You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
I'm looking at doing the same I've invested into a 86 6.9 diesel. Let us know what you found was the best techniques and things that work best. I got 5 55 gallon plastic drums that I'm going to use collect and make.
1. Collect WVO
2. Filter WVO to remove large chunks
3. Fill reactor w/ 37.5 gallons of oil (using 50 gallon water heater)
4. Heat to 125 and add glycerol from last batch
5. Circulate and let glycerol settle out.
6. next day - drain glycerol, recover methanol from it.
7. Test Titration Levels of WVO
8. Heat WVO to 125 F and turn off heat
9. Add Methoxide (5 gallon methanol + about a gallon recovered from prior batch) to Heated WVO slowly, about 20-30 minutes
10. Mix the mixture for about 2 hours(pump mix)
11. Let it sit
12. next day - Drain off Glycerin from the bottom of tank, save for treatment of next batch
13. Recover Methanol then dry wash with Magnesol. Let set a couple days.
14. Filter bio
15. use bio
I pretreat due to some of my oil is rather acidic. by pretreating I neutralize some of the acidity. If you have really good oil you can skip this step, might want to anyway... I just seem to get better bio this way...
__________________ Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!! 2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Welcome back Jim. I knew you wouldn't quit. I'm still plugging along. I don't recover my methanol. Pain in the butt. What is your recovery process? Maybe I am not doing it efficiently.
What happened with the methanol/KOH mixture? Did it get too hot? I notice the mix gets very violent when it is hot out. I leave plenty of ullage space when pouring in KOH and I do it in 2 steps (4gal methanol/2 lbs KOH)
I've been very busy so I don't get on this Forum much any more. I see there is a new "breed" on here now. Lots of WMO processors. I'll stick with WVO. Don't think I'll ever go with WMO. Fabman would "be all over me like a cheap suit" There are still some of us "purists" around.
Good luck with your endeavors.
93 F-250 7.3 Banks turbo, 3.5" exhaust 4" ram air K&N filter E40D 4.10. Pyro, boost, & tranny temp gauges. Tru Cool 28,000 GVW trans cooler. 100% BIO
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.