1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post

Old 09-17-2014, 05:19 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
Doc - Our prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure you know a number of the FTE family are ready to help in any way we can. No one wants to bug you but please know we are here for you all just say the word. Things will work out for the best.
DITTO! .

Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc
Bob already knows this, but I want everybody else to know that I would be there if I could. But a major illness with a family member has really changed our lives lately. My wife and kids need me pretty badly right now. That's the reason I have been so quiet on here lately. I kind of feel responsible for these crazy get-togethers since it was my crazy idea back in 2012. I hope you guys have a blast. Take plenty of pictures. NOW I know why I decided go take a break from hosting another Truckstock this year. It would be a disaster right now considering my family's situation.

BTW, you guys are putting too much thought into the live video feed idea. Any good smartphone can easily do a video chat with programs like google chat/hangout, face time, etc.

Doc, you've got a great family so I'm sorry to hear of this. You'll be missed. Take care of those girls and let us know if there's anything we can do. Hope to see you the next time around.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
You and me!!

Don't worry about the garage door edges, we have dents and dings in the pole building from years of abuse. I'll have my wife gather up all the chickens just to be safe. If you happen to hit a cow, well, that might be a problem

Time is getting close and the weather is looking iffy, I just hope they dopes are as accurate as they usually are and we have great weather. The forecast has changed three times since Sunday so let's cross our fingers.

Add me to the list of those needing a break from work!

I'll be heading up mid-day on Friday. I'm looking forward to seeing some veteran FTE Truckfest/Truckstockers and meeting some new ones! My wife will be joining us on Saturday so PLEASE do not tell her about anything from previous events or my secret desire to have more trucks!

Old 09-17-2014, 08:38 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 49f3dls
I am not going to make it, the back is just not cooperating. On top of that I may have the F3 sold. Will find out for sure Monday.
Bob, the work you and Michelle have put in pay off ten fold with a very successful great time for all. Hope you all have a ball - I envy all of you. Have fun
Dave S

Bummer Dave! I hope you get to feeling better. Are you getting out of the truck business or just getting ready to splurge on a high buck Chip Foose inspired restomod?

You know that one of these days you need to return to Normal if you know what I mean!

Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rob. Pretty much out of the trucks. I've lost a lot of feeling in my right leg due to the arthritis in my back and just don't feel safe going from gas to brake in the F3. Maybe if I had an automatic. I could left foot it and would feel better about it but even that would be questionable. I may try again but extend the cab so it's not so cramped.
I may be back to Normal for a football game if so I'll get a hold of you.
Have a great time at Bob's -- we expect a lot of pics to be posted.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:04 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Doc and Dave, my prayers are with you and yours. I spent last weekend with a bunch of Mustang guys. Many were there but a few key people could not be there because of family obligations. We sat around talking about priorities and whats important. While our cars/trucks are very important to us, our family, our health is so much more important. You will be missed but there will be future gatherings to be part of.

On a different note: Is there anyone going to Bob's staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites? I got here today and been enjoying the free fresh cookies and the pool. See you all soon!

Old 09-18-2014, 08:10 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Rojak
My wife will be joining us on Saturday so PLEASE do not tell her about anything from previous events or my secret desire to have more trucks!
What is it worth to you? lol

Old 09-19-2014, 06:10 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
6 am, got up about an hour ago. I couldn't sleep a few last minute things that have to done. Duane, Forty-niner, and Craig Hahn, Dmptrkr, came over to lend a hand. I really appreciate that, thanks guys. Well, off to do those last minute things.

See you guys, and gals, soon. Be safe on on your way up/down/over here.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:33 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Hope all of you have safe travels. We know you will have a great time as Wisc is beautiful this time of year and your host are really great people!!! Bob, Miss Michele have fun -don't sweat the small stuff - enjoy the weekend. Wish we were there. Dave & Bobbi

Old 09-19-2014, 07:42 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Have a great week-end and be sure to post up some pictures so that we can live vicariously through the group. Doc- sorry to hear about the health issues in your family. I hope and pray it all turns out well.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
6 am, got up about an hour ago. I couldn't sleep a few last minute things that have to done. Duane, Forty-niner, and Craig Hahn, Dmptrkr, came over to lend a hand. I really appreciate that, thanks guys. Well, off to do those last minute things.

See you guys, and gals, soon. Be safe on on your way up/down/over here.
I'll be headed out for the Great White North (at least what us Flatlanders think it is...) soon. I hope to hit a cheese stand ASAP after I cross the border. See y'all this evening!

Old 09-19-2014, 02:31 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Hope all goes well . I am sorry I am missing this one .

Old 09-19-2014, 11:43 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Here's the first installment of pictures. These aren't great and hopefully some other attendees will post better:

Stu, Truckdog, with a couple of my neighbor around the fire ring

Craig, Dmptrkr, Ty, Teardropty and Duane, Forty-niner.

Lizzie the farm dog had the important job of greeting everyone and making sure they were OK.

Nichole, of Jeff and Nichole fame, crossed an item off of her bucket list, she got to milk a cow.

Today was a great day. Thanks again to Duane and Craig and a big thanks to my wife Michelle, she's worked her butt off getting the place ready and making a great meal for us all.

Sorry about the poor quality of pictures and not getting more FTE members into them but I tried to snap pictures when I got a chance. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 755 Likes on 369 Posts
Great start to pictures. Keep them coming. I wish I could have joined you.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:41 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
These are great pics. I'm sure all are going to have a ball and take home some lasting memories. Have fun. Wish we were there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post