Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
excursion on dallas car sharks

How to Mod alert...

April 17th on velocity...
"tommy adds a few surprises to a Ford Excursion"

Other than the Ex, it is a cross between various 'flipping' or 'storage wars' or 'shipping war' fluff..

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
That's why I don't have cable

Old 04-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
2004 w110k miles, love the red. it's 4wd with 6L
$18,500 at auction.

episode is from aug, 2013. :-(

Old 04-17-2014, 10:36 PM
tims01
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paid way to much lol

Old 04-18-2014, 02:34 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tims01
paid way to much lol
Not in Illinois at least..... 110k miles is very low on a diesel Excursion here. $20k or less and that wouldn't sit on a dealers lot for a day here.

i'm watching the episode right now

-The Great

Old 04-18-2014, 07:24 AM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Can't believe 6" lift, big new wheels and tires, custom roof rack, sold it for $28k.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
it depends on the market.

my 2002 XLT with 79k miles last year was a $18k vehicle at the going rate for dealerships. I paid $13k I think out the door for it. After the lift/tires and whatnot, I could easily sell her for $20k (82k miles). but probably only here in Hawaii. Elsewhere in the Lower 48 she's a $10-13k rig still at Dealerships

I'm trying to find the episode. I have my D-Tv setup to record so I can see what all they do

Old 04-18-2014, 12:59 PM
1 Excursion camper
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I catch this show occasionally. those guys (all of them) are idiots! if you look closely at the final result, it is junk! there might be a few they turn out that are OK, the rest are just painted/flashed up beaters.

Old 04-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Mr.Nobody
Elder User
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
That's why I don't have cable
Because you could see a highly modified Ex displayed on a talking box?

Old 04-24-2015, 08:43 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
Not to revive a completely old thread - but this episode was on last night! I watched as they (IMO) butchered a great Excursion.

Which leads me to my next thought... Do guys who are lifting these Excursions really take them trailing, rock climbing, off-roading? Or is just for looks? The Ex can't be that great off road with it's wheelbase and weight..... And what perceived value does a lift really add? Example: If I were to look at two identical Ex's (mileage, condition, engine, drivetrain etc) and 1 is lifted and on 35's and the other is stock. I would take the stock one. I mean, I know in the Jeep community people sell their lifted Jeeps for some outrageous inflated price. SO maybe that is the same with Ex's?

Old 04-24-2015, 10:17 AM
Excurvelle
Cargo Master
Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts
All of these shows take great stock cars and destroy them and say they get huge amounts of profits. The funny thing is they never count the labor in the cost, only the parts.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:54 AM
Technologiq
Elder User
While the Excursion, done right can be a capable off roading vehicle - I'd say the VAST majority of lifted Ex's you will see are for looks - a mall crawler.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:57 AM
ChadTaylor
Senior User
Originally Posted by GTFun06
Not to revive a completely old thread - but this episode was on last night! I watched as they (IMO) butchered a great Excursion.

Which leads me to my next thought... Do guys who are lifting these Excursions really take them trailing, rock climbing, off-roading? Or is just for looks? The Ex can't be that great off road with it's wheelbase and weight..... And what perceived value does a lift really add? Example: If I were to look at two identical Ex's (mileage, condition, engine, drivetrain etc) and 1 is lifted and on 35's and the other is stock. I would take the stock one. I mean, I know in the Jeep community people sell their lifted Jeeps for some outrageous inflated price. SO maybe that is the same with Ex's?

Hey GTFun06,

Originally, I wasn't looking for a lift as much as leveling the severe 3" rake the Rhino had. I hated it. After talking with folks here on the forums about how terrible the stock leafsprings were I decided to go ahead and upgrade with ATS. I figured if I was going to be updating the leafsprings I might as well get a small amount of lift so that I could fit larger tires to fill up the wheel wells. I was thinking 33's originally but 35's on 18's looked perfect to my eyes. I have zero plan on selling the Rhino so I'm not really worried about adding resale value. So, it's a bit of function but it won't ever be a trail-rig.

So I guess the short answer is the leafspring and wheel/tire changes are a combo of my confort (the ride is so much better) and enjoyment of having a cool looking truck.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:15 PM
GTFun06
Senior User
Originally Posted by Excurvelle
All of these shows take great stock cars and destroy them and say they get huge amounts of profits. The funny thing is they never count the labor in the cost, only the parts.
AND on top of that - they never really show you what they actually sold the vehicle for...it's always what they are going to ask. So it's only a 'potential' profit that they show. And yeah...like when you have 8 guys working on it for 2-3 weeks... you're $5000 profit isn't that much!

Old 04-24-2015, 12:24 PM
GTFun06
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChadTaylor
Hey GTFun06,

Originally, I wasn't looking for a lift as much as leveling the severe 3" rake the Rhino had. I hated it. After talking with folks here on the forums about how terrible the stock leafsprings were I decided to go ahead and upgrade with ATS. I figured if I was going to be updating the leafsprings I might as well get a small amount of lift so that I could fit larger tires to fill up the wheel wells. I was thinking 33's originally but 35's on 18's looked perfect to my eyes. I have zero plan on selling the Rhino so I'm not really worried about adding resale value. So, it's a bit of function but it won't ever be a trail-rig.

So I guess the short answer is the leafspring and wheel/tire changes are a combo of my confort (the ride is so much better) and enjoyment of having a cool looking truck.
I don't think of yours as "lifted".... I guess it technically is. I was thinking more of the big suspension lifts (like ProComp, SkyJacker, etc)... like you see the Jeep JK's (Wranglers) done. As they did last night on the Dallas Car Sharks. I can't seem to find a pic of it on google.... something along these lines...except they didn't put anything this nice on it...
http://image.truckinweb.com/f/featur...a_pictures.jpg

Quick Reply: excursion on dallas car sharks