1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The new one from good old germany...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 11:27 PM
patze
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Morning everyone!
@topmoo: thx for the Link. And i can't add an european Engine in the Truck. The Problem is, if i do that i don't get my historical numbersplate! In that case i have to pay a looot of taxes!
@AXRacer:
"...no Knowledge" is maybe the wrong word! I study 5 years automotive and closed it with an diploma but your are right with the experience. My experiences are just in 2stroker Motorcycle engines... V8-Engines is only theoratically knowledgement.
A trip to the US sound awesome my last trip was in 1994... And i really don't want a finished truck. In that case, the Truck is not "my" plant. You know what i mean? (Baaaad English )
Ok, now the Lab is calling me and i have to check some climatecontrolpanels for GM and Audi
Till later

Cheers

Old 03-31-2014, 07:40 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Truck doesn't need to be completely finished, but would be best if you buy one with the main components (basic engine, transmission, rear axle, suspension) like you want that is already up and driving, then finish it to your liking. Finding and installing those components where you are is going to be difficult and expensive, and finding good people that know how to work on it or doing it yourself is also going to be difficult.
Here is a couple threads from a member named Capelo in Spain who wanted to do the same and what he is going through:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-learning.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ford-f100.html

Old 03-31-2014, 07:49 AM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by patze
Ok i'm done with idea to tune the original 272! Than i have to use a 302 stroker. My plans for the truck are: everything should be original as possible with a patina!! Only the engine is modified... That everybody underestimate my little truck which auto-trans do you recommend for the 302? Where shoud i buy the engine? I think it is cheaper to buy a modified engine than the parts for selfmade modification? What kind of wood is used for the bed?

Cheers
It can be done

here is another

Old 04-01-2014, 05:47 AM
patze
Freshman User
@AX
Yes your right! This is another option! Can you give me a link for "cars for sale" in the US?
I want to wait till my friend is back from sweden. (hopefully he will find some trucks)
if not, i will try it with the spanish way... in that case, i have to find someone in the near and find a good company which delivers my new toy... But the time will tell.
what do you think about this engine?

425HP Small Block Ford Custom 347 Stroker Engine Complete Mustang Cobra 289 302 | eBay

And the videos are awesome
but i think the engines are very very expensive

Cheers

Old 04-02-2014, 10:45 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Yes, getting 400+ HP out of a normally aspirated Ford small block is not cheap! Plus it will require 93+ octane gasoline and get <6 MPG (2.5 KPL). Then you are not going to be able to put that much power to the pavement without a lot of chassis modifications, drag slicks and a traction prepped drag strip. You will only burn the tires off it on the street and the chance of it accelerating in a straight line is close to nill with the OEM flexible frame and low rear axle weight of a pickup. That much HP is also going to require a heavily modified transmission and rear axle so add another 5-8000.00 for those parts and you'd better buy spares. It will cost a minimum of 30- 40K US for your truck if you assemble it yourself, double that if it was built for you here in the states, and be very difficult and uncomfortable to drive on the street at low speeds. Power costs money, how much do you want? 300- 350 HP is much more realistic maximum for the street.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Cat906
Senior User
Patze,
AX is an extremely knowledgeable person, and you will do well to listen to his warnings and advice. I have yet to see him steer someone in the wrong direction.
-Cat

Old 04-02-2014, 11:34 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Thanks Cat.
If you really want that much HP IMHO it would be much more cost effective and realistic to start with a late model ECU controlled EFI crate MOD motor and matching computer controlled OD tranny. The Coyote engine puts out >700 HP! other mod motors available from 300 - 600 HP on 89 octane at twice the gas mileage as an OHV small block.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:05 AM
patze
Freshman User
Good morning guys!
Ok you got me! My whish to get 400+hp is very cheap and after the modifikation my truck no real classiccar anymore. -> in germany very expensive!
Thx for shaken me up ��
So which modifications are to do for a 300-350hp engine? I've seen a lot of engines with 330hp for 2grants!

Cheers

Old 04-03-2014, 04:07 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
It isn't very difficult or unduly expensive to get 300 - 350 HP out of a 302 or 351 cu in small block or if you want a stock FE looking engine then look for a 390 cu in engine and build it up after you get it registered. It is very difficult for a non Ford engine expert to tell the difference between the different size FE blocks without tearing them down. Because of that, there are a lot more engines claimed to be 390's than were made by Ford, so be sure YOU learn how to tell the difference before buying one.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Bluey Zedoff
Laughing Gas
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
Off topic a bit here, but found those cross sections of body panels fascinating! Heard two panel beaters arguing about the way the roof was affixed. I'll show em this diagram. Back to the show...

Old 04-03-2014, 01:38 PM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi and welcome to the addiction.

I am from Sweden and am in the process of restoring a 56 into a stocker (ish) truck with front a few small mods,

Swaybar front and rear
Stock ride height suspension
CPP power steering box
Slightly hooped up y block aiming for 250-280 hp

Where in Sweden are your friend looking for trucks?

If I can assist in any way give me a shout.

Check out my build in the signature link

Old 04-09-2014, 09:57 AM
patze
Freshman User
Hi guys!
Sorry for my long quietness! There is a lot of trouble at work...
Thx for the help jimmy! My friend should be walk around in the north of sweden but i am not sure! Maybe you can help me to find some trucks bye the www? So i can help him from germany ��
Your truck looks really good!!
And thx ax for the infos! I think i'll work with a 302! But first of all i must find a truck ��
I found two in NL but there are not so many informations about the trucks! Only V8, automatic, no rust and it drives ����

Does anybody have some old pictures from the original interior? The floor?

Cheers

Old 04-09-2014, 10:53 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I come from a small town called Piteå far up in the north of Sweden so I have some connections and family there as well.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open, what years and condition should I be looking for?
53-56? Mint, total makeover, untouched or something inbetween?

Old 04-09-2014, 11:34 AM
patze
Freshman User
Awesome yes the year is right! In best case original as possible. V8 is a must be!! In best case an 302 with automatic. No rust and driveable! Patina is ok and i have no fear for work a trailer coupling is a nice to have. Now the important part caaaaassshhh
10k € is the best maximum for me. In that case i have enough cash for the makeover
Thx a lot jimmy! I appreciate that!!!

Cheers / skål

Old 04-09-2014, 01:12 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by patze
Does anybody have some old pictures from the original interior? The floor?

Cheers
Here are pics of the interior of my 54 F-100:

This is a pic of a 54 untouched stock Firetruck:

This is a pic of a 1955 Stock firetruck interior:

Quick Reply: The new one from good old germany...