Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Interesting project - CC on an X-cab chassis

We are building this for a customer who wants a CC but a CCSB is still too long for his garage. He'll be building a custom alum flatbed for it.

Some of you know I've been building 7.3 trucks from wrecks and converting V10's and 6.oh's to 7.3's lately. Well, this was a little different and as such has been a fun project! I'll try to snap some pics of it parked outside next week and will definitely get some pics after its painted with new bed installed - but thought y'all might like to poke fun at it now! I think the other PSD's on the lot are...
Old 04-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Elder User

petrokiller has a good reputation on FTE.petrokiller has a good reputation on FTE.petrokiller has a good reputation on FTE.
Jason your customer needs a custom front liscense plate "SHORTY"
Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrokiller View Post
Jason your customer needs a custom front liscense plate "SHORTY"
Definitely!

Ya know, looking at this pic again - the distance from rear doors to axle is very similar to the Excursion on the 4-post lift next to it...
Old 04-26-2014, 12:50 AM
Ford With Out Tax Money

snakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to beholdsnakedoc is a splendid one to behold
Looks cool but that is one small bed
Old 04-26-2014, 06:59 AM
Elder User

Mowing Man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Jeb Jones
Jason, you got me thinking about the conversion from a v10 to a 7.3. Do the trannys bolt up or is the pattern different? I have a spare 7.3 engine in my shop right now...
1997 F350 7.3 diesel, 'Webster', SRW, 360k. Kevinified.
2002 F350 Lariat crewcab, V10, 113k miles
Old 04-26-2014, 08:25 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowing Man View Post
Jason, you got me thinking about the conversion from a v10 to a 7.3. Do the trannys bolt up or is the pattern different? I have a spare 7.3 engine in my shop right now...
Different trans and different wire harnesses (all of them). We use a wrecked donor 7.3 when we do conversions.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:57 AM
4000 rounds a min

Deluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to beholdDeluxe06 is a splendid one to behold
Jason i'm trying to PM you but your all filled up
Richard PAA#119 00F350CCDually;7.3L;ZF6,4"MBRP;DIY5"Tailpipe;Modde d Turbo 1.0 exhaust with Ported Shourd;EBPV as exhaust brake;Custom Air Intake with 6637;T500 HPOP;DPTuner-Stock,60e,80e,60t,80t,120r; 6.0 Intercooler;SBC;FRx;HRx;OCR;Bellowed Up Pipes;GlowShift Guages,Boost,EGT;AE, B.E.S.T map
Old 04-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant future
xmdxredeem3r
The only trans you can use on the 7.3 is one from a 7.3. They are unique.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 04-26-2014, 10:00 AM
The Dr. will see you now!

Christof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud ofChristof13T has much to be proud of
christof13t
Going to end up looking kinda like one of them explorers with the truck bed.
But with a shorter bed...

Neat project Brother Jason.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Chris-PAA#130
Motorbug:2000 F350 Lariat CC,LB,6x6 7.3DIT,4" Turbo-Back, IH Bellowed Uppies, RiffRaff FRx&AIH Delete, Hutch/Harpoon,6637, 05-07facelift, dual cowl induction hood, Glowshift Max Tow gauges, antique BullyDog 1 Toon chip, 10k, Air Lift on rear axle, All the hitches!
420k & counting AE Total Ford Enhanced Bundle
Old 04-26-2014, 11:13 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Uh... excuse me. {raising hand} Wouldn't it have been about the same cost to extend the garage? At least he'd have more storage to show for the expenditure.

Maybe I'm just weird.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:59 AM
still plays with trucks

bfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to beholdbfife is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE

Maybe I'm just weird.[/QUOTE]

Rich, we already know that, whats your point? LOl
Old 04-27-2014, 09:54 AM
Postmaster

Richard, I'll make some room in PM box.

Rich, 'maybe' your are weird??? That is a key part of what we love about you brother!!

Nah, making the garage bigger was not an option and even if it was 'easy' it is entirely unlikely that project would take less time/money than this one did. We did a 4wd conversion on this chassis, swapped in the engine/drivetrain, set this cab on and modified the frame and cab mounts, etc in (4) days - 90% of the time it was 1 guy working on it. Besides, that construction/framing business is for young guns - I'm tooo old and weak for that kind of work!

Like I said before, this is waaay better than working on broken junk. I could never be a 'mechanic' turning wrenches all day long trying to diagnose issues, fighting tight spots and broken/stripped bolts, etc. Most of what I'm doing now is cab off/bare frame 'restorations' like this:

Old 04-27-2014, 10:07 AM
Post Fiend

HKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant futureHKusp has a brilliant future
xmdxredeem3r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Uh... excuse me. {raising hand} Wouldn't it have been about the same cost to extend the garage? At least he'd have more storage to show for the expenditure.

Maybe I'm just weird.
I was thinking the same exact thing.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 04-27-2014, 10:10 AM
Postmaster

This one is for N.E.S.T. brother Doug Brown.

With an Excursion tank mounted in the spare tire location for his 'skyskijason' custom veggie conversion!

And a few over the top veggie conversions like this:

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...-best-yet.html
Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Post Fiend

xmdxredeem3r
Nice. I wanna close my office and come work with you.

PAA Member #3
2003 Lariat CC4X4

Cold Start thread
Old 04-27-2014, 10:11 AM