Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > South Dakota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

South Dakota Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: cowboywanabe

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2014, 02:56 PM
Senior User

caedo has a good reputation on FTE.caedo has a good reputation on FTE.
Caeden Tinklenberg
DON'T Deal with Home Run

I just wanted to post up on this chapter to warn others in the area to avoid, or at least think twice before dealing with Bryan Yoch of Home Run Auto. For the longest time, he was a great supplier to deal with. He had average prices and lots of used SuperDuty parts that are generally hard to find. However, in the early summer of 2012 Bryan sold me a used transmission and installed it in my truck, giving me a year long guarantee that it would not fail. Unfortunately, it never shifted right and actually failed early February of 2013. Being under warranty still, Bryan confirmed that he would build it for free. I knew Bryan was busy at the time and I offered to drop the tranny myself and deliver it to him on a pallet, which I did. Bryan kept telling me that he was going to get to it next after he finished an engine rebuild. Well days turned into weeks, into months, into over a year, Bryan continually telling me that he was getting to it next. Needless to say, after a year without my truck, my patience was beginning to run out and I ended up buying an HD4R100. I tried to to negotiate with Bryan alternatives for the transmission rebuild, but he became quickly defensive and impossible to deal with. From this point on I knew I wasn't ever going to get my transmission back, rebuilt or not. To make matters worse, I left some of the linkage for my transfer case attached to the transmission as well as the crossmember. I know this was stupid to do, but I wasn't expecting any issues. Nevertheless, when I asked Bryan if I could get any of those parts back, he acknowledged that he had it all on a pallet, but he wasn't going to get it for me because I was "cheating him and his business and trying to steal his money." He then stopped returning my calls I was forced to stop into his shop where he refused to talk to me and him and his wife (the business secretary) kicked me out and shut their door in my face, telling me they never wanted to see me on their premise again and that they would never talk to me about anything anymore. This last encounter happened on March 15. Neither my dad (who has also spent well over $10,000 with Home Run), nor I have been able to make contact with Bryan or his wife since. There are many other details that I could include about how rude Bryan has been and how much he has actually cost my dad and I, but it wouldn't change the moral of the story: Don't deal with Bryan Yoch unless you want to pay for something you are never going to get.

Caeden 2003 F-350 CCSB Silver Series 4x4 w/ 2000 7.3PSD
HD4R100, Van Turbo w/ WW and EBPV Delete, 5" Flo-Pro, AIS/6637, Hydra Chip, 5000K HIDs, 203* T-stat, Warn Hubs, 6.0 (CAC, PSFC w/ 180* T-stat, and TFC w/ 180* T-stat), '05-07 Front Clip w/2012 Bumper, EBC Sport Rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads
Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 AM
South Dakota Chapter Ldr

cowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputationcowboywanabe has a superb reputation
Wow man, that is a bummer! I don't get why people in business do this kind of stuff. I guess he figures he's got plenty of other customers. Be sure and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau too.

Official #10 Slackmaster/#13 Big BS'er
Winter Enthusiast!
Click Here to Join the South Dakota Chapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOESTNER View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob is insane and should be institutionalized.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Senior User

Caeden Tinklenberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Wow man, that is a bummer! I don't get why people in business do this kind of stuff. I guess he figures he's got plenty of other customers.
I am posting this so that hopefully he won't gain any more customers. I don't want anyone to have to deal with someone as crooked as this. No one deserves to be treated this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Be sure and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau too.
Believe me, I will.

HD4R100, Van Turbo w/ WW and EBPV Delete, 5" Flo-Pro, AIS/6637, Hydra Chip, 5000K HIDs, 203* T-stat, Warn Hubs, 6.0 (CAC, PSFC w/ 180* T-stat, and TFC w/ 180* T-stat), '05-07 Front Clip w/2012 Bumper, EBC Sport Rotors and Yellow Stuff Pads
Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Senior User

Caeden Tinklenberg
I filed a complaint over a month ago and neither the BBB nor I have heard back about this issue. Awesome.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:45 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > South Dakota Chapter