1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

OT: Fast and Loud show fake? OMG I'm crushed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Moe Craig
Cargo Master

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
A family friend of ours was on a Toy collecting show and their were there all day about 9hrs and her family was on TV for about 15min. Last night I think I saw the dumbest show called "Rebel Road"

Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
From what I have gathered, on American Picker, the picks have all been previously arranged the items selected ID'd and prices settled before Frank and Mike arrive. The van is driven to the site by a crewman, F&M fly in in a private jet and are driven to the site in a limo.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:13 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AXracer
From what I have gathered, on American Picker, the picks have all been previously arranged the items selected ID'd and prices settled before Frank and Mike arrive. The van is driven to the site by a crewman, F&M fly in in a private jet and are driven to the site in a limo.
And Danny, or whatever her name is, never really called or even spoke to the guy. It was arranged eight months in advance and rescheduled twice. They just happened to be in the neighborhood - only the driveway is literally TEN MILES long. And the $2000 Vespa that they haggled down to $1200 - it actually did sell. For the original asking price of $2000.00.

Anyway, Reality Rides shows a few nuts/bolts. Also, All Girls Garage does a fair job of nut/bolt action. Let's hope that they stick to it.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
Originally Posted by The Horvaths

And Danny, or whatever her name is, never really called or even spoke to the guy.
Sorry my fault.....Danielle was on the phone with ME and was unavailable.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:28 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Wayne Waldrep
Sorry my fault.....Danielle was on the phone with ME and was unavailable.
So! THAT's where she got all of those tatoos!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 PM
NapaRick
Freshman User
The thing with "reality shows" is the people and business may start off legitimate but the show has to be interesting, which most businesses are not, and at $20,000 +/- per person per episode, why bother with the hand-to-mouth business? The show becomes the business. There was an episode on one of the restoration shows in which an old Lambretta scooter was restored. Having restored old scooters all my life I noticed some inconsistencies in the before and after product. I got it from a very reliable source that the producers contacted a well known scooter shop and rented two scooters - a recently restored bike and one that needed restoration. The show used the two as a before and after! The people who supposedly restored it never even laid a finger on it!

Another show that cracks me up is the Amish Mafia. My friend, who is not the brightest tool in the shed, believes it is real and is friends with the characters on Facebook. HELLO, if they were Amish they probably wouldn't be on Facebook!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:57 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by NapaRick

Another show that cracks me up is the Amish Mafia. My friend, who is not the brightest tool in the shed, believes it is real and is friends with the characters on Facebook. HELLO, if they were Amish they probably wouldn't be on Facebook!
I think your rite, a true member of the Amish Church wouldn't have a computer much less be on Facebook, from what I understand they don't have electricity in there homes . The Mennonites do, but not the Amish.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:03 AM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by underthebridgejim
I think your rite, a true member of the Amish Church wouldn't have a computer much less be on Facebook, from what I understand they don't have electricity in there homes . The Mennonites do, but not the Amish.
I dont knw how anybody can believe that show is real. If youve ever talked to anyone that was amish, you would know they are very simple and nice people. The thing that gets me about the show is that theyll be talking to one of the characters that will be saying that amish people are NEVER alowed to do something, and the very next scene is them doing that exact thing.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:36 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by The Horvaths
So! THAT's where she got all of those tatoos!
I've always wondered what the rest of those tattoos look like....

Old 04-30-2014, 09:16 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Dannielle is/was a local burlesque troupe performer that was originally hired as eye candy on the show.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:41 PM
pintoplumber
Fleet Mechanic
Received 554 Likes on 266 Posts
I watch Amish Mafia because it's local for us. Every couple of weeks one of the characters is in the paper for doing something wrong. Lebanon Levi gets good press. He does fundraisers for local libraries. You can buy protected by Lebanon Levi bumper stickers. Dennis

Old 04-30-2014, 10:03 PM
The Horvaths
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by pintoplumber
I watch Amish Mafia because it's local for us. Every couple of weeks one of the characters is in the paper for doing something wrong. Lebanon Levi gets good press. He does fundraisers for local libraries. You can buy protected by Lebanon Levi bumper stickers. Dennis
We convinced our local "Central Market" store to carry Setzer's sweet Lebanon bologna. The regular is good but the sweet is fantastic. Reminds me of childhood days visiting in PA. Mmmmm mm mmm

Old 05-01-2014, 02:23 PM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
Originally Posted by AXracer
Dannielle is/was a local burlesque troupe performer that was originally hired as eye candy on the show.
Man if she's suppose to be eye candy, IMHO, you'd have to really desperate for candy. She really grosses me out.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:14 PM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2
Man if she's suppose to be eye candy, IMHO, you'd have to really desperate for candy. She really grosses me out.
Guess I'm a desperate man...

Old 05-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Gicknordon
Fleet Mechanic
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by bobj49f2

Different strokes...

Quick Reply: OT: Fast and Loud show fake? OMG I'm crushed!