6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sync issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 06:54 PM
RussB
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sync issues

Every time I get in my truck it starts playing my music on my iphone. Doesn't come through the stereo, but starts the play list on my phone. Drains the battery if I don't notice right away.. Any suggestions ??

Old 03-28-2014, 09:15 PM
2addy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What version iPhone? Did you update it recently? Is Bluetooth activated? Old iPhones had an issue with this when using non Apple headphones on the iPhone4. I think your issue is tied in to the Bluetooth setting though as a coworker had the same issue and he had to replace the phone; defective. If you can, disable Bluetooth and see what it does.

Old 03-28-2014, 09:48 PM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine will start playing my playlist but through the speakers.Only if I shut the truck off while playing a song.If I stop the song prior to turning truck off it wont start playing automatically when I start it the next time.But it always connects to sync via bluetooth no matter what as it should.So only thing I would recommend is hitting stop on the song b4 shutting down truck and see if it doesnt play on next start up.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:22 AM
Gearitis
Elder User

Originally Posted by rtazz17
Mine will start playing my playlist but through the speakers.Only if I shut the truck off while playing a song.If I stop the song prior to turning truck off it wont start playing automatically when I start it the next time.But it always connects to sync via bluetooth no matter what as it should.So only thing I would recommend is hitting stop on the song b4 shutting down truck and see if it doesnt play on next start up.
Ditto, same here. I always try and pause mine before I shut off the truck. I use Google Play most of the time. I have an Iphone and Android and both will start auto if I do not pause or stop before I stop the truck.

Old 03-29-2014, 07:58 AM
RussB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 2addy
What version iPhone? Did you update it recently? Is Bluetooth activated? Old iPhones had an issue with this when using non Apple headphones on the iPhone4. I think your issue is tied in to the Bluetooth setting though as a coworker had the same issue and he had to replace the phone; defective. If you can, disable Bluetooth and see what it does.
iPhone 4, Haven't done the most recent update because people have been having issues with it... Wanted to wait a while longer. Bluetooth is on and it connects most of the time when I enter the truck. I'll try turning bluetooth off... but that kinda defeats the purpose of having hands free which is law up here while driving.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:05 PM
2addy
Senior User
Agreed about the Bluetooth being disabled being a nuisance. There was an issue with drivers on the phone causing apps to auto start. There also was the issue with non Apple headphones causing the same thing but I'm assuming you don't have headphones plugged in?

Old 03-29-2014, 09:52 PM
rtazz17
Fleet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So even when you press stop on your playlist prior to turning truck off it still turns your playlist on the next time ?

Old 03-29-2014, 10:05 PM
2addy
Senior User
Just did some digging and this has been a serious issue for others on different forums. Took a TSB to get it fixed for VW. Exact same problem. There is no setting on our iPhones to stop them from auto starting when pairing with a device because it assumes you want it to play so there's a glitch in the hardware software that does this and obviously if you don't catch it, your phone battery will drain. On some radio systems (in vehicle) they have a setting that can be used to play Bluetooth music automatically. I'm being lazy and not going out to the truck to see if we have it but that would solve the problem....this affects more than just iPhones as well.

Old 03-30-2014, 08:13 AM
RussB
Posting Guru
Well I'm glad it's just not me that is having this issue. thought I was going crazy or something. Mine doesn't matter if I turn off play list before I shut the truck off or not. No head phones plugged in.. Just bluetooth activated for use of hands free..