1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Dennis Carpenter (Thumbs Down)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Branded
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis Carpenter (Thumbs Down)

I ordered left and right outside door handles from them for my 54 F100, advertised as Genuine Ford. I recieve them and its clearly printed on the boxes reproduction of Ford products by Dennis Carpenter. This crap really gets my goat.

Old 03-26-2014, 02:43 PM
Maltman
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a bad experience with them last order as well, bad product description on website for shackle kit, poor quality on arm rests-china junk(I sent back) and backorders on 3 out of 8 items that showed in stock when order placed. I found a vendor in So. Cal that has same prices and parts-suspension parts, and is only 2 days shipping time...I had only good things to say about DC before last order.

I feel your pain!

Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 PM
fordf348
Laughing Gas
Received 158 Likes on 92 Posts
How were the door handles?

Old 03-26-2014, 03:31 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
DC is an authorized licensed producer of Ford parts. IMO, that make it a "Ford" part. If the listing had been for NOS, you might have a legitimate complaint. Back then as well as today, many, many parts are job shopped. We'll never know who the producer of any given part may have been.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Branded
Senior User
Originally Posted by fordf348
How were the door handles?
They don't look bad, we'll see how the hold up. They actually fit...

Old 03-26-2014, 03:48 PM
Branded
Senior User
Originally Posted by raytasch
DC is an authorized licensed producer of Ford parts. IMO, that make it a "Ford" part. If the listing had been for NOS, you might have a legitimate complaint. Back then as well as today, many, many parts are job shopped. We'll never know who the producer of any given part may have been.
DC might be authorized to reproduce them but he shouldnt be listing them as Genuine Ford Part. That's down right lieing where I come from. IMO...

Old 03-26-2014, 03:51 PM
Branded
Senior User
Here's his deceiving ads.

I'll gaurantee I'll cost him more in sales than he made off me. I hate theives and liars.

Door Handle | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts

Door Handle | Dennis Carpenter Ford Restoration Parts

Old 03-26-2014, 03:54 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Originally Posted by Branded
They don't look bad ... They actually fit...
I don't think you can ask for more.

Like Ray says, Ford has delegated production of some parts to DC, in some cases using Ford's tooling. That's about as "Ford" as you will find. If you want true NOS, DC has a NOS dept. with prices about 3X - 5X the cost of the others.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Branded
Senior User
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
I don't think you can ask for more.

Like Ray says, Ford has delegated production of some parts to DC, in some cases using Ford's tooling. That's about as "Ford" as you will find. If you want true NOS, DC has a NOS dept. with prices about 3X - 5X the cost of the others.
If they listed them a reproduced using Ford molds I wouldn't have a problem..but, they were list as Genuine Ford. They should have listed them a reproduced and approved by Ford. They are not Genuine Ford, the are Genuine Reproductions by Dennis Carpenter possibl using Fords molds.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
It's hard to read on the mobile site, but they display the officially licensed/original tooling logo on the second link. Tells me it's a repro.

Kind of a gray area, to me. Sorta like Swiss Army knives - one manufacturer claims theirs is "genuine" the other "original". Hm. Agreed they should make things more clear, tho at one level I'd just be thankful somebody is making parts for these things.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 03-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Branded
Senior User
Tedster I am thankful for the folks that reproduce parts for our hobby. I've been restoring cars and truck for 40 years. There has never been a time in those 40 years that there wasn't a project in my garage. When I first got into the hobby you either built it your self or went to to bone yard and searched for something that would fit or make fit. But like I said in the beginning don't lie to me. Don't tell me its genuine when its actually reproduced.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:29 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell ya what - Open a store advertised as selling Ford Parts and see how long it is before the lawyers have you in court - Ford has people that inspect the parts before they authorize you to sell Genuine or other Ford parts as new and sometimes NOS or used.
If you go to a Ford Dealer today and order a part for your Vehicle it will be a Genuine Ford part but it will be made by an after market jobber

Old 03-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Branded
Senior User
You don't get it do ya...

Old 03-26-2014, 04:47 PM
19fifty4
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've always gotten good service and a square deal from DC.

Old 03-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Branded
Senior User
Again...... I'm not complaining about the service, and quite frankly the the handles don't look to bad. It just the deceiving ad the got me jacked up. They are not Genuine Ford parts, they are Genuine Reproduced Ford Parts. No, the want list as NOS but as Genuine. So all I can say is buyer beware, ask questions. I did and they won't respond to my e mail. They were fast to answer my request for a tracking number but won't respond to a complaint.

Quick Reply: Dennis Carpenter (Thumbs Down)