Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Senior User

John R. Thomas is starting off with a positive reputation.
NA NA NA NA NA NA
Swapping side windows or…….

I have a 70s Ford standard topper / cap on our 75 F-150. & a deluxe one
on blocks in our garden. The seam on the top has separated for about
a foot on the spare. 2 options: Swap out the windows or repair the
split on the roof of the spare. The window gaskets are hard as rocks.
I can cut the rubber. Who sells the replacement widow gasket rubber?
or: How can I repair the foot long separation in the top ?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Senior User

NA NA NA NA NA NA
The lift gate latches are solid rust on the spare deluxe cap. I bought a high quality drill bit. With lots-o-oil,
I'm drilling out the rusted screws. The sliders are rusty too.
Once the standard side windows and my broken lift gate is removed, I'll replace the rubber
seal on the top edge of the box and the paint on the edges of the plastic compasses.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Elder User

LeoJr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mr T, did you find a source for the gaskets?
*1996 F250 crew cab/short bed, 4x4, auto PSD, about 170k miles *Looking for gray 40/20/40 seats, I have a dirty set of blue I'd trade *interior grab handles above all four doors *stainless window vents *3/8" shim under the drive shaft carrier bearing has eliminated the take-off shudder *remote door locks work with engine running mod.
Link to my D60 refurb and OBS swap thread
Link to my OBS air vent R&R thread
Old 08-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Senior User

NA NA NA NA NA NA
Hi Leo,
I not only have the like new gaskets, I have the removed deluxe sliding windows & screens. In the process of removing the cheap windows from my standard cap, the edge
of the fiberglass chipped off. Therefore, I was only able to swap the lift gates. The
deluxe parts from the spare cap and the newish gaskets are available here in Waukesha
Wisconsin…a burb of Milwaukee.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:51 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners