rear view camera

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
firedancefarms
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear view camera

How do I get the red box off the camera when I back up? I can't see the hitch because of this red box! Thanks!

Old 04-17-2014, 07:42 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
Do we guess exactly what you're driving and the back up camera system you're using?

Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 PM
firedancefarms
New User
Wow, my first time on this forum, and I sure didn't expect such a snippy (RUDE) reply. Why don't you just ask me instead of acting so arrogant?
For someone who perhaps can help, it's a 2014 Ford Lariat 350 dually diesel and I have no idea what kind of camera they put on it.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:15 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by firedancefarms
Wow, my first time on this forum, and I sure didn't expect such a snippy (RUDE) reply. Why don't you just ask me instead of acting so arrogant?
For someone who perhaps can help, it's a 2014 Ford Lariat 350 dually diesel and I have no idea what kind of camera they put on it.
And yet had this omitted info simply been included originally rude and snippy comments could have been avoided right? It shouldn't fall upon others to prompt for pertinent info, first time user or not.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 AM
davidwjacob
Freshman User
Originally Posted by JWA
And yet had this omitted info simply been included originally rude and snippy comments could have been avoided right? It shouldn't fall upon others to prompt for pertinent info, first time user or not.

Some people need to realize that not all new users are seasoned forum veterans. some new people are learning how all this works as they are just looking for help and have no where else to turn.. I have been on many forums in the past and there is always a few people who act like their ***** don't stink, and unfortunately they throw comments out that are very uncalled for.

However there are tons of people who will go out of their way just to help you on this forum. so please don't be discouraged.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:04 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by davidwjacob

However there are tons of people who will go out of their way just to help you on this forum. so please don't be discouraged.
Ahhh so now I'm relegated to just being "some people......" huh?

Sorry to further you indignation but I'm one to immediately help someone, anyone even those who are new to whatever they're working on, assuming I know something that will be useful to them. After a few hundred of these same new threads by a very new user without enough info leads to frustration by those of us here to help.

Too many find FTE, pop in with one question then disappear, never to be seen again. Fair enough but the "seasoned forum veterans" almost always need things like year, make, model etc etc etc---ya know, the pertinent info? Looking at the OP its more than clear the info provided was severely lacking in---correct?

So yeah maybe I come across as someone whose crap don't stink but OP hasn't participated past the original issue---hardly my fault I'm sure but feel free to assume whatever is suitable. Since it was almost 40 days since this thread was active that says something too? Perhaps someone was mining threads to make observations that aren't pertinent to the OP? Indignation over something small is as unattractive as any other undesirable trait! (Can't insert smilies today---assume snickering emoticon here.)

Old 05-29-2014, 08:39 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,101 Likes on 2,163 Posts
even us "seasoned veterans" are not mind readers.
while the comment that started all this silliness could have been worded a little different like: "without knowing what year and model vehicle you are talking about we really can not help you", it still was short and to the point.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 AM
edwinhhawkins
Freshman User
Since the other guys are super busy waggling their dicks here: most of the lines/boxes in factory rear view cameras is built into the camera itself and cannot be turned off. I can't speak for sure on the 2014's but mine and the three vehicles I've owned with backup cameras all have built in guides.
Sorry not more help. Let us know if you figure something different out!

Old 09-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Don S.
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by firedancefarms
Originally Posted by davidwjacob
Some people need to realize that not all new users are seasoned forum veterans. some new people are learning how all this works as they are just looking for help and have no where else to turn.. I have been on many forums in the past and there is always a few people who act like their ***** don't stink, and unfortunately they throw comments out that are very uncalled for.

So why do you choose to wear your feelings on your sleves. Seeing this isn't your first rodeo on a forums, seeing in the past you have "Benen on many forums and there is always a few people who act like their ***** don't stink, and unfortunately they throw comments out that are very uncalled for."

There too is also new poeple who come into forums and ask vague questions and get all argumentative with forum regulars. Those are called trolls. But seeing it seems the question has been answered, I will digress to my pen1s wagging and acting like I have an abundance of testicular fortitude.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:00 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Closed before something serious happens!