Trading Feedback Share your experiences (good or bad) with doing deals with other FTE members/sponsors

AMERICAN POWERTRAIN WAREHOUSE

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 11:56 AM
lisagoud
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMERICAN POWERTRAIN WAREHOUSE

AMERICAN POWERTRAIN WAREHOUSE rip off site. recently, I was forced to find syncro rings for 2 of my Ford zf 5 speed S542 transmissions. I did find these clowns on the google search and placed several orders with them after explaining on the orders that time was of the essence. After 2 weeks and no parts, I sent them several emails and several phone calls. The phone calls aust went to ringing telephones and the emails were never returned. Luckily, I had used Paypal as the funding source so now we are having paypal chase after them for a refund. Buyer Beware!

Old 08-08-2014, 06:30 PM
phoskins
Elder User
It pays to read up first....

I know I'm replying to an old thread, sorry, but I had to.

That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear you got ripped off. I just ordered shift forks for my '96 F-150 from them three days ago . I REALLY wish I had read this thread first!

I've read other peoples' posts on various websites, and it's a mixed bag of "never sent/received", "disappointed with what was received or time it took to receive it", "satisfied", or "pleased".

I hope they come through for me..... but I won't be holding my breath....
If I don't receive them in the next week I guess I'll be trying to dispute the charge!

I'll post a reply if I actually do (or don't) get product from them.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:30 AM
phoskins
Elder User
Ordered my shift forks on August 5th. I received them on August 14th. They are in new condition and appear to be the correct parts. I have not yet installed them. I will post more on this if they do not work for some reason.

This company doesn't post their phone number on their website (RED FLAG) and they don't answer the number listed on your confirmation. It goes to a Magic Jack voicemail. They did not return my call when I left a message. I would caution others - don't order from American Powertrain Warehouse if you expect good customer service. There is a comapny called American Powertrain that seems to have a much better reputation.

I would just say buyer beware! I won't order from them again just because they don't have any customer service.

phoskins

Old 12-21-2014, 08:35 PM
wave_crusher
New User
Originally Posted by lisagoud
AMERICAN POWERTRAIN WAREHOUSE rip off site. recently, I was forced to find syncro rings for 2 of my Ford zf 5 speed S542 transmissions. I did find these clowns on the google search and placed several orders with them after explaining on the orders that time was of the essence. After 2 weeks and no parts, I sent them several emails and several phone calls. The phone calls aust went to ringing telephones and the emails were never returned. Luckily, I had used Paypal as the funding source so now we are having paypal chase after them for a refund. Buyer Beware!
Not to raise a dead thread...but what was the phone number you had for american powertrain warehouse? I had to buy a couple parts from them for a 2002 2500hd, I didn't even think about looking up reviews for them until I needed to return something. They sent me the complete wrong rebuild kit, I needed one for a NP263hd and they sent me the NP263Xhd, my order even shows that I ordered the NP263hd kit.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Dirt racer
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered transmission parts from them in october and they never came. I payed with paypal and got my money back. I emailed and called the number many times the paypal account showed but never got anyone or any reply. I would not order from them again. I don't think the number would do you any good they don't answer their phone.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:59 AM
wave_crusher
New User
Originally Posted by Dirt racer
I ordered transmission parts from them in october and they never came. I payed with paypal and got my money back. I emailed and called the number many times the paypal account showed but never got anyone or any reply. I would not order from them again. I don't think the number would do you any good they don't answer their phone.
That's what I figured....i'll just keep blowing up their e-mail. I guess the best I can hope for is the keep them busy deleting e-mails all day lol