Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) 1994 f350

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Tlauden
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New (to me) 1994 f350

Hi all!!

Been awhile since I've been here since I never got the f350 I was looking at 6 months ago. Anyways, got a real good deal ( straight trade for a non-running m35a2) on a 1994 5spd f350 with the 7.3 banks turbo'd IDI, just shy of 200k miles. As of right now it needs a transmission which I have it just needs installed. The bed is in rough condition and will probably be replaced with a homemade steel flatbed. It will need new front fenders, as the ones now are starting the typical ford rust spots, with a backyard paint job this truck should easily do another 100k miles. Don't really plan on many performance mods, it already got a 4" turbo back straight pipe, but I'm probably going to put a single 5" stack on it. Other than all that It will just be a fun project truck. She's also going to get a Code3 MX7000 lightbar on top since I'll use it to respond to fire calls. Here is a pic, opinions and comments are welcome!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 02:49 AM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Handle the trans and all maintenance before fun stuff. If your doin a stack, get a pair of them. It's just personal preference but I think single stacks look off. On that truck if it were mine, get two 6" Aussie or miter cut stacks on it, put MB Razor wheels on it with 32 or 33 inch tires, ranch hand bumpers, tint the windows (if you live somewhere hot like I do), install silver star headlight bulbs, and protect the interior with some seat covers. This gives you a nice and usable work truck that can still shine up nice on the weekend and hit the mud every once in a while on a budget. It looks like a solid truck with potential. I personally wouldn't flat bed it. Let us know what you go with

Old 04-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Tlauden
New User
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99
Handle the trans and all maintenance before fun stuff. If your doin a stack, get a pair of them. It's just personal preference but I think single stacks look off. On that truck if it were mine, get two 6" Aussie or miter cut stacks on it, put MB Razor wheels on it with 32 or 33 inch tires, ranch hand bumpers, tint the windows (if you live somewhere hot like I do), install silver star headlight bulbs, and protect the interior with some seat covers. This gives you a nice and usable work truck that can still shine up nice on the weekend and hit the mud every once in a while on a budget. It looks like a solid truck with potential. I personally wouldn't flat bed it. Let us know what you go with
Love the suggestions! First and foremost like you said mechanical/maintenance comes first. Once the truck is running good then come the toys I like the miter cut stacks and will play around with the looks of single vs dual stacks. IMHO, Some truck can pull off the dual stacks better than others. I planed on window tint eventually. Never heard of silver star headlights but I'll do some researching on them.

Just outta curiosity why wouldn't you flatbed it? Personal preference or other reasons? The current bed has rust holes the size of quarters and is in rough shape, I figured I could build a flatbed for probably close to what a good used bed will cost.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Truck Guy99
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tlauden
Love the suggestions! First and foremost like you said mechanical/maintenance comes first. Once the truck is running good then come the toys I like the miter cut stacks and will play around with the looks of single vs dual stacks. IMHO, Some truck can pull off the dual stacks better than others. I planed on window tint eventually. Never heard of silver star headlights but I'll do some researching on them.

Just outta curiosity why wouldn't you flatbed it? Personal preference or other reasons? The current bed has rust holes the size of quarters and is in rough shape, I figured I could build a flatbed for probably close to what a good used bed will cost.
I think your truck would pull off toe chrome miter cut stacks nicely but it's your call to make.

Silver star headlights are brighter and increase visibility without being so bright they blind everybody else.

I've had a flat bed in the past. They're great for work trucks. They doubt get tore up by trailers easily and it is nice to have a flat surface to work on. The downfall of them is that EVERYTHING falls off of them. If you leave one thing ob there that isn't tied down it is gone! Even with toolboxes you will forget this on where including your dog on a sharp turn.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 AM
Tlauden
New User
Originally Posted by Truck Guy99
I've had a flat bed in the past. They're great for work trucks. They doubt get tore up by trailers easily and it is nice to have a flat surface to work on. The downfall of them is that EVERYTHING falls off of them. If you leave one thing ob there that isn't tied down it is gone! Even with toolboxes you will forget this on where including your dog on a sharp turn.
Point proven! Lol. Once it's running good and I get the current bed torn off I'll have to weigh my options what kinda bed it'll get. Thanks for the input though!

Old 05-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Tlauden
New User
Just some updates, work on the transmission is well... Going... I have no clue what is happening here, my Buddy is doing the mechanical work. I got the bed pulled today to start prepping the rear for the flatbed. Although now I need a new rear window, got a little rowdy popping the bed off and smacked the bottom of the window oh well, I thought the bed removal was to easy.... Hahaha

Tranny

Naked truck!!

Just a flesh wound