Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Senior User

Notmeofficer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Making progress on "son of mater"

79/73 f350
Converted to round eyes
Stumpuller new 460
Old school rat rod paint but all new underneath,, Ill probably just clear the orginal paint and faded logos.. I like that look.

Truck has 79k original miles and came from a shop in central Calfirnia. The original motor had a miss.. I suspect a burned valve
Didnt take the cab off but stripped it down and then sandblasted everything.. Painted it numerous times underneath.. right down to the drips the factory made... gloss black vs frame black
I replaced anything that was worn as I went along.. Ill reuse a part if its excellent shape otherwise why do the effort. I throw away buckets of rusted bolts on every project of mine...

I fatmatted the interior.. no rust.. ah California trucks
I pulled the air and converted it to manual heat using .250 aluminum to fill the hole
3g conversion.. if thats not enough I have a leece neville 250 amp 100% duty alternator sitting on a shelf

New front coils and kyb shocks. poly bushings
Oversize aluminum rear end cover
Killer c6 with deep pan and huge cooler(s)
New premium brakes all around,, super stops in the front.. commerical shoes in the rear.

For some reason when I took out the cluster it just disintegrated in my hands..literally plastic dust.. perfect excuse for dakota gauges

I found some ford truck fleece pattern of all the fords from the the model t to now... Im going to use it as my headliner

The wrecker body was a holmes period piece always on the truck. Other than the hydralic units needing serious seals and a new cable it was acceptable. I found a new lense for the single gumball...it was a hard find. Im going to outfit it with LED floods to replace the old school 100 w backup floods. I have made a number of changes in updating the wrecker body. I will xtrmeliner the entire inside of the bed once all the kinks are worked out and Im sure what I want in it.
Im tmepted to go 19.5... but the wheel package is 2450.00.. maybe if uncle sam says yes...

I love suggestions.. we have hot August and cool April nights up here..and hundreds of old cars come out...this truck is a sleeper.. and the first ricer that runs with it will be surprised as it smokes the duallies until it runs out of top end...but the rumble at a stop light could be mistaken for a uncared for truck... wont they be surprised when all they see will be the rear lights.. ha

I didnt include pictures but Ill get some of the way cool turn signal/brake lights attached to the uppper light bar with chrome ford logos on them

Old 04-13-2014, 01:47 AM
Senior User

Xauterus is starting off with a positive reputation.
Really nice work you are doing there.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Post Fiend

earthquake68 has a very good reputation on FTE.earthquake68 has a very good reputation on FTE.earthquake68 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Very cool!
'78 F-250 Ranger 460, C6 2WD
'79 F-200 300-6, 4 spd. 4x4 (Alice)
'79 F-150 400, C6 4x4 (Ka'Bluey)
Old 04-13-2014, 09:38 AM