Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Paint & Bodywork SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Aftermarket sheetmetal

I am going to have to put bed sides on my 97 HDF250. It is the short bed with Dual tanks.

Ford Obsoleted them and I can't find any dealers with them in stock. SO it looks like aftermarket is my only route.

LMC, NPD and Rock Auto all show sides but all price differently. I am just wondering if anyone has used any of their stuff and compared the quality between them. LMC is the cheapest by almost $100 per side but is their quality poor compared to NPD? How about Rock Autos stuff?

NPD also lists OEM ones as well, but they are more than twice the cost and I don't know how updated their info is, if they can even get the OEM ones
Old 04-27-2014, 08:52 AM
New User

melmitts707 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I liked NPD but...

I don't have much experience with NPD truck sheet metal replacement...yet! I do have a lot of experience with NPD sheet metal on a 1969 Mustang Mach 1. I replaced floor pans, torque boxes, etc. using their parts. It was good quality and excellent fit. I do know the one LMC panel I did install seemed lighter and less sturdy that the original but it was only a 'patch panel'. Hope this helps.
Mel
Old 04-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud ofDiesel_Brad has much to be proud of
Thanks for the insite
Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Posting Guru

Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.
Brad, no experience yet, but fwiw, I'm expecting delivery in a couple of days, on wheel arch repair panels for my 95. I bought them at Auto Body Panels | Autobody Parts | Rust Repair Panels | Floor PansClassic 2 Current Fabrication . They seem to have good reviews, and the panels are made in Detroit. Decent pricing also.

I'm going to need more sheetmetal soon enough, but I figured a small purchase like this would be a cheap way to check their quality before ordering everything else.

And yes, I know I should do bedsides as opposed to patch panels.

38 gallon fuel tank install:http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13107271
Old 05-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Post Fiend

I ended up going thru NPD for bedsides. I am still on the hunt for the inner wheel well arch
Old 05-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Posting Guru

BiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
I ended up going thru NPD for bedsides. I am still on the hunt for the inner wheel well arch
I think i got my inners from that crappy Lmc i dont like speaking of, but they were really stout, and i cut the drain holes in mine and blasted and coated em in por

They worked for me and were a worlds cheaper than the ford oem ones npd has, i cant imagine what the difference would be, since they are both ribber and contoured which gives it the strength id imagine, They were not flimsy at all
315/75/16 BFG MT KM2
Built Not Bought
Old 05-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Posting Guru

Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.Bob Gervais has a great reputation on FTE.
Got my wheel arch panels today. Sticker on the back says made in Taiwan, which I was trying to avoid. Oh well, for $50 they'll do.

Fit seems decent, and they're 18ga.

38 gallon fuel tank install:http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post13107271
Old 05-22-2014, 04:53 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gervais View Post
Got my wheel arch panels today. Sticker on the back says made in Taiwan, which I was trying to avoid. Oh well, for $50 they'll do.

Fit seems decent, and they're 18ga.
Yeah, I kinda figured they were not made in the US .

MATT, yeah LMC has them but I will be damed to pay $50 each then ALSO have to pay $20 per arch support for an oversize fee. COMPLETE BS

NDP lists them, but no longer carries them
Old 05-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Posting Guru

BiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant futureBiGGreen350 has a brilliant future
Quote:

MATT, yeah LMC has them but I will be damed to pay $50 each then ALSO have to pay $20 per arch support for an oversize fee. COMPLETE BS

Yeah I know I hate that place lol

I think when i was looking for them NPD only had ford ones that were like 200+ a piece
315/75/16 BFG MT KM2
Built Not Bought
Old 05-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:

For the price, I assumed they were overseas too. I was happy to see that they're 18ga though.

Didn't you have a rust free shortbed in your parts arsenal? I remember talking to you about buying it.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:43 AM
Post Fiend

I had one. But one side was already changed(from accident) and it was installed incorrectly. It would of needed to come off and get reinstalled. The other side needed at least 5 hours worth of body work.

Then I would to need to sandblast the under side, POR15 then tractor paint. Also, I would need to do a spray in berliner as well. SO I sold it 2 years ago

I will have a lot less into my original bed just putting sides on and know what it is
Old 05-23-2014, 07:58 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
I had one. But one side was already changed(from accident) and it was installed incorrectly. It would of needed to come off and get reinstalled. The other side needed at least 5 hours worth of body work.

Then I would to need to sandblast the under side, POR15 then tractor paint. Also, I would need to do a spray in berliner as well. SO I sold it 2 years ago

I will have a lot less into my original bed just putting sides on and know what it is
Gotcha. Looking forward to seeing the final outcome.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Post Fiend

Ended up going with jeffs Bronco Graveyard for the inner wheel well arches. $5 a piece cheaper than LMC, NO $20 EACH oversize fee and freight was about $24 total
Old 06-04-2014, 08:19 AM
New User

melmitts707 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am going to check out the arch panels from LMC for my 96 F150 next week...
Advantage -- I will just drive over to their warehouse and look. No oversize charge
Mel
Old 06-04-2014, 08:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Paint & Bodywork