6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

What kind of 5er/TT/trailer do you pull with your 6.7?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:57 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang!!! That is a LOT of paint Rodney!!!! How many gallons???? Lookin' good!

-----

Nothing wrong with Chebbies... I've had a Z71 and other than eating fuel pumps was a good truck...

Old 01-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Unfortunately no. Only the real Ford tape would be the right colors and I'm not sure if it will come in long enough strips since I don't have the factory two tone wheel well moldings. I'm actually calling my body guy tomorrow to discuss options or maybe cancel the deal. Hope he has an idea. If I just had him paint the lower color with no tape there would be a thickness difference and the whole area would have to be re-clear coated to smooth it out. That would be cost prohibitive I'm guessing...

Rodney,
Since you've got a short wheelbase, have you thought about ordering a kit for a CCLB truck then cut the pieces down as needed? Front doors will be correct, rear door cutoffs should work for front fenders, only guess would be if the pieces from the rear wheelwells back would be enough.............

Old 01-27-2015, 07:15 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Rodney,
Since you've got a short wheelbase, have you thought about ordering a kit for a CCLB truck then cut the pieces down as needed? Front doors will be correct, rear door cutoffs should work for front fenders, only guess would be if the pieces from the rear wheelwells back would be enough.............
Or I could order for a DRW. Will mention this too tomorrow. Thanks for the thoughts!

Old 01-27-2015, 07:16 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Dang!!! That is a LOT of paint Rodney!!!! How many gallons???? Lookin' good!

-----

Nothing wrong with Chebbies... I've had a Z71 and other than eating fuel pumps was a good truck...

I know it right? I have no idea how many gallons but doing it from the get go is really the way to go. This, to be done after the fact, would cost three times as much.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:45 AM
Glittle
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rodney,

Your XLR is looking good! It's really nice of XLR to be so sharing with you during your build process.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:52 AM
System
Prolocutor
Thanks much! I was told by my dealer that this was unusual of the very busy plant manager to take the time to do this for someone. He must have taken a liking to my unique build. I bumped into him on the FR forums where he voluntarily visits from time to time to help people out. Guess I must have been nice for once and look what it got me...

Old 01-28-2015, 06:55 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtncrash1
That Z71 is the reason I have the new PSD. I was only getting 6mpg pulling the man cave and, living in motels is the reason for the man cave. A win win.
Most any pickup truck has plenty of power and transmission to pull a camper. The 6.7 will certainly do it easier and with less fuel than that Z71 truck.

More importantly though, your SD will tow that camper with significantly less sway/wiggle/white knuckle. When you pull it for the first time I'd really like to get your comparison, the ford chassis mainly is where I feel the most difference from other trucks. The power is great but I want to hear what you think of the stability.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:33 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 6,969 Likes on 2,190 Posts
Rodney, that's going to be one sweet looking rig. The SILVER really makes it So happy for you and the Mrs!

Old 01-28-2015, 08:39 AM
System
Prolocutor
Thank you sir...

Old 01-28-2015, 08:54 PM
Mtncrash1
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Most any pickup truck has plenty of power and transmission to pull a camper. The 6.7 will certainly do it easier and with less fuel than that Z71 truck.

More importantly though, your SD will tow that camper with significantly less sway/wiggle/white knuckle. When you pull it for the first time I'd really like to get your comparison, the ford chassis mainly is where I feel the most difference from other trucks. The power is great but I want to hear what you think of the stability.
The z71 pulled it just fine. Just wouldn't pass a gas station. I'm hoping in the next week or two that I am working someplace that has open camp grounds. If so I will let you know how it goes.

Old 01-29-2015, 04:56 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtncrash1
The z71 pulled it just fine. Just wouldn't pass a gas station. I'm hoping in the next week or two that I am working someplace that has open camp grounds. If so I will let you know how it goes.

I try to stay at KOA's or good sam campgrounds. Those usually have good wifi.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:06 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
Same here. There's only been 2 Koa places that have been bad, Louisville and the one just north of savannah. All the others I've stayed at have been either great or good enough.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:08 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Same here. There's only been 2 Koa places that have been bad, Louisville and the one just north of savannah. All the others I've stayed at have been either great or good enough.

Add Virgina Beach KOA as a non starter. internet ok but too small to hardly get parked with anything more than a pop up.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:15 AM
Mtncrash1
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
They are usually pretty nice but in the north they only have so many year round sites for long term. I can be on a job anywhere from a couple of weeks to a year or better. I'll be off all next week and as long as I am headed where they told me I will have all that time to find one.

Old 01-29-2015, 02:15 PM
System
Prolocutor
Back from paint shop for awnings etc. to be installed and final prep...

Quick Reply: What kind of 5er/TT/trailer do you pull with your 6.7?