Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-06-2014, 11:42 AM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
ctubutis ctubutis ctubutis
You guys with this alleged problem of needing to sign back in all the time... have you guys checked the Remember Me box near the user/pass fields?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
The what? -lol, just kidding, sure, I checked the box many times on log in but to be honest, maybe not every time. I did stay logged in for an afternoon, Thursday I think.
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:56 PM
boonslick

boonslick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Works fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
You guys with this alleged problem of needing to sign back in all the time... have you guys checked the Remember Me box near the user/pass fields?
X2 I always check the box and accidentally close the site and leave the computer to do other things and when I come back I simply click on my favorites and Shazam I am up and running again. I even have to log out 2 times!

Boon

1987 F150 5.0L AOD 2WD Std. Cab Long Bed 71,000 Original Miles when purchased.

"I am most proud of my MISTAKES, not my accomplishments." M. D. Welsh
Old 04-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Old School Hot Rodder

85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.
william.a.vose
I thought I was the only one who has to sign out twice.
http://www.oldschoolhotrodder.com
"growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional"
Old 04-07-2014, 04:42 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
Log in seems to be working normally (for me) now. Also, header spacing appears correct also. Thnx!
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:33 PM

ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Y'all with the sign-in/sign-out problems, clear your browser's cache and cookies and then try again (will need to check the Remember Me box if you want to be remembered).

Clearing those two things fixes a LOT of behavioral problems in Web-based stuff like this.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 PM
boonslick

boonslick is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85lebaront2 View Post
I thought I was the only one who has to sign out twice.
Hello and good afternoon.

I have to sign out twice as well. Perhaps it has something to do with "keep me signed in?"

Boon

1987 F150 5.0L AOD 2WD Std. Cab Long Bed 71,000 Original Miles when purchased.

"I am most proud of my MISTAKES, not my accomplishments." M. D. Welsh
Old 04-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Posting Guru

Iowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud ofIowa Ford has much to be proud of
I like it, Renee. Thanks for your hard work !!
14-Escape 1.6 Eco Wife's car, 07-500 Daughters car
Gone up the road a mile 2000 F-150 4X4 & 2000 Taurus SE
Old 04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Postmaster

madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.madpogue has a very good reputation on FTE.
Forum -> User CP -> Edit Gallery page has HUGE whitespace. Have to scroll down to reach your galleries.

Same thing on each gallery page.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Internet Brands

JeremyT has a good reputation on FTE.JeremyT has a good reputation on FTE.
I'm not seeing that issue with IE or Firefox.

Can you post an attachment and provide browser specifications that you're using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Forum -> User CP -> Edit Gallery page has HUGE whitespace. Have to scroll down to reach your galleries.

Same thing on each gallery page.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Internet Brands

A few common things to keep in mind in regard to having to log into FTE:

1) Using the Remember Me option uses browser cookies while not using Remember Me will be session based. The Session based login will expire when the browser is closed and you'll be required to log back in when you revisit the website after the browser was closed. The Remember Me option, which is cookied based, should remember your username/password for a long time (days).

2) IE and Firefox both have options to clear data (history, cache, cookies, etc.) when the browser is closed. This can include cookies - which is the file that contains your login information that remembers your login information. If this occurs, you will be required to log back in when you revisit the website. Both browsers also have the option to exclude any websites marked as Favorites.

3) Some 3rd party security software may prevent, or delete, browser cookies.

As ctubutis pointed out, this login issue is almost always a browser cookie issue that can be fixed by simply deleting the login cookie for Ford-Trucks. Logging out is not enough as the cookie must be deleted. When you revisit the website and use the Remember Me option, you'll get a new cookie that should work. While the issue can happen on the server side, whenever it does it impacts almost every single member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonslick View Post
Hello and good afternoon.

I have to sign out twice as well. Perhaps it has something to do with "keep me signed in?"

Boon
Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 AM

The stuff in the navbar - did it used to be centered or otherwise distributed differently? It looks kind of odd with my name & dropdown located where it is.

Maybe there's supposed to be an advertisement someplace that displaces things....
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 PM
Internet Brands

I believe the contents should be centered. It's a CSS layout issue. I see the issue but not sure the purpose so I'll do some checking. We'll review it.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
The stuff in the navbar - did it used to be centered or otherwise distributed differently? It looks kind of odd with my name & dropdown located where it is.

Maybe there's supposed to be an advertisement someplace that displaces things....
Old 04-14-2014, 11:29 AM
Post Fiend

kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.kermmydog has a spectacular reputation.
No complains here. Looks great. Thanks for all the work Renee.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Post Fiend

Just logged in to the site on a windows laptop for the first time and wow! nice you guys & gals! as handy as phones and tablets are, they really dont show off the new look like a wide screen.

Thank you!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 AM