General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

response to my ad

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
response to my ad

I put my Jeep on Craigs List and I got this email response.

Parts of this message have been blocked for your safety.
Show content|I trust juanblythes@gmail.com. Always show content.

Thanks,I'm seriously interested in buying this for my Father as gift, your asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others I've seen lately,I would have loved to come check it out my self but am currently in camp as military General for new recruits. I however squeezed out time to check this posting as all personal dealings are highly restricted here, i really want this as a surprise gift for my Father so i won't let him know anything about this until it get delivered to him and due to the fact that phone calls making are restricted......i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment. If my mode of payment is accepted just send me your paypal email address,(Paypal ID) so i can pay in right away. I'll need your name, the pickup address or location and please include your PayPal email address for the payment and send me some recent pictures if available And if you don't have a PayPal account, you can easily go to www.paypal.com and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap Thanks Juan Blythe Steininger USAF

I don't really know what to say to the general. Must be tough in the Air Force when a General is not allowed to make phone calls.

LOL!

Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
I had a similar event when I was selling my '88 F-150 on CL. I simply stated that a personal visit with cash or a bank draft was required to purchase my truck.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 AM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox

Thanks,I'm seriously interested in buying this for my Father as gift, your asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others I've seen lately,I would have loved to come check it out my self but am currently in camp as military General for new recruits. I however squeezed out time to check this posting as all personal dealings are highly restricted here, i really want this as a surprise gift for my Father so i won't let him know anything about this until it get delivered to him and due to the fact that phone calls making are restricted......i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment. If my mode of payment is accepted just send me your paypal email address,(Paypal ID) so i can pay in right away. I'll need your name, the pickup address or location and please include your PayPal email address for the payment and send me some recent pictures if available And if you don't have a PayPal account, you can easily go to www.paypal.com and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap Thanks Juan Blythe Steininger USAF

I don't really know what to say to the general. Must be tough in the Air Force when a General is not allowed to make phone calls.

LOL!
Sounds like a scam, IMO.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:23 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bdox

LOL!
I'm pretty much pro-life, but the guy that responded to your add, is a prime candidate for a "late term abortion". It amazes me that someone could be that stupid, to actually think someone is that stupid...

Old 04-14-2014, 12:08 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What's scary is that a lot of people do fall for their scams, which is what keeps them out there trying.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once called about buying a Jetta TDI and the guy wanted paypal, I told him I had cash and after that he disappeared. I thought the deal seems awful good.

Old 04-14-2014, 03:48 PM
FTE Herman
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok but how does the scam go? I mean you give him your paypal address, so what?

Old 04-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Yeah, how can he scam anyone?

He may be a "general" of the recruits. That is, he's a private, with attitude.

Old 04-14-2014, 04:43 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by FTE Herman
Ok but how does the scam go? I mean you give him your paypal address, so what?
I think he was asking for the paypal account number, address, etc.. folks will do all kinds of things these days. Can't let your guard down.
He's a General alright, a "General waste of space".

Old 04-14-2014, 05:10 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RigTrash601
He's a General alright, a "General waste of space".

^^^ Funny right there ^^^^

Old 04-14-2014, 05:37 PM
cjben
Lead Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
he should be demoted to major...he's a major pain in the ***!!

Old 04-14-2014, 05:57 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Once the guy said "Your asking price is reasonable and affordable", I knew it was a scam......I mean, we're talking about Bdox here......

Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 PM
04badford
Lead Driver
To the Major Sargent General, you still need the pink slip, I wouldn't let the jeep out of your site with out knowing the money was good to go and also everything signed to release you from him or the delivery people from killing someone. wow dam spammers

Old 04-14-2014, 09:40 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 04badford
To the Major Sargent General, you still need the pink slip, I wouldn't let the jeep out of your site with out knowing the money was good to go and also everything signed to release you from him or the delivery people from killing someone. wow dam spammers
"May the Fleas of 10,000 camels, nest in his crotch...."

Old 04-15-2014, 07:45 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Apparently, he needs the Cherokee to pull the boat he is trying to "buy".

Found this on a boat forum...

""I'm seriously interested in buying this for my Father as gift, your asking price is quite reasonable and affordable considering others I've seen lately,I would have loved to come check it out my self but am currently in camp as military sere instructor for new recruits. I however squeezed out time to check this posting as all personal dealings are highly restricted here, i really want this as a surprise gift for my Father so i won't let him know anything about this until it get delivered to him and due to the fact that phone calls making are restricted......i will be paying you with my PayPal account because it's attached to my bank account and its safe and very secure way to make payment. If my mode of payment is accepted just send me your paypal email address,(Paypal ID) so i can pay in right away. I'll need your name, the pickup address or location and please include your PayPal email address for the payment and send me some recent pictures if available And if you don't have a PayPal account, you can easily go to http://www.paypal.com/ and sign up. its very easy. I await your reply asap Thanks Juan Blythe Steininger USAF""

Quick Reply: response to my ad