Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Automotive Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2014, 12:59 AM
Junior User

cyclospot is starting off with a positive reputation.
took a break from my truck (bike question)

My 2000 Buell. The oil light flashes on when I downshift for a milisecond. I'll put a gauge on it to check just thought I would get some thoughts on why. Maybe a sticking oil pressure regulator?? 16000 miles revtech oil and filter about 1500 on current oil. Pushed some oil out the tank at startup but I may have overfilled it last year while it was cold. I drained a half a quart out and seems fine now. The first time I noticed the light was on the interstate at downshifting at 70 mph. It did it driving a block today and could repeat it at 20 mph. Know its not a Ford..... searched the buell forums but thought I would get some expert advice! Thanks
Old 03-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Posting Guru

monckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to beholdmonckywrench is a splendid one to behold
Treat is as a Sportster for troubleshooting purposes. Also, ALWAYS post the SPECIFIC model and not just brand. You wouldn't post "I have a broke Ford" with no other info.

I'd suspect a loose connection, and after that the sending unit which are cheap to replace.

You can use a mechanical oil pressure guage plumbed to the sender fitting, and even use a tee to feed both if you wish.

There are two things to own if you have a motorcycle, particularly anything HD based. The FACTORY service manual and parts book will save you much suffering. Haynes and Chilton manuals are fine if you run out of cat litter and need to sop up an oil spill.

Forums I've found useful:

Harley Davidson Forum: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forums

Chop Cult - bobber, chopper, choppers, harley, harley davidson, harley davidson motorcycles, harley motorcycles, harley sportster, kawasaki motorcycles, motorcycle accessories, motorcycle helmets, motorcycle parts, motorcycles for sale, suzuki motorc

HarleyTechTalk - Index

Let us know what you find.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:11 AM