Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

hang out around Blanchard

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 08:31 PM
okiewelder
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hang out around Blanchard

On the road in the Richmond VA area but, should be home this weekend (April 5/6). Anyone want to come over and hang out and give me some inspiration towards getting back on track? I took the truck apart to make it a little better back in 88 and life keeps getting in the way.
Anyway, post here or shoot me a text at 405-274-6680

Old 04-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Richmond VA is a long way from home. Drive safely. Unfortunately I can't come down there right now, but maybe others can. In any event, why not plan to come to the get-together in the September timeframe. Lots of Ford guys here and some may well be just the ones to help.

And, how about telling us here all about your truck? That might get the juices flowing.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:10 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whew, if you were close i'd be tempted. I had to google to see where Blanchard was. That's southwest of OKC. I'm just north of Tulsa.

Have fun driving through VA. I don't miss driving in that state.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Clay H
Elder User
I'm in Tuttle, what kind of project you have in the works here?

Old 04-03-2014, 04:41 PM
OkieLEO
Junior User
I am in SE corner of Newcastle area....

Old 07-23-2014, 08:09 PM
okiewelder
Senior User
still not home!!

hello my ford truck friends, shortly after I got home from VA the Navy in their wisdom sent me out to Gulf port MS. Its a good school that I should of been sent to in the first 5 years of my duty instead of my 20th. Anyway long story short I still have almost a month left and then home to work on my project. I did get my 71 maverick taged and titled out here so I can drive it when I get home without paying the crazy fees that Oklahoma wants to update a out of date tag.

Old 07-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by okiewelder
hello my ford truck friends, shortly after I got home from VA the Navy in their wisdom sent me out to Gulf port MS. Its a good school that I should of been sent to in the first 5 years of my duty instead of my 20th. Anyway long story short I still have almost a month left and then home to work on my project. I did get my 71 maverick taged and titled out here so I can drive it when I get home without paying the crazy fees that Oklahoma wants to update a out of date tag.
Will you be home by Sept 13th? We are having a get-together then in Skiatook.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:00 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
That's a nice place to be stationed for awhile. My USAF tech school was at Kessler AFB, in Biloxi. my wife and i spent time in an apartment within walking distance of the beach. Man i miss the smell of saltwater. Safe travels back to Oklahoma.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:05 PM
okiewelder
Senior User
Yea, I have been here in Gulf Port MS a few other times in my military career. The Seabees have two main bases in the US here and in Ventura CA. I spend 6 months here in 2009 before being mobilized to go to the middle east. Im only about 12 short hours drive to make it back to Blanchard and the people down here are friendly and still like the military.
The project that keeps getting put on the very back burner is a 62 unibody short bed big window. I purchased it from parts world in Roosevelt in 85 or 86. I drove it for a few years with a 429 in it with stock 4 wheel drum brakes and took it apart in 88 or so to make it a little better. Originally I put a Chrysler torsion bar front end under it but never got it back in the road. In 2007 after I came home from Iraq I started over and put a Fatman Mustang/Pinto type front end under it. I C'd the rear and put a 9" out of a Torino on top of the leafs after taking a few out.
I have all of the frame work finished and the body is back on the frame. I need to finish welding some patch panels in it and put the doors and some glass back in it and just drive the crap out of it!! It now has a stock 460 with a aluminum intake and headers. I have the drive line in and the brakes lines are all there as well. I know I am kinda rambling but, its just kinda flowing out as I go!!