Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2014, 11:10 AM
New User

sahrens2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
CEL annoyance with DPF delete

New to the site, but always appreciate reading the advice.....I have a little problem though. I just recently did the DPF/CAT delete with a 4" pipe and have an Edge Evo CTS with the DPF delete programmer. The problem is that the straight pipe does not have bungs for the sensors. However, i just plugged them in and zip tied them up out of the way. The truck started and ran fine for about 2 days. The check engine light came on and there were 5 codes on the tuner. they were all 4 of the EGT sensors and the dreaded P1000. The sensor codes were able to be deleted, but come back on about every 2 days. i know the P1000 is not a big deal and its just the drive cycle, but its been about 500 miles, and its still on there. And i know the common answer is "just keep driving", but is there any other way to get through the P1000 besides the Ford Drive Cycle instructions?? Also, do the sensors have to be in the bungs to get rid of the 4 codes?? What are they actually reading if they are? And, will the truck be able to complete the drive cycle if these sensors keep tripping codes?? Are the two problems related?? Its just an annoyance of the light coming on every other day, and the possibility of not passing inspection with the codes on there.

Any help is much appreciated!! I have been looking at upgrading to the H&S mini maxx as well. I know that will be a response for a solution, but is there anyway i can manage with the Edge and get through this......
Old 04-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Freshman User

sxrfun is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm no expert on the edge tuners...but I would think that if it needs the sensors plugged in, then it also expects readings to be within certain parameters as well. Your sensors are just plugged in and tied up and all reading the same ambient temp. So maybe the pcm thinks something's up with the out of spec readings and that's why you have a CEL.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:20 PM
New User

sahrens2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am thinking the same thing......i guess the only way to find out is to weld bungs in the pipe and get the sensors in. see what it does from there. Can deal with it for right now because it doesnt shut down the truck, just have to delete the codes and keep on truckin. any other advice on if that will let the truck complete the drive cycle so the P1000 code will leave me alone??
Old 04-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Freshman User

sxrfun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Not sure on that one...hopefully someone else will know :-).
Old 04-16-2014, 06:51 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Call the tuner company about the issue. They are the only ones that would know about their programming and how to disable the sensors.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Junior User

sailmfast is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would suggest it's a programming issue. When I bought my Spartan tune as a kit with the cat back pipe they shipped a pipe with the sensor bungs in it. I called confused about what to do. They had just re-written the program and offered to send a pipe without bungs. I kept the pipe I had and installed bungs. Wrapped the sensor wires out of the way and have never had a CEL.

Mark
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel