Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Offroad & 4x4
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Offroad & 4x4 SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2014, 05:10 PM
Senior User

quaallen is starting off with a positive reputation.
do i need misalignment spacers at radius arm ???

Ok got 79 f150 with superflex springs and I've extended the radius arms... Ben this way for a while.... I am soon to be putting him joints on the end of my arms.. My question is do I need misalignment spacers ??? I am trying to think how the suspension moves.. I would like to think with the bolt horizontal that I would not need spacers.. Axle goes up and downand hhimgoes around the bolt... BUT if one tire is up and the other is down wwon't the joints be moving at a slight side angle??? Anyone with experience please chime in... The stock setup (bushings) are stopping my flex.. The large washer is hitting the bracket when down trVelj g the axle... Cant be.having that ... Any who thanks for the input
Old 04-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Senior User

quaallen is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bumpppp bump bumparoo
Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
this is probably one of those questions that would be better asked in the suspension forum.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Postmaster

73 ford guy has a great reputation on FTE.73 ford guy has a great reputation on FTE.73 ford guy has a great reputation on FTE.73 ford guy has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjc transport View Post
this is probably one of those questions that would be better asked in the suspension forum.
Because everyone left and no one posts in here anymore
Old 04-08-2014, 06:54 AM
i ain't rite

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
no, because the people in the suspension section may have a clue as to what he is talking about.

and "everyone left" is not correct.
the 4 people that used this forum as their own playground refused to play by the forum rules and were banned .

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Postmaster

82F100SWB has a good reputation on FTE.82F100SWB has a good reputation on FTE.82F100SWB has a good reputation on FTE.
Knowing the kind of twist radius arms see, I would run misalignment spacers on a heim conversion.
If you are really after big travel, have you looked into wristing an arm?
86 F250 HD 4x4, 6.9/T19/broken D44 TTB junk/10.25.
8? F100 4x4 Mild 460/T19 D60/welded 10.25/44 Boggers,
It's not what you BUY, It's what you BUILD
Old 04-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
How long are you going to extend them and what is the application? Severe rock crawling where you try to max out the suspenion at every turn, you probably need them. Straight line mud drags like I do with mine, not so much. They are cheap, and since you will have to fabricate the rear mount anyways, just open it up some to run the misalignment shims.

Free Paul and Dan from random moderator oppression!!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 04-24-2014, 12:39 PM