Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Motoring On: NFLD Flareside build thread

Old 04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motoring On: NFLD Flareside build thread

hi, as I've introduced before, I'm Zach from New Harbour, NFLD and trucks are a major passion for me. I like other brands and trucks to varying degrees, but the blue oval's the truck for me. well to state the obvious, this is my build thread for FTE, and will showcase any work or mods on the trucks, and some of the experiences I share with them. this spring is off to a good start mod wise, as well as for caring for the trucks. well I hope to update regularly and will definitely have several updates over the next few days, but for a start, here are the trucks:

2004 F-150 XL supercab 6.5' styleside, 4.6 auto 2WD, 84K miles - purchased october 18, 2013, in near mint condition with 79K miles for $4,500, a good solid reliable DD work truck. still almost completely stock, a bit of paint work to protect steel rims and suit personal preferences are the biggest plans for now on this one, along with maintaining her as a fairly economical, reliable DD.

1999 F-150 XLT supercab flareside, 4.6 auto 2wd, 101K miles - purchased on impulse for $4,000 in february 2011 with 98K miles - she's a project, but love these trucks and love, love, love her. still fairly stock as well, but have mods in store.

may also feature work on some other motorized toys every now and then as well. have a magnaflow muffler, an exhaust tip, and some lights waiting to be put on the '99 very soon - sending her in for work this weekend. well here's pics of both trucks, look forward to updating the thread soon.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:15 AM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
exhaust mods

well uninstalled but I figured I'd show my upcoming mods. as mentioned, a black 12'' x 3.5'' MBRP exhaust tip and a 14'' straight through magnaflow muffler replacing a 26'' stock ford muffler. sending her in for manifold replacement and to install the magnaflow this weekend. I'd love to do the work myself and do as much as I can, but don't have the proper circumstances for this so off she goes. can't wait to hear her when she's back

Old 04-25-2014, 05:00 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
well, there's the 99 dropped off at the garage for those manifolds and the magnaflow. gonna miss her but will be a huge improvement on return. will definitely post up the change in sound when I get her back, but in the meantime I'll post up some upcoming work on the 04

Old 04-29-2014, 04:16 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
did some preventative/maintenance work on the 04 today....a new left tie rod end and rear universal joint in driveshaft. neither were very far gone, but better safe than sorry and caught it there.....a big thanks to an old friend for being good enough to give his help and use his property to complete the job.

well this truck is near-mint condition but in doing todays job, I discovered her rockers are slightly rough at the very bottom. well it's no big deal now but I like to catch truck issues in their tracks ASAP. looks like I got another project before 99 returns with the big progress....if the weathers fit.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:39 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
well lastnight the 04 just died on way back from a fishing trip. after some research, leading to check accordingly, the fpdm is in very bad shape, all but guaranteed to be the problem. got it out now, but having issues tracking down a replacement. looks like she's down tomorrow, hopefully some place not open today will have it, hopefully not have to go to the stealership......will keep updated

Old 05-05-2014, 05:49 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
exactly the issue, got a better quality aftermarket replacement for much cheaper than the stealership wanted for a stock one lol.....she's even performing and idling better now, and didn't cost near expectations. big thanks to the same friend who helped with the u-joint etc, he went out of his way to help once again for free.

also got some more in-depth info on painting the 99 from dad as he stopped into the place for something else, I'll be talking to the main paint person there myself to get final info before too long, hopefully get somewhere with actually getting her painted before real long.

Old 06-14-2014, 03:17 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
been a while, things going great.

well took a break from forums a while, but back now. things a great. first of all, my 99 has her new manifolds installed, but I've cancelled installing the magnaflow for the simple reason that she sounds great and loud enough with her stock muffler. however, no photo or video as she's getting a new steering box before she returns, and I will be sending her to a buddy for a couple other jobs after that.

I do however have a couple pics, here are some tires I have for the 99. 31'' cooper discoverers, used but lots of life left. studded origonally, but I've removed all studs. just need a cleaning now as the were stored under our shed for a stretch, and maybe a little lettering paint.

and the others just a menial task pic, a load the 04 carried. 10 bags of soil and bed full of scrap wood. (I did take the chance to make fun of her as she almost bottomed out, with less weight than the 99 would barely show. wimpy truck, haha)

look forward to updating soon!!

Old 06-20-2014, 03:34 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
well, got 99 back, installed tip. she sounds great with her new manifolds, but the magnaflow ain't on yet. also just sent her to a better equipped friend for some line replacement. when she comes back, the cool stuff starts.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
lot of progress on the 99. got mudflaps on, magnaflow on, a good bit of bodywork, the stock rims painted performance graphite with black center caps (should hold the urge for new ones till I can afford them), etc. looking and sounding pretty good, but still waiting for extra work.

Old 07-07-2014, 04:04 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
Old 07-26-2014, 04:01 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
few recent pics. updates on the 10th gen: console out, bumper caps off, bug deflector off, bedliner out (forever), striping her down to cut what extra work I can before I start my full build. also the new license plate I got a while back and the old beat up junker it replaced

Old 07-31-2014, 02:25 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
half done re-doing my bumper stripes. trying to to get high off the paint fumes lol

Old 08-08-2014, 05:08 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
pictures cause I can

Old 08-09-2014, 03:59 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
tailgate off for work

Old 08-11-2014, 12:19 AM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
got the oval off the tailgate. appears to have leaked under there, glad I did. glue is much more stubborn than when I deleted my f-150 emblems. gonna have to fab up a replacement in the indented spot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motoring On: NFLD Flareside build thread