1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post

Old 09-14-2014, 03:21 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am not going to make it, the back is just not cooperating. On top of that I may have the F3 sold. Will find out for sure Monday.
Bob, the work you and Michelle have put in pay off ten fold with a very successful great time for all. Hope you all have a ball - I envy all of you. Have fun
Dave S

Old 09-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
I'll see you all there too. Hope the weather cooperates. I too appreciate the work Bob and Michelle are putting into the get together. Stu
Stu, when are you going up? Will Truckdog be making the trip!

Old 09-14-2014, 10:08 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 258 Likes on 213 Posts
Going up Friday morning. Solo. The truck dog is getting along in years, so she only travels when there's no alternative. Stu

Old 09-15-2014, 05:21 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
I have a set of well used (read dented, rusty repairable) steel rear truck fenders for a 48-50 truck for cheap. Anyone looking for a set? If so I can throw them in the back and bring them to Bobs.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:34 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,768 Likes on 1,817 Posts
I sure wish I could make it.
I had been contemplating making the trip, but, in the end I just can't do it. I got to calculating how much fuel I'd need to make a couple thousand + round trip and the sticker shock about killed me

I hope all of you have a great time
Bobby

Old 09-15-2014, 08:06 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,051 Likes on 802 Posts
Dave, sorry to hear you're not going to make it. I don't blame you though, hate to have you take that drive and feel crappy all weekend because of it.

Joe, no SpongeBob this year. Gary's keeping them at home with him, he's not feeling up for the ride either. Both of you guys take care of yourselves.

Over the weekend did a little more around the house including washing the outside. Just me, a big brush, ladder and a 5 gallon bucket of soapy bleach water. It was amazing how the house came to life.

Also, the F-2 didn't want to run. A few weeks ago the battery went dead while at the store, the brake lights stayed on, bad switch. I had Andy come and jump start me with his '13 F-150 and right after that it started to run like crap. I had to have him come back and pick me up with the trailer. With trying to get everything ready and the long hours working I haven't been able to check the problem. Last night I finally got a chance to check out both the F-2 and panel truck and got them running with Andy's help and a few of his buddies. It was a fun time with the four guys (one isn't shown).

Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,340 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
I sure wish I could make it.
I had been contemplating making the trip, but, in the end I just can't do it. I got to calculating how much fuel I'd need to make a couple thousand + round trip and the sticker shock about killed me
I hope all of you have a great time
Bobby
I hear you, mine would be likely double if not more but I know I`m missing the trip of my life time.
Hope everyone going has an enjoyable time and also a safe, trouble free trip.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:53 AM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Hey Bob, I was wondering you ever got any further with the idea you had of a podcast/skype type of thing? I was at a Mustang event last weekend and they shot a short podcast type video and posted within the hour. It was cool. I am no way trying to add more to your plate, just wondering if you had given it more thought. Regardless, I will be up your on Friday, if you need any help Friday during the day, just let me know.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:57 AM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Rojak
Ty, please be careful around any of Bob's buildings! You don't want to leave your mark again. LOL...
Man, you hit one guy's garage with your truck and you are marked for life! At least I didn't mark up my spongebob's when I did that. LOL Looking forwarded to seeing all the FTErs this weekend. Lord knows I need a break from work.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:14 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Originally Posted by teardropty
Man, you hit one guy's garage with your truck and you are marked for life! At least I didn't mark up my spongebob's when I did that. LOL Looking forwarded to seeing all the FTErs this weekend. Lord knows I need a break from work.
You and me!!

Don't worry about the garage door edges, we have dents and dings in the pole building from years of abuse. I'll have my wife gather up all the chickens just to be safe. If you happen to hit a cow, well, that might be a problem

Time is getting close and the weather is looking iffy, I just hope they dopes are as accurate as they usually are and we have great weather. The forecast has changed three times since Sunday so let's cross our fingers.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:40 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Ty,

I forgot to answer your original question. No, I have figured out a way to use Skype or what it exactly is. I think we'll just have to settle for posting pictures here just to make everyone else jealous.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:14 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 604 Likes on 376 Posts
I think what Ty is describing is just a video that got loaded to Photobucket or Picasa, like we did at previous TS's. Skype is live.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:23 PM
teardropty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
I think what Ty is describing is just a video that got loaded to Photobucket or Picasa, like we did at previous TS's. Skype is live.
Yeah, what they did was technically posting it to Photobucket as a video. It was "interactive" in that everyone went around with the video and introduced themselves to the internet world.

No worries, we'll have fun regardless and those not present will have to live through the photos.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 124 Likes on 54 Posts
Bob already knows this, but I want everybody else to know that I would be there if I could. But a major illness with a family member has really changed our lives lately. My wife and kids need me pretty badly right now. That's the reason I have been so quiet on here lately. I kind of feel responsible for these crazy get-togethers since it was my crazy idea back in 2012. I hope you guys have a blast. Take plenty of pictures. NOW I know why I decided go take a break from hosting another Truckstock this year. It would be a disaster right now considering my family's situation.

BTW, you guys are putting too much thought into the live video feed idea. Any good smartphone can easily do a video chat with programs like google chat/hangout, face time, etc.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:14 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doc - Our prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure you know a number of the FTE family are ready to help in any way we can. No one wants to bug you but please know we are here for you all just say the word. Things will work out for the best.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Upper Midwest Truckfest 2014 2nd post