my wiring so I came into the engine bay down low on the drivers side by the cab corner.

49 F-1 Jag IFS, 3.70 9" rear, 383 stroked sbc, 700R4 AOD
Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Elder User

Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.Rimrock F1 has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks for the info Bill. I have been looking at different options for wiring and appreciate hearing others experiences.
2013 Taurus (Ginger)
Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49willard View Post
Bill,
I had a similar experience with EZ wiring in my 49. I also kept the stock gauges. I chose to hide a lot of my wiring so I came into the engine bay down low on the drivers side by the cab corner.
I wanted to keep the firewall clean too. I brought my wires out down low on the passenger side.

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 PM