Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Posting Guru

Red454sedgwick is starting off with a positive reputation.
trf sedgwick
recommended source for injectors

Did a quick search, did find anything.
I'm' looking for a good set of new or reman stock injectors and a set of upgraded to gain some pulling power.
also what is a good affordable additive so that the low sulfur fuel wont mess them up
last turbo back exhaust to help with egts
White 95 F150 xl 302, 4x4 5 speed, always gets me home
toyoda 92 corrola auto, parts runner and the only one never to quit on me
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 AM
Post Fiend

BigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud ofBigAlsPSD has much to be proud of
Try browsing Clay's site RIFFRAFF FORD DIESEL PERFORMANCE PARTS best pricing and quality stuff in my opinion you'll find, he sells New Alliant, as well as FullForce Diesel rebuilds.

Other shops for injector builds I would recommend would be Rosewood Diesel, Swamps, or Performance Injection Systems(P.I.S) There are a few others but these have good reputations. Personally I like the fullforce.

I run powerservice products, white winter bottle, and grey summer plus I add ashless 2-stroke oil for lubricity.

Alan 2000 F-350 CC SRW 4WD, DIY FRx, DIY CCK, Tyrant Tuning, BTS Trans, SpringerPop's Disabler, 6637 Filter, OCR, DIY Hutch Mod, Van Turbo w/RR 6/6 billet wheel, Foil Delete, 50Cent Mod, 4" Turbo back, other stuff...300,000 Miles and counting.Towing 2005 32' Sandpiper 5'er 2007 CC SRW 4WD 6.0 mostly stock
Member Arkansas Chapter
Old 04-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Lost in the class of AE

scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.scotttahoe has a great reputation on FTE.
How often do you add the 2-stroke oil to your tank?
Scotty and the "Grinch" E99 Ford f-250 7.3 4X4, 6" lift all springs no blocks, 6637 intake kit, 4" exhaust turbo back, 6 gauges, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, Warn premium locking hubs, F-650 dash kit, HPx, 3 trumpet air chime train horn, and more.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red454sedgwick View Post
Did a quick search, did find anything.
What search term did you use, "HPOP?"

All joking aside, there's a TON of injector info out there to be found with a search.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:48 AM
Postmaster

jetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to behold
Duncan Tuley
I can't stress this enough....go NEW. If you can't afford new wait save the money and then buy new. I wasted money on a set of remans and personally I could care less what kind of warranty they offer. I have better things to do with my time than swap out injectors.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jetdocbwi?feature=mhee
Old 04-07-2014, 05:07 AM
Junior User

2 stroke man 2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
After a series of unfortunate events with swamps, I ordered my last set through advance auto parts. They are borg Warner reman. The computer had them listed at a crazy price, but I got them around $130 each because I like to haggle like that. We put them in on Saturday. I'm anxious to see about the long haul.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Postmaster

jetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to beholdjetdoc is a splendid one to behold
Duncan Tuley
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 stroke man 2 View Post
After a series of unfortunate events with swamps, I ordered my last set through advance auto parts. They are borg Warner reman. The computer had them listed at a crazy price, but I got them around $130 each because I like to haggle like that. We put them in on Saturday. I'm anxious to see about the long haul.
. Clay sells new AC Alliants for 213 bucks.....this is what I'm trying to stress to the OP. Do the job right the first time and be done with it.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:41 AM
Junior User

2 stroke man 2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I went reman because these trucks have been rough on me this winter.

My 6.0 dropped a rod at 70k and also had to have a hpop, my 99 dually has had injectors, turbo, valve cover wiring harnesses, icp, ipr, cam sensor, glow plugs, complete new brakes, 4x4 hubs and shift motor, tires, hpop, and some other stuff. So when my 01 got sick, I did tighten the belt.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:55 AM
Postmaster

Duncan Tuley
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 stroke man 2 View Post
I went reman because these trucks have been rough on me this winter.

My 6.0 dropped a rod at 70k and also had to have a hpop, my 99 dually has had injectors, turbo, valve cover wiring harnesses, icp, ipr, cam sensor, glow plugs, complete new brakes, 4x4 hubs and shift motor, tires, hpop, and some other stuff. So when my 01 got sick, I did tighten the belt.
I feel your pain...I replaced the whole front end on mine and springs etc..When it all said and done a little over 3k....

Old 04-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Posting Guru

Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc View Post
I can't stress this enough....go NEW......... I have better things to do with my time than swap out injectors.
What he said ^
Old 04-07-2014, 11:01 AM
Posting Guru

Red454sedgwick is starting off with a positive reputation.
trf sedgwick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
What search term did you use, "HPOP?"

All joking aside, there's a TON of injector info out there to be found with a search.

Stewart
My search was only on this site, "good source for injectors"
that only brought up all the treads that mention injector
White 95 F150 xl 302, 4x4 5 speed, always gets me home
toyoda 92 corrola auto, parts runner and the only one never to quit on me
Old 04-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Posting Guru

Y2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud ofY2KW57 has much to be proud of
For those who have had problems with reman injectors, did these guys rebuild them?

If you survived and recovered from laughter, head shaking, shock, awe, good music, country boy talk (NSFW), great visuals on 7.3L injector components, and genuine fear of who is actually rebuilding the injectors you buy on some of these niche diesel speed sites, then here is part 2 of the video above:

(Caution: these videos, while on topic, do have a helping of typical "shop talk" that may not be safe for work, depending on where you work.)
Old 04-07-2014, 01:07 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc View Post
I can't stress this enough....go NEW.
That's extremely limiting. The OP might want a nice set of hybrids after all is said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red454sedgwick View Post
My search was only on this site, "good source for injectors"
that only brought up all the treads that mention injector
Not enough smilies?

I was just joshing with you.

There's a ton of injector info out there, but a person would have to weed through the ton just to get find the specific info they're looking for.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 04-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Posting Guru

Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.
Stewart.....can still have a "new" hybrid.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan V View Post
Stewart.....can still have a "new" hybrid.
That animal never existed.

Hybrids were never "made" as defined by the terms factory original (new from Alliant) vs. remanned.

I don't know it like the back of my hand, but in a nutshell, in order to make a hybrid stick, you take the plunger and barrel from a B code injector and stick it into an A code injector.

Hybrids were never available from injector manufacturers like Alliant. It's something diesel enthusiasts created.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 04-07-2014, 05:19 PM