Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Sorry to hear that the Soffseal didn't work. I still haven't gotten any seals yet but I was planning on using them. Look forward to your luck with the Steele seals.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:04 AM
Brent

fbb1951 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought seals from LMC Truck. All of the door and window seals in one kit. The window seals were great, the door seals were too thick to allow the door to shut easily. The passenger door is close enough, but I had to grind a 1/16" off the striker/latch on the drivers door. With the striker/latch pieces adjusted all the way out, I can get both doors to latch with a firm slam. I hope in time the rubber will compress and take a set.

Always something new to deal with on this project. I've just had to remove the electric wiper conversion because the arms bind the motor and blow the fuze. Any threads on that problem?
Old 07-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Senior User

Aus56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Aus56 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When I got my 56, it came with a few bits and pieces. It had 2 door seals I had to fit. Unfortunately they were for the same door, passenger side. Fitted one up and it was great, door closes perfectly, no need to slam at all. Having read posts like this, I had heard of Midfifty hollow seal, so I bought one 2 weeks ago for my driver's door.

At first I had to slam it to shut it, but now it takes just a firm close. It will be interesting to see if it gets as good as the other door. Unfortunately the seals I got when I bought the 56 were not in a packet, so I do not know what brand they are but the one I fitted was great straight away. So someone out there makes good ones, just no one seems to know who. The Mid fifty ones seem like they will be alright, but no help to you unfortunately with your F1.
My old girl has the original look, which I do love. I would like to customise the body of my truck, but don't have the nerve to pull it apart for a significant custom rebuild. Long live the darkside and those with the courage to travel there.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:18 AM
Posting Guru

raerjim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The hollow seals from Mid Fifty work great and are easy to install.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Senior User

Holehawgg is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordf5 View Post
I just ordered the set from MACS but it will be a looooong time before I can see how they fit.
.....Roger
I also ordered a set for my 49 from Macs. They were the solid type and I am not happy with them at all. The door is held out about an 1/8 of an inch all the way around. Makes it look like the door is open. I even tried using a rachet strap to pull the door shut for 2 weeks hoping the seal would form to the door but no luck. I was looking at the soft seal set next so I will be following this thread.
Not bad for someone raised on C****s
Old 07-05-2014, 09:24 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks