Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Senior User

creator has a good reputation on FTE.creator has a good reputation on FTE.
6.0L Break-In.... The first 1-10min?????

Ok. I'm finally rebuilding my POS Blackwater engine (which I had to get a junkyard shortblock for because it was .040" over).

When I first installed the Blackwater Longblock I broke it in according to this write-up by Jay Chlebowski over at the diesel stop. This article has been linked to many times on this forum.
TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

I agree with the ideas and concepts relating to the first 1000 miles.

My big question is... What about the first 5-10 min?
Popular Mechanics recommends a few seconds at wOT in high gear within the first few min. I have read countless articles on Gas engine break-in saying you have very little time and should hit WOT in every gear within the first hour of operation or within the first 25mi.

I know there is no "ONE" way to do it. But what is the common consensus on initial new diesel engine break-in, and more specifically on the 6.0L VT365?
Old 04-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Postmaster

04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold
I would think first time start up making sure things are lubed up and running correctly at engine warm to hot then make progressive WOT, but only when thing are correct
Old 04-09-2014, 12:27 AM