1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With great horsepower comes great responsability

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Fastfwd
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With great horsepower comes great responsability

Don't be that guy.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:31 AM
redford
Received 1,559 Likes on 908 Posts
I hope that isn't one of our members.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:40 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Received 2,484 Likes on 1,298 Posts
That was pretty funny. I wonder where that finger ended up.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:49 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
I'd say serves the guy right, but I probably have too much empathy for people. THAT sucks, looks like he bent a rim, destroyed a tire, and probably sustained some body damage. He did it to himself though, perhaps that's a lesson he'll remember in the future.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
I'll bet his story would different than the video. If you want to play better be ready to pay.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Fastfwd
Senior User
Originally Posted by scraprat
I'll bet his story would different than the video
Yes I can imagine him telling his buddies about that moron going too slow in the left lane and then while he was passing and trying to get back left the guy accelerated so he had to swerve and crash.. or something like that.

Truth is that tailgating someone when driving any car is dangerous; much more so when driving a very heavy truck.

Then there's the other guy deciding that he's the police and his speed in the left lane is the right speed for everyone. Also obviously aware of the problem since he is filming the truck and his speed.

The truck could have just passed on the right or waited a few moments. The other car could have gone to the right lane and definitely should not film the other guy to enrage him more. I blame both.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:04 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Tonneau covers also serve the same function as the roof flaps on NASCAR cars, apparently.

Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2014, 07:23 AM
wingedone
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why did it have to be a Ford??? Groan

Old 03-27-2014, 07:29 AM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastfwd
The truck could have just passed on the right or waited a few moments. The other car could have gone to the right lane and definitely should not film the other guy to enrage him more. I blame both.
My thought exactly & I wonder if there's more to the story were not seeing
Although it was kinda funny, thanks to the OP

Old 03-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Streaky
Junior User
The Camera Car had plenty of time to get into the slower lane...who's she to be the cop and slow everyone down?
She was provoking the guy to undertake but that's no excuse for him to flip her off with the Pinky.

They are both wrong to an extent....I hope she got a puncture down the road for her actions because he certainly didn't deserve that amount of damage for her lane hogging.

This is a Brits point of view made from watching the clip only....In Dubai where I live we consider Tail gating to be within a few centimeters of the car in front!

Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 AM
scraprat
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Fastfwd
Yes I can imagine him telling his buddies about that moron going too slow in the left lane and then while he was passing and trying to get back left the guy accelerated so he had to swerve and crash.. or something like that.

Truth is that tailgating someone when driving any car is dangerous; much more so when driving a very heavy truck.

Then there's the other guy deciding that he's the police and his speed in the left lane is the right speed for everyone. Also obviously aware of the problem since he is filming the truck and his speed.

If you're going to enter into the relm of road rage actions best to put all the blue chips down and go for it. If he just passed instead of show his manly hood his day would have gotten better.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:29 AM
Bigpipes 35
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Kinda wish he was a member then we could rip him for his arrogance and stupidity, If there would have been a vehicle coming in the opposite direction there probably would have been some fatality's. He is lucky it was only his truck that got destroyed...

Old 03-27-2014, 10:17 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I hate tailgaters...especially the tiny cars that tailgate me drives me nuts. If i was to stop short their face is literally level with my bumper, they will be visiting a dentist if they hit hard enough.

I think the guy deserves it personally, I deal with those kinda people every day in Mass (hence our nickname lol).

Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 AM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigpipes 35
Kinda wish he was a member then we could rip him for his arrogance and stupidity,
If there would have been a vehicle coming in the opposite direction there probably would have been some fatality's. He is lucky it was only his truck that got destroyed...

I disagree.
'Ripping' someone for arrogance and stupidity isn't always good, however, I do 'fault' the driver of the truck for getting his ride damaged.

Knowing when to act like a 'donkey' and knowing when NOT to, is one sign of maturity.

Yes, I've done some REALLY STOOPID things in my life, but, nowadays...... I just poke along in the right lane and mind my own business.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:29 AM
Fastfwd
Senior User
Originally Posted by 00BlueOvalRanger
I disagree.
'Ripping' someone for arrogance and stupidity isn't always good...
In my experience people who do stupid things on the road will either try to pretend they don't see you or get angry when you point it out. I used to honk at people but that never helped. Driving the F250 helps as an incentive for people to follow stop sign priority.

I wish there was some way to assign demerits points by laser beam or something. After a while you would know who the bad drivers are because they would have so much more than the average.

In a few decades it will all be self-driving cars anyway. People will have to grow a pair and be mean face to face if they want to go that way.

Quick Reply: With great horsepower comes great responsability