Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Senior User

Baatzy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ethan Baatz
Hydra Issues

My Hydra arrived, and I tried to program it today, before installing it in the truck.

I got hydraflash downloaded and my chip seems to connect and work fine, but anytime I try to download a program to the chip it will go to about 20% but then will return with a window that says program error Unable to program position x.
x being whatever position I am trying.

Does anyone know what is going on? Did I miss a step?

I have tried this on 2 different computers, all there USB ports, and 3 different cables.

Thanks,

Baatzy
Old 03-29-2014, 03:42 AM
Senior User

jps47 is starting off with a positive reputation.
make sure you have the latest firmware and your hex code is right. Mine works flawlessly.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:36 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
Yeah... firmware is usually the fix.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 AM
Senior User

Ethan Baatz
I just updated the firmware this morning, or so it says it was successful. It still does the exact same thing though.

Any other good ideas guys?

Thanks,

Baatzy
Old 03-29-2014, 07:47 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.Tugly has a spectacular reputation.
When you load the programs, are they from the stock list... or are they custom?

If stock, how does your screen compare with these?

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:55 AM
Postmaster

white Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to behold
Is it possible the server/website at PHP is down and you can't download the programs?
Old 03-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Senior User

Ethan Baatz
Rich, my screen is pretty close to what you have shown, except my Hex code is VSAA4Q9 and the one in the recommendations area that you have circled is VSAA4R9. The Q seems to have the performance tunes while the R seems to have the speed limited tunes. Both have the high idle and whisper mode. Appears to be about 25 tunes between the 2 codes, nothing like what yours shows for the one hex code.

Rich from SD, I guess that does make sense, because it only ever gets to 20% and goes no farther. However, the firmware seemed to have no issue updating so I don't think the server is down. Or maybe they have multiple servers

Thanks,

Baatzy
Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 AM
Postmaster

white Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to behold
Did you go through the activation & registration section under the help tab to register your hydra chip?

if so what is your user ID showing? IIRC all users will yield a 1 for the ID code unless purchasing custom tunes.

Here is a link to PHP's install video:

Old 03-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Postmaster

Baatzy,

Your only 30 minutes away from me in Sioux Falls - 20 after the chip install

You are more than welcome to stop by and I'll help you get it straight.......
Old 03-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Senior User

Ethan Baatz
I did register my stuff, but I have no activation code, but from watching the above video I was under the impression that the activation code is only needed if I am putting custom tunes on, which I am not, for now. If not, where can I find this activation code?

Rich, PM on the way shortly

Thanks,

Baatzy
Old 03-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Elder User

Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.Dan V has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baatzy View Post
I did register my stuff, but I have no activation code, but from watching the above video I was under the impression that the activation code is only needed if I am putting custom tunes on, which I am not, for now. If not, where can I find this activation code?

Rich, PM on the way shortly

Thanks,

Baatzy
I bought a Hydra used...and was able to log right in to the PHP server without registering/activating anything.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:02 PM
Postmaster

I'm wondering if your software is not connecting online. Bill mentioned that on his website, something to the effect of "make sure your antivirus software is disabled during software installation or make sure the antivirus software is not blocking the Hydraware from accessing the internet"

What indicators do you see on the bottom toolbar?

Also, under the Help menu/registration - what does your user # say?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:36 AM
New User

Hwood121 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had the same issue when I first got my Hydra. Contacted PHP and turned out one of the memory chips was bad. PHP overnighted a replacement and all is well. Give them a call.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:37 AM
I'm a cautionary tale

Another thought: Turn off your antivirus software temporarily and re-install the software. Keep your AV software off while you run HydraFlash, then re-start your AVS when done.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:01 PM
Postmaster

Well Nathan (Baatzy) came over today and we had no luck trying to load the tunes on his Hydra chip using my laptop as well. I was able to change my Hydra tunes around but when we plugged in his chip it would always stop at 20% like he posted.

So we called PHP and it seems to be the same situation Hwood121 experienced. PHP said Nathan's chip was showing symptoms of a bad chip and that they would send him a new one.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel