Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Internet Brands

IB Renee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.IB Renee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
Renee, another thing I noticed - when viewing the list of forums and I go double-click the blue box with the check mark in it, that check mark doesn't instantly disappear anymore; however, after refreshing the page, the checkmark is then gone (as it should be).
I will let the tech team know so it can be fixed. Also, when I look at the recalls it seems to be populated for me. Can you check again?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:05 PM
Post Fiend

CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.CLINT-THE-GREAT has a spectacular reputation.
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
That's not really a valid comparison there... you're comparing the front page of a forum (with the list of threads) with the first page of a thread - two entirely different types of pages.
Here... I will give you an EXACT comparison. Same page on both. Still same result

-The Great
SLACKMASTER /AVID WINTER ENTHUSIAST #777
2005 "THE DIESEL" Ebony Black Excursion 6.0 183k miles STUDDED, TUNED
1997 "THE T-BIRD" Currant Red Thunderbird 4.6 127k miles
2008 "THE LINCOLN" Ebony Black Mark LT 103K miles (wifey's)
Old 04-01-2014, 06:14 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
Looking at the components, the space is really the same, just the ad and search bar are in a different position down from the menu. The biggest change is the header graphic is twice the size. I'm on a 23" monitor @ 1680x1050 and it's sized nicely.
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:15 PM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

ArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputation
The update notice header will be gone in a couple of days I'm sure, Clint.

Below that I see we have a sub header for the forum we are already in.
Seems completely redundant.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/donjamer/FTE%20Pics/blumax500-1-1.jpgFTE Fraternity of Blue Max
Old 04-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
The banner colors is kinda knockin' my eyes out but, hey....maybe that's just me.

Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

There three types of people in this world.... Those who can count and those who can't

Old 04-01-2014, 06:19 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
Ex forum in supporter mode... huge a$$ pic...
Attached Images

#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:22 PM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

ArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputation
Ah, It's the sponsors I'm not seeing with Adblock+
That's why there's so much whitespace.

I agree kw.
Think I'm going to go into display options and see if I can tone it down a bit.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/donjamer/FTE%20Pics/blumax500-1-1.jpgFTE Fraternity of Blue Max
Old 04-01-2014, 06:27 PM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

No more 'edit on page' either.
That kinda sucks.

ETA, Seems to be fixed now.
Good going IB team!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Just a bare bones header? No truck pic's? No HOTRODS?

It's faster - but seems to be missing something...

IT'S NAKED!!!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk View Post

No more 'edit on page' either.
That kinda sucks.

Yep....Where's the "EDIT" button?
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

There three types of people in this world.... Those who can count and those who can't

Old 04-01-2014, 06:52 PM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

It's right next to the quote button for me.
But it takes me to a new page.

It is like only the advanced edit is enabled.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Posting Guru

paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.paredneck33 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
Just a bare bones header? No truck pic's? No HOTRODS?

It's faster - but seems to be missing something...

IT'S NAKED!!!

I agree with Greywolf. Just seems to be a little lacking. But I like it other than that so far.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:05 PM
Old School Hot Rodder

85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.85lebaront2 has a great reputation on FTE.
william.a.vose
I like the fact that it goes right to the log in now. I had my link set so it would before, but if I typed in the URL it went to the old home page and I had to select forums to get a log in screen. I agree with Jim, but I am also running adblock plus so don't see the ads. I just tried it disabled, and there is the sponsor list.
http://www.oldschoolhotrodder.com
"growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional"

Last edited by 85lebaront2; 04-01-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Added line.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Internet Brands

IB Renee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.IB Renee is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you for all the feedback!

We are working on trying to put the ad in the header, like it is on the homepage to get rid of the white space you are seeing. This will also help push the content up.

There are a few things we are still trying to get perfect, in the meantime we thank you for your patience.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Hey - right here right now we have the choice to put the "Ride of the Week" in the header with a touch of java...

What do you think of that?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:19 PM