6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

04 6.0L Powerstroke problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 01:30 PM
mudsmokinstroker
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 6.0L Powerstroke problem

Heres my update i went out today and check the connectors to all the injectors all tight and all have clips. checked the 3 connector plugs to FICM all tight then started truck miss and shacking was gone then high idle kicked in still good then i kicked the high idle off the theres the miss again Po284 cylinder 8. My fuel filters are like a dark golden color there about 2 years old and maybe 3000 miles on them if that can the filters cause the injector to act up? And i have a wierd buzz sound coming from the engine i can hear from in the cab while truck is running with the miss.

Old 04-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Change the fuel filters and ck the fuel pressure,if it's 45 psi or below you may need a blue spring mod or a fuel system flush with that low of milage....meaning the fuel is old and has alge

Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Forddiesel06
Senior User
X2 I totally agree what Per4mance has said......

Old 04-02-2014, 11:12 PM
mudsmokinstroker
Freshman User
Ok i have the blue spring mod pressure is at 65-75 psi. I'm kinda tryin to figure out why # 8 injector will work fine when engine is cold but then cuts out when it gets warm. wouldnt # 1 and #2 injectors be afected by fuel preesure before #7 #8 injectors cause there in the front of the engine?

Old 04-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mudsmokinstroker
Heres my update i went out today and check the connectors to all the injectors all tight and all have clips. checked the 3 connector plugs to FICM all tight then started truck miss and shacking was gone then high idle kicked in still good then i kicked the high idle off the theres the miss again Po284 cylinder 8. My fuel filters are like a dark golden color there about 2 years old and maybe 3000 miles on them if that can the filters cause the injector to act up? And i have a wierd buzz sound coming from the engine i can hear from in the cab while truck is running with the miss.
Possible u could also have a failing injector. I'd pull out number 8 and have a look at it. It could be clogged or failing. U might just need to clean it up and get new o-rings for it. Reseat and try again.

U will also need to change out the fuel filters and try to wipe off as much gunk as u can.

Weird buzz sound? Hmmm. I would just do the fuel filters according to procedure and pull out injector 8 to check first, then take it from there. Post pics when u can. I'm sure someone would be on here to advise u. Good luck!

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 PM
mudsmokinstroker
Freshman User
Thats kinda what i was leaning too but i'm trying to figure out things to try and do before i have to tear in to it again after the whole bullet proofing ARPS,New HG, Oil cooler, coolant filter system, Blue spring, Egr delete. Ive never messed with my FICM Though!

Old 04-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Thats kinda what i was leaning too but i'm trying to figure out things to try and do before i have to tear in to it again after the whole bullet proofing ARPS,New HG, Oil cooler, coolant filter system, Blue spring, Egr delete. Ive never messed with my FICM Though!
Do u have a scangauge? If so, u can monitor ur ficm main power and see if it hits 46 and below for a sec. If it does, ficm is heading south. Time to send it in to Ed.

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-03-2014, 06:58 PM
mudsmokinstroker
Freshman User
I dont have have scan tool about 2 years ago it went in to the shop and the told me it was at 44-46 Volts but about a month my batteries kept going dead cause it would sit for weeks at a time so im wondering if the ficm is worse now? I havent had any signs of low ficm volts though tell this injector 8 fault code.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
FICM time,send it to ED and get the batteries/alt checked.I'll bet the injector comes back to life.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 AM
mudsmokinstroker
Freshman User
Can I take it out and solder it?

Old 04-04-2014, 04:28 AM
Per4mance
Logistics Pro
Ya you can, but why? What if you have a problem on the lodgic side, how are you going to test it?.and or get the parts. Let the pro check it and have a peace of mind

Old 04-04-2014, 06:43 AM
mustang_309
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok i have the blue spring mod pressure is at 65-75 psi. I'm kinda tryin to figure out why # 8 injector will work fine when engine is cold but then cuts out when it gets warm. wouldnt # 1 and #2 injectors be afected by fuel preesure before #7 #8 injectors cause there in the front of the engine?
The #7 & #8 injectors would be affected by low fuel pressure first as they are the furthest from the fuel source and at the lowest pressure point in the system.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 PM
mudsmokinstroker
Freshman User
Hers's my update texted the Ficm key on engine off, 49 V cranking drops to 47V idle 48V took pass valve cover off and swopped injector 6 with injector 8 and Cyclinder 8 Fault code went away then cylinder 6 fault code apeared. before that i smessed with the plugs and then i started truck up and it ran great for about 5 mins then the miss started again. So IDK ifs a stiction problem or a bad injector? Can i rebuild injector and clean the pluger?

Old 04-05-2014, 10:25 PM
78fordman
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can clean the spool valves. You will have to search for it or someone else may chime in.

Sent from my leash using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-06-2014, 01:42 AM
mudsmokinstroker
Freshman User
Ok i'll try and clean the sppol valves how can i tell if it's the solienod on the injector is there a way to test it out of the truck on my work bench? Cause the injector works when the engine is cold but then cuts out about 2-3 mins later after it;s been running. And sometimes it will start working while engine is at idle then quit.

Quick Reply: 04 6.0L Powerstroke problem